PDA

View Full Version : China preparing for armed conflict 'in every direction'

Gingersnap
12-30-2010, 10:26 AM
China preparing for armed conflict 'in every direction'

China is preparing for conflict 'in every direction', the defence minister said on Wednesday in remarks that threaten to overshadow a visit to Beijing by his US counterpart next month.

http://i52.tinypic.com/33dbod1.jpg
Photo: AP

By Peter Foster, Beijing 1:30PM GMT 29 Dec 2010

"In the coming five years, our military will push forward preparations for military conflict in every strategic direction," said Liang Guanglie in an interview published by several state-backed newspapers in China. "We may be living in peaceful times, but we can never forget war, never send the horses south or put the bayonets and guns away," Mr Liang added.

China repeatedly says it is planning a "peaceful rise" but the recent pace and scale of its military modernisation has alarmed many of its neighbours in the Asia-Pacific, including Japan which described China's military build-up as a "global concern" this month.

Mr Liang's remarks come at a time of increasingly difficult relations between the Chinese and US armed forces which a three-day visit by his counterpart Robert Gates is intended to address. A year ago China froze substantive military relations in protest at US arms sales to Taiwan and relations deteriorated further this summer when China objected to US plans to deploy one of its nuclear supercarriers, the USS George Washington, into the Yellow Sea off the Korean peninsula.

China also announced this month that it was preparing to launch its own aircraft carrier next year in a signal that China is determined to punch its weight as a rising superpower. The news came a year earlier than many US defence analysts had predicted.

Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/8229789/China-preparing-for-armed-conflict-in-every-direction.html)

AmPat
12-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Makes sense. They have been invaded and pummeled by , by, well the country of???? Well, they were threatened by, uh, . Ok, what about Burma? Yeah, that's it, Burma! And the UN? Fearsome fellows there. China is so threatened that they have to build up their military? Snort, chortle, laugh. :rolleyes:

m00
12-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Makes sense. They have been invaded and pummeled by , by, well the country of????

Japan.

Satanicus
12-30-2010, 02:43 PM
"In the coming five years, our military will push forward preparations for military conflict in every strategic direction,"

Who cares , we do the same thing. It would be reckless as a nation to do otherwise.

AmPat
12-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Japan.
:rolleyes: If you want to go back to Pre WW1 and 2, sure. Thanks for telling me, a history major, about Japan. They attacked us also. Since then, I don't see Japan as an aggressor to China. K?

gator
12-30-2010, 03:16 PM

China is preparing for conflict 'in every direction',

Quick give every country in the world more money before the Chinese kill all of us. That is the way we normally handle these things.

By the way we have a two and half war policy ourselves. Isnít that preparing for war in every direction?

Madisonian
12-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Quick give every country in the world more money before the Chinese kill all of us. That is the way we normally handle these things.

By the way we have a two and half war policy ourselves. Isnít that preparing for war in every direction?

Not until we invade Canada.

gator
12-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Not until we invade Canada.

Actually we have invaded both Canada and Mexico and also Cuba, just not recently.

Dan D. Doty
12-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Two words ... John Titor.

PoliCon
12-30-2010, 06:32 PM
This is one of the main reasosn why I hate seeing a made in china label. I do not like funding this kind of shit. :mad:

m00
12-30-2010, 06:40 PM
:rolleyes: If you want to go back to Pre WW1 and 2, sure. Thanks for telling me, a history major, about Japan. They attacked us also. Since then, I don't see Japan as an aggressor to China. K?

You're in school?

AmPat
12-30-2010, 07:12 PM
You're in school?

Nope. BS in Education 1983. I've forgotten more history than I care to admit.

PoliCon
12-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Nope. BS in Education 1983. I've forgotten more history than I care to admit.

you mean you're a democrat? :eek:

Dan D. Doty
12-30-2010, 11:01 PM
you mean you're a democrat? :eek:

No. they rewrite history; like when Moonbats claim it was them who won the Cold War.

ironhorsedriver
12-31-2010, 08:45 AM
I look for China to move on Tiawan before the Messiah leaves office. Just like Iran releasing the hostages before Reagan took office, China doesn't want to have to deal with a harder line Administration. They know that Obama is an appeaser, and would probably waffle on a response, so much so that they would be firmly in place before he even aknowledged the problem.
Another issue I took from the article, It stated the Carrier Killer missle was basically operational, but would require years of testing. Chinese don't work like us, if it's basically operational, it's operational. They will certainly do more testing and refining, but they would do so with the weapon still on the front lines.

PoliCon
12-31-2010, 06:45 PM
Chinese don't work like usEXACTLY. They do not think like us. They do not prioritize like us. The do not value the same things we value.