PDA

View Full Version : The Apocolypse is near!

Madisonian
01-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Lions 20, Vikings 13.

The Lions end the season with 4 straight wins finishing out of last place for the first time since 2006 and with a 6-10 record,it is their best since they finished 6-10 in 2004. Technically they are tied for 3rd with the Vikings who will also finish the season with a 6-10 record, but since the Lions have a slightly less pathetic division record of 2-4 versus the Vikings 1-6 and matching conference records of 5-7, they will finish a nose over the Vikings.

You have to go back to 2000 for the last time the Lions won more than 6 games when they finished in a tie for third with a 9-7 record.

NJCardFan
01-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Lions 20, Vikings 13.

The Lions end the season with 4 straight wins finishing out of last place for the first time since 2006 and with a 6-10 record,it is their best since they finished 6-10 in 2004. Technically they are tied for 3rd with the Vikings who will also finish the season with a 6-10 record, but since the Lions have a slightly less pathetic division record of 2-4 versus the Vikings 1-6 and matching conference records of 5-7, they will finish a nose over the Vikings.

You have to go back to 2000 for the last time the Lions won more than 6 games when they finished in a tie for third with a 9-7 record.

Welcome to my world as a Cardinal fan.

Madisonian
01-02-2011, 05:20 PM

True, it must be worse for you. We at least have the Wings to look forward to every year.;)

Constitutionally Speaking
01-02-2011, 08:07 PM

At least you made the Super Bowl a couple of years ago. We have to go back to the Pre-Super Bowl days for our last Championship. :(

NJCardFan
01-02-2011, 08:10 PM
True, it must be worse for you. We at least have the Wings to look forward to every year.;)

Well, I'm a Flyers fan and a Phillies fan so you're point is lost. :p

Madisonian
01-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Well, I'm a Flyers fan and a Phillies fan so you're point is lost. :p

26 years since winning Lord Stanley's Cup and getting swept by the Wings in 97?
I think the point was made.:D

Bubba Dawg
01-02-2011, 08:46 PM
The other day I put 50 cents in a gumball type machine to get a little NFL helmet.

It was a Lions helmet.

I live in Georgia.

Lions QB Matthew Stafford played at UGA.

This is a sign.

Lions.

Next year.

Lions, baby. Take it to the bank and you heard it here first. :cool:

NJCardFan
01-03-2011, 11:42 AM
26 years since winning Lord Stanley's Cup and getting swept by the Wings in 97?
I think the point was made.:D

Nice how you leave out the 2008 World Series. :p

Madisonian
01-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Nice how you leave out the 2008 World Series. :p

I was only looking at real sports.
Baseball quit being a real sport when the AL adopted the DH rule.:D

NJCardFan
01-03-2011, 04:40 PM
I was only looking at real sports.
Baseball quit being a real sport when the AL adopted the DH rule.:D

Hence my rooting for a National League team. :p

SaintLouieWoman
01-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Hence my rooting for a National League team. :p
And you couldn't have picked one with a better history and tradition. I really miss living in my home town and going to see the Cards. The last company Christmas party we had was at Bush Stadium. There's an area for parties, indoors, that's also available off season. We got a deal for the off season---had the food and a tour of the stadium, saw the owners' box, the broadcasting booth where Mike Shannon prevails, and the dugout. I loved it.

Last night was misery watching the Rams. I was shocked that they got as far as they did, but as usual, they lost. At least the Seahawks didn't annihilate the Rams.

Constitutionally Speaking
01-03-2011, 09:37 PM
The other day I put 50 cents in a gumball type machine to get a little NFL helmet.

It was a Lions helmet.

I live in Georgia.

Lions QB Matthew Stafford played at UGA.

This is a sign.

Lions.

Next year.

Lions, baby. Take it to the bank and you heard it here first. :cool:

EXCUSE ME???!!?!!??!??!?!?!

:mad:

;)

NJCardFan
01-05-2011, 03:04 AM
And you couldn't have picked one with a better history and tradition. I really miss living in my home town and going to see the Cards. The last company Christmas party we had was at Bush Stadium. There's an area for parties, indoors, that's also available off season. We got a deal for the off season---had the food and a tour of the stadium, saw the owners' box, the broadcasting booth where Mike Shannon prevails, and the dugout. I loved it.

Last night was misery watching the Rams. I was shocked that they got as far as they did, but as usual, they lost. At least the Seahawks didn't annihilate the Rams.
In my time as a fan, the Phillies have as many world championships as the Cardinals do. And you're just mad because Ryan Howard owns the Cards. :p And good luck facing our pitching staff. Question though, were you a football Cardinals fan when they were in STL?

As for the Lions, let's see how good they are if Stafford can last a full season. Is that guy made of glass?

Apocalypse
01-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Oh sorry I'm finally here.

I was near, but now I have arrived.

:P

Bubba Dawg
01-08-2011, 09:10 PM
EXCUSE ME???!!?!!??!??!?!?!

:mad:

;)

Hey, I can't resist a bandwagon.....;) :D