PDA

View Full Version : Arizona sheriff introduces all female chain gang

megimoo
01-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who oversees the police force in Maricopa County, Arizona, which includes the city of Phoenix, has re-introduced chain gangs for women prisoners after an earlier experiment with men.

The female chain gang performs tasks including burying the dead in paupers’ graves and clearing wasteland in scorching heat over 100F (38C).At night the women are not allowed to sleep inside, bedding down instead under surplus Second World War Army tents on tarmac outside Estrella Jail, where temperatures fall below freezing in winter.

Bianca Jazo, 29, a former bank teller with a five year-old son, was arrested after police found drug paraphernalia in her car.Wielding a shovel on a sun baked patch of land outside Phoenix, she said: “Some people won’t leave their dogs out in this heat but they leave us out in it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8236125/Arizona-sheriff-introduces-all-female-chain-gang.html

Rockntractor
01-02-2011, 07:18 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/SkippyKangaroo.gif

PoliCon
01-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Poor thing. You'd think she was in prison for committing a crime or something . . . .:rolleyes:

m00
01-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Bianca Jazo, 29, a former bank teller with a five year-old son, was arrested after police found drug paraphernalia in her car. Wielding a shovel on a sun baked patch of land outside Phoenix, she said: “Some people won’t leave their dogs out in this heat but they leave us out in it.

Chain gang is too good for her! She should be executed!

NJCardFan
01-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Bianca Jazo, 29, a former bank teller with a five year-old son, was arrested after police found drug paraphernalia in her car. Wielding a shovel on a sun baked patch of land outside Phoenix, she said: “Some people won’t leave their dogs out in this heat but they leave us out in it.

Then maybe she shouldn't be in possession of an illegal item then. And it's not like she's in state or federal prison. If she got 30 days, county is where she belongs.

m00
01-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Then maybe she shouldn't be in possession of an illegal item then. And it's not like she's in state or federal prison. If she got 30 days, county is where she belongs.

Drug paraphernalia is the biggest bullshit law. It's not even drugs! It's an item which may be used in the process of doing drugs. Certainly not enough to wreck someone's life over. Now she's lost her job, and is instead costing the taxpayer money... meanwhile that kid might grow up to be an *actual* criminal.

Madisonian
01-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Drug paraphernalia is the biggest bullshit law. It's not even drugs! It's an item which may be used in the process of doing drugs. Certainly not enough to wreck someone's life over. Now she's lost her job, and is instead costing the taxpayer money... meanwhile that kid might grow up to be an *actual* criminal.

What is "drug paraphernalia" anyways?
When I was (much) younger, we could fashion a grass or hash pipe out of anything.
Pot was sold in baggies, folded notebook paper, aluminum foil, gum wrappers, anything that could hold from a gram to an ounce.
Using "drug paraphernalia" as a legal term means almost anyone could be arrested at any time cause I will guarantee that even if you are buck naked, you have something that can be used to carry or use some form of illegal drug.

m00
01-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Using "drug paraphernalia" as a legal term means almost anyone could be arrested at any time cause I will guarantee that even if you are buck naked, you have something that can be used to carry or use some form of illegal drug.

Yep. Have a compact mirror in your purse? You could be using that to cut coke! :p Really it's a way for police to get ya when they don't have any real evidence, but they kinda "know" you are doing something you shouldn't. Basically, it's bullshit.

Madisonian
01-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Yep. Have a compact mirror in your purse? You could be using that to cut coke! :p Really it's a way for police to get ya when they don't have any real evidence, but they kinda "know" you are doing something you shouldn't. Basically, it's bullshit.

How about a dollar bill? A fast food straw in the glove box?
What about an empty Coke can or an apple or pear.
Those tweezers could be a roach clip and Visine, well we all know what that is used for.:D

m00
01-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Those tweezers could be a roach clip and Visine, well we all know what that is used for.:D

At my high school, when they wanted to punish a kid for something but didn't have a particularly good reason they always searched his locker because mirrors and straws were considered "drug paraphernalia" :p

noonwitch
01-03-2011, 09:43 AM

30 days of forced labor on a chain gang for possession of a pipe or something of that nature? That's insane.

Zafod
01-03-2011, 11:13 AM
oh fucking yawn. People dont know shit.

Participation is the chain gang is voluntary.

and the tents are not WW2 surplus.

fucking idiots

FBIGuy
01-03-2011, 11:24 AM
I say give her the chair just to prove to the rest of the clowns that we mean business.

Zafod
01-03-2011, 11:27 AM
30 days of forced labor on a chain gang for possession of a pipe or something of that nature? That's insane.

there is no forced labor.

this is typical drive by hit peice shit.

Zafod
01-03-2011, 11:28 AM

she shouldnt have volunteered to be on the chain gang.

good grief people.

Odysseus
01-03-2011, 11:29 AM
I say give her the chair just to prove to the rest of the clowns that we mean business.

Nah. Just get Sybil Danning hired as the warden and put Linda Blair on the gang and you have a program that will pay for itself. :D

NJCardFan
01-03-2011, 11:40 AM

I remember when you could buy coke spoons in a record store. Hell, I remember when coffee stirrers you got at McDonald's looked like coke spoons.

Madisonian
01-03-2011, 07:06 PM
I remember when you could buy coke spoons in a record store. Hell, I remember when coffee stirrers you got at McDonald's looked like coke spoons.

You can buy the McDonald's spoons on Ebay cheap. I think I still have a few stuffed in a junk drawer in the kitchen somewhere.

Odysseus
01-03-2011, 07:20 PM
You can buy the McDonald's spoons on Ebay cheap. I think I still have a few stuffed in a junk drawer in the kitchen somewhere.

You have the right to remain silent. If you choose to waive the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, the court will appoint one. Now, which drawere has the McDonald's drug paraphernalia? :D

Rockntractor
01-03-2011, 07:24 PM
McSnort?:confused:

Madisonian
01-03-2011, 07:47 PM
You have the right to remain silent. If you choose to waive the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, the court will appoint one. Now, which drawere has the McDonald's drug paraphernalia? :D

I think it is the same one that has the zip lock bags and aluminum foil below the kitchen scale.:confused:

NJCardFan
01-03-2011, 10:34 PM

Just in case some might think I was pulling this from my anus, here are the McD's coke spoons:
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:xzfet9J76NMiKM:http://www.papermag.com/blogs/images/2007/02/cokespvintage%20spoons.jpg&t=1

Rockntractor
01-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Just in case some might think I was pulling this from my anus, here are the McD's coke spoons:
http://www.snopes.com/business/graphics/mcdspoon.jpg

Uh Oh! You are in big trouble bandwidth thief! Turn your self in to homeland security at once!:eek:

noonwitch
01-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Nah. Just get Sybil Danning hired as the warden and put Linda Blair on the gang and you have a program that will pay for itself. :D

I didn't see that one, I saw the one where Linda Blair gets gang-raped in the shower at juvie hall by a bunch of girls weilding a broomstick. That was on network television.

My dad's classic response is great, though. I was probably in the 5th or 6th grade, and I asked him "what are they doing to her?". He responded "That's what happens when you run away from home".

Odysseus
01-04-2011, 10:31 AM
I think it is the same one that has the zip lock bags and aluminum foil below the kitchen scale.:confused:
Thanks. That will help with the warrant. :D

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:xzfet9J76NMiKM:http://www.papermag.com/blogs/images/2007/02/cokespvintage%20spoons.jpg&t=1
Hiding coke spoons in bodily orifices just makes you guiltier.

I didn't see that one, I saw the one where Linda Blair gets gang-raped in the shower at juvie hall by a bunch of girls weilding a broomstick. That was on network television.

My dad's classic response is great, though. I was probably in the 5th or 6th grade, and I asked him "what are they doing to her?". He responded "That's what happens when you run away from home".

Don't tell me that you ran away the next day? :eek:

noonwitch
01-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks. That will help with the warrant. :D

Hiding coke spoons in bodily orifices just makes you guiltier.

Don't tell me that you ran away the next day? :eek:

I think the movie achieved it's purpose with me, in that it scared me from doing anything remotely bad until I went to college. Linda Blair did a few of those types of movies at the time-she also did an afterschool special in which she was a teenaged alcoholic. I did learn some clever ways to get hold of alcohol from that one, that I stored in my memory for future use as a college student.

Odysseus
01-04-2011, 12:16 PM
I think the movie achieved it's purpose with me, in that it scared me from doing anything remotely bad until I went to college. Linda Blair did a few of those types of movies at the time-she also did an afterschool special in which she was a teenaged alcoholic. I did learn some clever ways to get hold of alcohol from that one, that I stored in my memory for future use as a college student.

Then the "Very Special After School Program" wasn't in vain. :D

Maybe that's where my daughter got the idea of getting her ears pierced? :D