PDA

View Full Version : Sad Story

linda22003
01-03-2011, 01:34 PM
This gentleman was a consultant to my company, and I spent time in many meetings with him, and had pleasant chats with him. He didn't deserve to end up in a landfill. I don't think I've known anyone who's been murdered, before. :(

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20110103/NEWS01/101030329/Dumped-body-was-Vietnam-War-vet

Gingersnap
01-03-2011, 03:00 PM
That's awful! :(

NJCardFan
01-03-2011, 05:32 PM
This is going to be an interesting investigation.

This gentleman was a consultant to my company, and I spent time in many meetings with him, and had pleasant chats with him. He didn't deserve to end up in a landfill. I don't think I've known anyone who's been murdered, before. :(

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20110103/NEWS01/101030329/Dumped-body-was-Vietnam-War-vet
I have and it was one of my old high school teachers. To this day his murder is unsolved.

Odysseus
01-03-2011, 05:34 PM

I've known one murder victim and a number of suicides. It's always a hard thing to deal with. Please accept my condolences for your loss.

noonwitch
01-03-2011, 05:49 PM
I've known one murder victim and a number of suicides. It's always a hard thing to deal with. Please accept my condolences for your loss.

I've been a social worker in Detroit for 23 years. I've known several murder victims-clients, coworkers and friends. A few of my coworkers have also committed suicide over the years, and a few more have drunk themselves to death, one way or another. Plus, one of my high school friends committed suicide my senior year, which is one of those things that led me to seek such a pleasant career field.

Novaheart
01-03-2011, 06:06 PM

When I saw your post, I was sure it was Joe Albero who had died.

hampshirebrit
01-03-2011, 06:09 PM

Whoever it is, requiescat in pace.

It is a pity each time someone good passes from us.

linda22003
01-03-2011, 07:33 PM

I have no idea who that is.

linda22003
01-03-2011, 07:35 PM

It's not "my" loss, as we were acquaintances, but it's such an odd thing to happen. I'll be watching to see where this story goes. Unfortunately, there's a big question mark about his movements. He went back to Del. from DC on 12/28 and that's the last anyone saw him until his body turned up on 12/31. His wife was out of town, and no one reported him missing.

Kay
01-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Wow that is a shock to you I'm sure Linda. :eek:
Prayers to the family. I'm sure this must be just awful
for them. Unfortunately the wife will probably have to
go through all kinds of scrutiny during the investigation
so they can rule out any involvement by her.

SarasotaRepub
01-03-2011, 09:51 PM

That's a shame Linda, I heard about the murder today...

SaintLouieWoman
01-03-2011, 11:12 PM

Whether you were a close friend or acquaintance, it's a shock. It was awful that he was dumped in Newark. SR has mentioned that city for years as a place that challenged East St Louis, Illinois, for one of the worst spots in the country.

I knew someone who was murdered---a young neighbor with 2 little kids who always loved my Blue dawg and petted him. She was murdered by her husband, with the little kids seeing it and running to a neighbor's for protection. I had just talked to her a few days before, when she said she was terrified of her about to be ex.

My condolences.

linda22003
01-04-2011, 09:11 AM
Whether you were a close friend or acquaintance, it's a shock. It was awful that he was dumped in Newark. SR has mentioned that city for years as a place that challenged East St Louis, Illinois, for one of the worst spots in the country.

You may be thinking of Newark, NJ, which is really a pit. Newark, Del. is not as bad (and is pronounced New Ark, as opposed to NJ's "Noork".)

noonwitch
01-04-2011, 09:38 AM
The Today Show covered the story this morning, and seemed to be playing up the battle he was having with a neighbor. I don't know if that's how the police are looking at it, though.

How awful for he and his family, though. I hope they catch whoever did it.

linda22003
01-04-2011, 09:49 AM
I've been hearing a lot about the property conflict with the Marinis as well, but I would hate to think that murder would be committed over a stupid house and where it's built.
I didn't know him well, but I knew him well enough to know that I wouldn't want to be on the opposite side of him in a conflict like that. He'd be a pit bull and would never let go, I'm sure.

Articulate_Ape
01-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Have they said how he died yet? Shot? Whatever? I have seen no report on how he was supposed to have been murdered.

ralph wiggum
01-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Have they said how he died yet? Shot? Whatever? I have seen no report on how he was supposed to have been murdered.

Doesn't sound like it yet, but there's an updated story:

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20110104/NEWS01/101040338/Delaware-crime-Police-searching-for-leads-in-homicide

Sorry to hear, Linda. It is an unusual range of emotions when an acquantaince like this passes. Especially murdered.

linda22003
01-04-2011, 01:42 PM

The police have specifically not released that information at this point, so the method must be meaningful in terms of the investigation.

Molon Labe
01-04-2011, 07:49 PM
It's not "my" loss, as we were acquaintances, but it's such an odd thing to happen. I'll be watching to see where this story goes. Unfortunately, there's a big question mark about his movements. He went back to Del. from DC on 12/28 and that's the last anyone saw him until his body turned up on 12/31. His wife was out of town, and no one reported him missing.

Linda, this is a very sad story. It' now all over the news. Do you think he may have known something he was going to blow the whistle on? From what I'm reading he was involved very much with politics and stood his ground on some issues.

linda22003
01-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Linda, this is a very sad story. It' now all over the news. Do you think he may have known something he was going to blow the whistle on? From what I'm reading he was involved very much with politics and stood his ground on some issues.

My own theory (insofar as I have one) is that it's not nearly that interesting. I don't think there are national security issues at stake in this.

Odysseus
01-05-2011, 12:43 PM
My own theory (insofar as I have one) is that it's not nearly that interesting. I don't think there are national security issues at stake in this.

It seems unlikely. I suspect that it's either a mugging that went bad or a personal issue, possibly the property dispute with the Martinis, but you never know.