PDA

View Full Version : Steak Diane

patriot45
01-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Dang this was good! It was also fast and easy. I used New York strip steaks because that is what I had in the fridge!:D You are supposed to use filets. It was still very tender.

Take the steaks and cut into 2 pcs each, pound with meat hammer to about 1/4" thick or so.
Rub with EVOO and some soy sauce.

For the sauce:

2 T. butter
2 T. minced shallots
1/2 cup beef stock
1 T. dijon mustard
1 T. chopped parsley
1 t. whatsthishere sauce
1/2 t. lemon juice
S & P
(wisk the mustard and broth together)

To cook-

Heat on high heat 2 T butter and 2 t. EVOO

This will cook fast! Put on the steaks and cook for 1 minute and flip and cook for 1 more minute! Done!

With the pan still on high heat add 2 the butter for the sauce and then saute the shallots for about 1 minute. Add the broth mixture to deglaze the pan. Stir in the parsley, whatsthishere, lemon juice and season with S&P.

Return the steaks back to the pan and then flip to coat with sauce.
We served with homemade smashed taters!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/HPIM1473.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/HPIM1474.jpg

Rockntractor
01-05-2011, 07:26 PM
That looks good, I could have done this to my lamb chops tonight had I read it earlier!

lacarnut
01-05-2011, 07:30 PM
I had a Black Angus Rib-eye steak cooked med. rare for supper. Damn good. Searing the steak on high heat is the secret to having a juicy steak. Might cook the other one for breakfast.:cool:

Eagle
01-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Is this for the dog or you?

patriot45
01-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Is this for the dog or you?

I munch on them while cooking! :D

SarasotaRepub
01-07-2011, 10:34 PM
SLW and I had a nice RibEye tonight...man was it good!

CostCo meat rules!!! :D There was enough for both of us in one steak.

gator
01-08-2011, 09:46 AM
I am sorry but I have to call fraud on this.

Those do not look like any New York strip steaks I have ever seen.

This is what NY strip steaks looks like and your pictures isn't even close.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdREgfsJN4Ffjogy_x-1nBRcPAhAu30wZW-iN6U-UfmCP92aGP

What are you trying to pull here?

patriot45
01-08-2011, 12:19 PM

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdREgfsJN4Ffjogy_x-1nBRcPAhAu30wZW-iN6U-UfmCP92aGP

Haha! Reading the directions is not your strong point, is it!?!

Take the steaks and cut into 2 pcs each, pound with meat hammer to about 1/4" thick or so.

megimoo
01-08-2011, 12:32 PM

FLORIDA IRON CHEF....The Epic Chef Against Chef Battle Rages On !

Only One Will Reign Supreme...Tonight's Secret Ingredient....BEEF..

http://www.epicchefwars.com/

Rockntractor
01-08-2011, 12:36 PM

You are putting me in a tough position here. Normally you have my unquestioned support but you shouldn't have to beat the snot out of a New York strip!:confused:

m00
01-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Made with dog treats?

Rockntractor
01-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Made with dog treats?

That was just seasoning and he uses it lightly.:rolleyes:

gator
01-08-2011, 12:53 PM

Why would I bother to read the directions when you didn't even make Steak Diane with the right kind of steak?

You pull this scam of using NY Strip Steak and then pounding it out like chicken fried steak or something.

What the hell are you doing? Has a sink hole opened up next to your house and radon gas is making you crazy?

You boys from New York are dangerous around food.

megimoo
01-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Why would I bother to read the directions when you didn't even make Steak Diane with the right kind of steak?

You pull this scam of using NY Strip Steak and then pounding it out like chicken fried steak or something.

What the hell are you doing? Has a sink hole opened up next to your house and radon gas is making you crazy?

You boys from New York are dangerous around food.The opening salvo and he goes for the throat with the ultimate insult .How will our Chef from Plant City counter the Bromley Bruiser ?

gator
01-08-2011, 02:19 PM
I am going to cook Steak Diane the correct way for Sunday dinner. I will show this boy from New York how to do it right.

First of all I will make it with a tenderloin filet so that I don't have to pound it out with a hammer like country fried steak in order to make it edible.

Second of all I will cook it on the stove so as not to take advantage of the extraordinary cooking ability of my Big Green Egg. It will be a level playing field.

patriot45
01-08-2011, 06:23 PM
I am going to cook Steak Diane the correct way for Sunday dinner. I will show this boy from New York how to do it right.

First of all I will make it with a tenderloin filet so that I don't have to pound it out with a hammer like country fried steak in order to make it edible.

Second of all I will cook it on the stove so as not to take advantage of the extraordinary cooking ability of my Big Green Egg. It will be a level playing field.

Good for you! Its delicious! You know Julia Child would make it using delmonicos. I know the exactly correct PC way to do it. You really should read the written words! :D

Dang this was good! It was also fast and easy. I used New York strip steaks because that is what I had in the fridge! You are supposed to use filets. It was still very tender.

patriot45
01-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Oh yeah, you pound them not just for tenderizing but so they cook for just 1 minute on each side! Fast and easy!;)

Rockntractor
01-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Oh yeah, you pound them not just for tenderizing but so they cook for just 1 minute on each side! Fast and easy!;)

Did Diane not have any teeth?:confused:

m00
01-08-2011, 06:59 PM

Is this what you do in the kitchen, or in the bedroom?

megimoo
01-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Did Diane not have any teeth?:confused:Gums Dianne.

gator
01-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Mr. Patriot

On the way home from church today I stopped at the store and bought the ingredients to make real Steak Diane. We will have it for dinner tonight.

First off all I bought tenderloin filets as the recipe calls for. You omitted good ingredients like cream and mushrooms and the deglazing with Brandy. Ingredients that make the dish more like what is served in fine dining restaurants rather than what is served at Denny’s along the New Jersey Turnpike when they have leftover meat from chicken fried steak.

I was planning on kicking your ass by posting pictures of the dish and embarrassing you by showing you how to do it right. However, you are a good guy and you love your cooking and although you have a lot to learn you do not deserve to be embarrassed.

Out of respect to you I won’t rub it in. I’ll post a little picture after it is cooked just to show you that I made the dish but I won’t rub it in.

At least you are trying to learn. I’ll give you a “C” for effort. If you start listening to me more then I will help you to raise your score to “A”.

megimoo
01-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Mr. Patriot

On the way home from church today I stopped at the store and bought the ingredients to make real Steak Diane. We will have it for dinner tonight.

First off all I bought tenderloin filets as the recipe calls for. You omitted good ingredients like cream and mushrooms and the deglazing with Brandy. Ingredients that make the dish more like what is served in fine dining restaurants rather than what is served at Dennys along the New Jersey Turnpike when they have leftover meat from chicken fried steak.

I was planning on kicking your ass by posting pictures of the dish and embarrassing you by showing you how to do it right. However, you are a good guy and you love your cooking and although you have a lot to learn you do not deserve to be embarrassed.

Out of respect to you I wont rub it in. Ill post a little picture after it is cooked just to show you that I made the dish but I wont rub it in.

At least you are trying to learn. Ill give you a C for effort. If you start listening to me more then I will help you to raise your score to A.

"Come To My School And I'll Teach You How It's Done....Boy !"

Sounds like the opening 'salvo's ' to CU's Great American Food Challenge to me ?

The winning prize ?...An XL Green EGG .

gator
01-09-2011, 06:53 PM
We had the Steak Diane tonight and it was great.

I used the same basic recipe as Patriot but I made several very important improvements.

First of all I used tenderloin filets instead of pounding them out like you would do Country fried steak or something.

Second I added Congac to the broth.

Third of all I added cream.

Forth of all I added mushrooms.

The result was outstanding. No fancy pictures but here is the product.

Cooking the steaks:

http://images.photo2.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp5348%3B%3Enu%3D325%3A%3E2%3B5%3E2%3A 9%3EWSNRCG%3D3579877335328nu0mrj

Finished:

http://images.photo2.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp53335%3Enu%3D325%3A%3E2%3B5%3E2%3A9% 3EWSNRCG%3D3579877334328nu0mrj

patriot45
01-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Good job Gator! I guess I did the whats in the fridge and pantry version! I'm sure yours was at least as tasty as mine!:D