PDA

View Full Version : "'Le Batman Islam 'Finds a Formidable Foe in Right-Wing America "

megimoo
01-07-2011, 05:00 AM
'Le Batman Francais' finds a formidable foe in right-wing America

Holy baguettes, Batman. Your brand-new French lieutenant – aka "le Batman Francais" – is already in trouble. This must be a job for the caped crusader, or maybe the crusader with a képé.

The American right has attacked the comic-book creators of Batman and Robin for introducing a "French Batman", who is "not French, but Muslim". The new superhero, introduced in DC Comics' Batman Annual 2011 last month, is called Nightrunner.

He is a 22-year-old French man of Algerian origin, who lives in Clichy-sous-Bois, the town north of Paris where the 2005 suburban riots began. His "real" name is supposed to be Bilal Asselah. After brushing with riots and crime in the multi-racial French banlieues as a teenager, he is chosen by Batman to become his French representative in the struggle against Evil.

This is part of the Dark Knight's drive to build a crime-fighting network all over the globe – and a drive by DC Comics to franchise the lucrative Batman legend to other countries and cultures.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/le-batman-francais-finds-a-formidable-foe-in-rightwing-america-2178076.html

Odysseus
01-07-2011, 12:11 PM
I can see this playing out as Batman enforces Sharia law:

Page 1, Splash:

Night scene, exterior, in a alley in Clichy-sous-bois. Three young toughs have a young girl up against a wall. They have knives out and two are holding her as the third stands in front of her, threatening:

Threatening Tough #1: Slut! You dare show your body in public? We have ways of dealing with you!

Page 2, six panels, Panel 1: Over the shoulder shot of tough #1, as he turns to an off-panel voice, with girl's terrified face in BG:

Batman (Off Panel): Not so fast...

Panel 2: Big panel showing Batman swinging into the alley, the girl looks relieved, the toughs are frightened.

Batman: What's going on here?

Panel 3: Close on tough #1:

Tough #1: We are going to teach this slut a lesson for flaunting her body, as the Prophet (PBUH) demands.

Panel 3: Close on girl:

Girl: You are a hero! Please help me!

Panel 4: Two-shot of Batman and girl, with toughs behind. He is looking her up and down.

Panel 5: Same angle. Batman slaps her.

Batman: Quiet, slut!

Panel 6: Low angle of girl on ground, backing away, as in extreme foreground, we see Batman's feet and the utility belt striking the ground.

Batman: I'm going first!

megimoo
01-07-2011, 12:20 PM
I can see this playing out as Batman enforces Sharia law:

Page 1, Splash:

Night scene, exterior, in a alley in Clichy-sous-bois. Three young toughs have a young girl up against a wall. They have knives out and two are holding her as the third stands in front of her, threatening:

Threatening Tough #1: Slut! You dare show your body in public? We have ways of dealing with you!

Page 2, six panels, Panel 1: Over the shoulder shot of tough #1, as he turns to an off-panel voice, with girl's terrified face in BG:

Batman (Off Panel): Not so fast...

Panel 2: Big panel showing Batman swinging into the alley, the girl looks relieved, the toughs are frightened.

Batman: What's going on here?

Panel 3: Close on tough #1:

Tough #1: We are going to teach this slut a lesson for flaunting her body, as the Prophet (PBUH) demands.

Panel 3: Close on girl:

Girl: You are a hero! Please help me!

Panel 4: Two-shot of Batman and girl, with toughs behind. He is looking her up and down.

Panel 5: Same angle. Batman slaps her.

Batman: Quiet, slut!

Panel 6: Low angle of girl on ground, backing away, as in extreme foreground, we see Batman's feet and the utility belt striking the ground.

Batman: I'm going first!You have the gift ...go for it !

Zathras
01-07-2011, 01:12 PM
The probability of Batman...

http://www.qwantz.com/comics/comic2-1881.png

noonwitch
01-07-2011, 02:02 PM
If it was in arabic, instead of french, I could probably find a copy at the comic book store in Dearborn. The muslims in Dearborn speak arabic and/or english, not french.

Odysseus
01-07-2011, 02:59 PM
The probability of Batman...

http://www.qwantz.com/comics/comic2-1881.png
And the odds of Batman finding a courageous Frenchman are even more remote.

You have the gift ...go for it !
See my PM to you.

If it was in arabic, instead of french, I could probably find a copy at the comic book store in Dearborn. The muslims in Dearborn speak arabic and/or english, not french.

The Muslims in Paris speak Arabic and French, as well as the international language of violent jihad.

NJCardFan
01-07-2011, 03:11 PM
The reality of the situation is that jihadists would be an enemy to Batman. Even in Odysseus' scenario, this doesn't fit into the Batman persona. Not even when Azrael took over. It's be a huge leap if they had him do so.

AmPat
01-07-2011, 04:48 PM
The reality of the situation is that jihadists would be an enemy to Batman. Even in Odysseus' scenario, this doesn't fit into the Batman persona. Not even when Azrael took over. It's be a huge leap if they had him do so.

Jihadis would be more interested in Robin, a teen boy in tights.:cool:

Odysseus
01-07-2011, 06:41 PM
It depends on how cravenly PC DC decides to be. Even if he isn't an overt jihadi, a Salafist or Wahhabi Muslim would have no problem with rape, honor killings or any of the other lovely aspects of Sharia that the Religion of Peace (TM) is bringing to the west. In fact, a really savvy story-teller would have a field day with Batman having to go back and deal with the mess created by appointing such a person.

I would have picked a Foreign Legionaire or someone with a similar background, who could have blended into French society, but who had the chops to take on criminals and the like. The only French superhero that I'm aware of, Le Baneur Blanc, was known for the rapidity of his surrender. :D

Jihadis would be more interested in Robin, a teen boy in tights.:cool:

To the Batpole! :eek:

fettpett
01-07-2011, 08:42 PM
really? this whining again? big fucking deal...

NJCardFan
01-07-2011, 11:05 PM
It depends on how cravenly PC DC decides to be. Even if he isn't an overt jihadi, a Salafist or Wahhabi Muslim would have no problem with rape, honor killings or any of the other lovely aspects of Sharia that the Religion of Peace (TM) is bringing to the west. In fact, a really savvy story-teller would have a field day with Batman having to go back and deal with the mess created by appointing such a person.

I would have picked a Foreign Legionaire or someone with a similar background, who could have blended into French society, but who had the chops to take on criminals and the like. The only French superhero that I'm aware of, Le Baneur Blanc, was known for the rapidity of his surrender. :D

To the Batpole! :eek:
Like the aforementioned Azrael.

fettpett
01-08-2011, 07:43 AM
Like the aforementioned Azrael.

yeah, Tim and Dick had a great time trying to fix that fuck up. That was one of Bruce's biggest mistakes and I'm sure he learned from it.

At lest the kid will do more than sit back, drink wine, fraternize with the ladies and surrender each time he gets into a fight :D