PDA

View Full Version : Gabby Giffords (D) Shot

Apocalypse
01-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Just on Fox that Rep Gabby Giffords (d) from Arizona was shot point blank range reportable in the head.

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

by NPR Staff
text size A A A
January 8, 2011

U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona was shot outside a grocery store in Tucson while holding a public event, Arizona Public Media reported Saturday.

The Democrat, who was re-elected to her third term in November, was hosting a "Congress on Your Corner" event at the Safeway in northwest Tucson when a gunman ran up and started shooting, according to Peter Michaels, news director of Arizona Public Media.

At least five other people, including members of her staff, were hurt. Giffords was transported to University Medical Center in Tucson. Her condition was not immediately known.

Giffords was talking to a couple when the suspect ran up firing indiscriminately and then ran off, Michaels said. According to other witnesses, he was tackled by a bystander and taken into custody.

Giffords was first elected to represent Arizona's 8th District in 2006. The "Congress on Your Corner" events allow constituents to present their concerns directly to her.

More details to come.

Apocalypse
01-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Link

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/08/132764367/congresswoman-shot-in-arizona?ft=1&f=1014&sc=tw

PoliCon
01-08-2011, 01:35 PM
WTF is wrong with people???

Apocalypse
01-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Saying now on Fox that up to 12 people may have been shoot in this event.

Bailey
01-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Prayers to her and her supporters who were injured :(

Fucking dirt bags over at DU are already clamming (or hoping it is) it is a "tea bagger" fucking douche err Novaheart bags

Constitutionally Speaking
01-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Prayers for her and her family.

PoliCon
01-08-2011, 01:55 PM
He comes the MSM outcry against conservatives and against guns and agaisnt FoxNews. . . . .

Bailey
01-08-2011, 02:17 PM
I am hearing on Fox now that she has died :(

More prayers for her family and hope she is with the lord now :(

Calypso Jones
01-08-2011, 02:22 PM
that's what i'm hearing too. Shot to the head. not good any way you look at it. I would like to know who did this. This may be delayed so that the left can spin it.

Calypso Jones
01-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Breaking: Giffords has died.

http://weaselzippers.us/2011/01/08/dem-congresswoman-gabrielle-giffords-shot-in-arizona/

megimoo
01-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords had died from gunshot wounds after being shot in Tucson, Arizona. This is KFI Los Angeles radio breaking news so it's not on their website

http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/jk2010.html

Calypso Jones
01-08-2011, 02:37 PM
tragic. Unnecessary.

fettpett
01-08-2011, 02:45 PM
My prayers and thoughts are with her family, tragic way to die. This isn't how we solve our Political differences in the US, thats 3rd world country bullshit. fortunately it's not something that happens often. it's been what? 30 years since a Political assassination/attempt in the US?

MountainMan
01-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Fox is reporting that up to 6 people have died including a child.

fettpett
01-08-2011, 02:46 PM
dude - it happened while she WAS out of town. :rolleyes:

Gifford wasn't out of town, she was in her district doing a "Meet Your Rep" event

Bailey
01-08-2011, 02:47 PM
NOW THEY ARE SAYING SHE IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!

God Please spare her :(

megimoo
01-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Dead After Being Shot
This is KFI Los Angeles radio breaking news so it's not on their website

4 others including a child have died. Thoughts and prayers to the Giffords family and others grieving after this terrible event

According to Tucson TV station KOLD13 live streaming, Giffords is still alive and in surgery as of 12:30 Tucson time.........http://www.kold.com/

Suspect in custody is male in late teens or early 20s.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2653514/posts

Calypso Jones
01-08-2011, 02:48 PM
no. they happen all the time. We just don't for the most part think about it. Vince Foster? That woman found bound and naked in a locked from the inside DC office? The unibomber? Malcolm X. That man found the other day in the dump.

MountainMan
01-08-2011, 02:50 PM
MSNBC just had the local sheriff on the phone and he is already calling for an investigation in talk radio and how they are involved in this.

Articulate_Ape
01-08-2011, 02:50 PM
...it's been what? 30 years since a Political assassination/attempt in the US?

Not really. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_presidential_assassination_a ttempts_and_plots#Bill_Clinton)

Bailey
01-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Dead After Being Shot
This is KFI Los Angeles radio breaking news so it's not on their website

4 others including a child have died. Thoughts and prayers to the Giffords family and others grieving after this terrible event

According to Tucson TV station KOLD13 live streaming, Giffords is still alive and in surgery as of 12:30 Tucson time.........http://www.kold.com/

Suspect in custody is male in late teens or early 20s.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2653514/posts

I'm hearing she is still alive but in very critical condtion :(

megimoo
01-08-2011, 02:54 PM
AZ Congresswoman assassinated, 6 Others, Killed By Gunman

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and six others died after a gunman opened fire at a public event on Saturday, the Pima County, Ariz., sheriff's office confirms.

The 40-year-old Democrat, who was re-elected to her third term in November, was hosting a "Congress on Your Corner" event at a Safeway in northwest Tucson when a gunman ran up and started shooting, according to Peter Michaels, news director of Arizona Public Media.

At least three other people, including members of her staff, were injured. Giffords was transported to University Medical Center in Tucson. Her condition was not immediately known. Giffords was talking to.

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/08/132764367/congresswoman-shot-in-arizona

fettpett
01-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Not really. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_presidential_assassination_a ttempts_and_plots#Bill_Clinton)

I meant domestically, sorry

taking pot shots at the White House hardly counts. The Cessna crash is a toss up.

PoliCon
01-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Gifford wasn't out of town, she was in her district doing a "Meet Your Rep" event

Yes. I know. Which means she was not at either of her homes. She was not in her home in DC or at her district home either.

PoliCon
01-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Giffords was a blue dog . . .

Rockntractor
01-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Giffords was a blue dog . . .

The news will buzz for days over this, I can only imagine in this political climate.

fettpett
01-08-2011, 03:01 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/01/08/20110108arizona-giffords-brk.html

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona was shot at a Tucson event Saturday morning; five others have been reportedly killed.

Arizona state Sen. Linda Lopez, who is at University Medical Center in Tucson, said she spoke to Giffords' parents and that they said she is in the emergency room undergoing surgery and is in very serious condition.

But conflicting reports abound: CNN, FOX and NPR news, as well as KOVA-TV in Tucson, report that the congresswoman is dead; but MSNBC interviewed the Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik and he said as of 12:25 p.m., she was still alive.

Wonder how much of the reports on her death are the National Media jumping the gun in order to put their spin on this

Rockntractor
01-08-2011, 03:03 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/01/08/20110108arizona-giffords-brk.html

Wonder how much of the reports on her death are the National Media jumping the gun in order to put their spin on this

The sheriffs dept. told that to NPR on the phone. NPR scooped this, they were the only major news org at the event.

jendf
01-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Stunned. Completely shocked. Prayers to everyone who was shot and their friends and families. Awful, awful, awful.

Calypso Jones
01-08-2011, 03:06 PM
so NPR says. REad the viewer comments about whose fault it is. If the reports on the id of the shooter are as good as the reports on the congresswoman's condition, shoot, i won't believe anything till tomorrow.

fettpett
01-08-2011, 03:06 PM
The sheriffs dept. told that to NPR on the phone. NPR scooped this, they were the only major news org at the event.

yeah, but that doesn't mean that Sheriffs department was right either. I'd say that until the Hospital makes a statement on her condition that it's up in the air.

Articulate_Ape
01-08-2011, 03:07 PM
I meant domestically, sorry

taking pot shots at the White House hardly counts. The Cessna crash is a toss up.

You are correct that is is rare, but it has happened in the last 30 years (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assassinated_American_politicians). I'm just sayin'.

Rockntractor
01-08-2011, 03:09 PM
yeah, but that doesn't mean that Sheriffs department was right either. I'd say that until the Hospital makes a statement on her condition that it's up in the air.

Mau10mans post goes a long way toward explaining the sheriff!

MSNBC just had the local sheriff on the phone and he is already calling for an investigation in talk radio and how they are involved in this.

Novaheart
01-08-2011, 03:10 PM
These people simply cannot shut up. They have no new information, and they keep talking and digging up ever more irrelevant people to talk to.

PoliCon
01-08-2011, 03:10 PM
The news will buzz for days over this, I can only imagine in this political climate.

apparently her district is also a border district. Think this might be a hit by a Mexican drug gang?

Rockntractor
01-08-2011, 03:11 PM
These people simply cannot shut up. They have no new information, and they keep talking and digging up ever more irrelevant people to talk to.

Exactly, they are waiting for NPR and the sherrifs dept to leak them info.

Articulate_Ape

Let me know when they get to Wesley Clark.

Novaheart
so NPR says. REad the viewer comments about whose fault it is. If the reports on the id of the shooter are as good as the reports on the congresswoman's condition, shoot, i won't believe anything till tomorrow.

I'm just going to wait for the final version. This is as painful as listening to Dominick Dunne.

Novaheart
01-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Let me know when they get to Wesley Clark.

They skipped right over him and went to some guy in Texas.

fettpett
01-08-2011, 03:12 PM
You are correct that is is rare, but it has happened in the last 30 years (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assassinated_American_politicians). I'm just sayin'.

thanks....most were lesser known...the only real attempt I could think of was Reagan in 1980.

Rockntractor
01-08-2011, 03:13 PM
apparently her district is also a border district. Think this might be a hit by a Mexican drug gang?

It is odd, they reported a young male in his 20s, if he was white that would be the first part of the sentence.

PoliCon
01-08-2011, 03:14 PM
It is odd, they reported a young male in his 20s, if he was white that would be the first part of the sentence.

I thought that they were saying he is white :confused:

Novaheart
01-08-2011, 03:15 PM

If there were a silver lining to this, that would be it. Unfortunately, this looks like it's headed more towards "Gun are bad" than "Illegals are dangerous".

I checked DU, and some over there have decided it was a teabagger. I guess that's because of all the teabaggers in the jails around the country and the notorious teabagger crime rate, who knows?

Articulate_Ape
01-08-2011, 03:16 PM

The kid certainly seemed to know wheat he was doing given the carnage. That and the fact that the cartels have been recruiting far younger kids to do their wet work makes what you are positing a distinct possibility.

fettpett
01-08-2011, 03:17 PM
according to the NY Times article I was reading, she's had her office vandalized in march after the Obamacare vote and in 2009 at a similar event another man was arrested for having a gun on him in a grocery store. I'm surprised she hasn't had more security if there have been threats.

Novaheart
01-08-2011, 03:18 PM

When a Latino is a "hard working undocumented immigrant" then he is brown.
When a Latino is a Republican then he's a coconut.
When a Latino is a murderer, he's a white male. If you don't believe me, I encourage you to peruse the Florida Dept. Of Correction database.

Novaheart
01-08-2011, 03:20 PM
in other news:

15 headless bodies found in Acapulco
By the CNN Wire Staff
January 8, 2011 -- Updated 1641 GMT (0041 HKT)

Rockntractor
01-08-2011, 03:24 PM

They may have but on the news I was listening to they didn't.

megimoo
01-08-2011, 03:28 PM
snip

Giffords, 40, was chatting with a couple in her district when the shooter opened fire from about four feet away.

The shooter, described as a man in his teens or early 20s, was tackled by a bystander as he ran from the scene, according to NPR.

The gunfire erupted around 10 a.m. during the "Congress at Your Corner" event outside a Safeway store. A witness told CNN that 15 to 20 gunshots were fired during the shooting spree.

Giffords was shot along with members of her staff, according to Peter Michaels, news director of Arizona Public Media.

The Congresswoman is known for cracking down on illegal immigration, urging deployment of the National Guard and new technology to protect the Arizona border.

Before her election to Congress in 2006, the Arizona native served in the state legislature.

Her husband, Capt. Mark Kelly, is a Navy pilot, a Desert Storm veteran and an astronaut.

She was one of 20 vulnerable Democrats singled out by ex-GOP vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin for defeat in the 2010 elections.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2011/01/08/2011-01-08_us_congresswoman_gabrielle_giffords_shot_in_ari zona_multiple_wounded.html

fettpett
01-08-2011, 03:30 PM
she was on Fox doing an interview yesterday, apparently she wanted to have Congress take a 5% pay cut. She really was a good Politician has done some good stuff.

5 dead, 9 in critical, and 19 total shoot

and She's alive, Hospital is about to have a press conference

and Someone in the crowd shot AT the gunman, got to love that this little tidbit hasn't been brought up before now

fettpett
01-08-2011, 03:36 PM
wow...according to Sen. Lopez that she was shot in the temple and the bullet came out the side. She's alive and in critical condition, but she was responding

Novaheart
01-08-2011, 03:37 PM
What if it was the judge he really wanted?

Bailey
01-08-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm hearing on Fox news that she is responding to commands :)

I hope she pulls through.

Novaheart
01-08-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm hearing on Fox news that she is responding to commands :)

I hope she pulls through.

Sorry, my dark sense of humor kicked in.

Commands: Stay away from the light Carol Ann!

megimoo
01-08-2011, 03:42 PM
she was on Fox doing an interview yesterday, apparently she wanted to have Congress take a 5% pay cut. She really was a good Politician has done some good stuff.

5 dead, 9 in critical, and 19 total shoot

and She's alive, Hospital is about to have a press conference

and Someone in the crowd shot AT the gunman, got to love that this little tidbit hasn't been brought up before nowGoto manage the news don't cha know !

Bubba Dawg
01-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Very tragic news. :(

At least four dead and perhaps more.

Again, very tragic. IMHO We must take great care in discussing possibilities of who and why in the motivation for this event. It certainly sounds like an act of violence perhaps motivated by a political agenda but so much is not known at this time.

No reasonable person of any political stripe would countenance anything remotely similar to such violence in service of any political cause.

This is beyond the pale of any acceptable action in our society.

There is so much we don't know at this point, including whether or not the congresswoman is even alive.

My prayers are with her and her family and our nation.

Bubba Dawg
01-08-2011, 03:46 PM
What if it was the judge he really wanted?

That is possible too.

So much we don't know at this time. I also heard that up to 12 people were shot. What is odd is that the gunman didn't appear to target just one or two people (the congresswoman and the judge) but seemed to desire to do maximum damage to a crowd of people.

If he fired 20 rounds, as one report said, he meant to do maximum damage to as many as possible.

Rockntractor
01-08-2011, 03:49 PM
That is possible too.

So much we don't know at this time. I also heard that up to 12 people were shot. What is odd is that the gunman didn't appear to target just one or two people (the congresswoman and the judge) but seemed to desire to do maximum damage to a crowd of people.

If he fired 20 rounds, as one report said, he meant to do maximum damage to as many as possible.

The Judge may be dead.

Bubba Dawg
01-08-2011, 03:51 PM
The Judge may be dead.

I heard that too. :(

fettpett
01-08-2011, 03:52 PM
The Judge may be dead.

nvm...Fox said he was dead, now they changed their report that he was wounded

Bubba Dawg
01-08-2011, 03:54 PM
nvm...Fox said he was dead, now they changed their report that he was wounded

Rumors fly at a time like this.

fettpett
01-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Rumors fly at a time like this.

yep

They just released the shooters name, 22 yr/old name Jared, idk what his last name was but he's white and Sen Lopez said he was an Afghan War vet

jendf
01-08-2011, 04:05 PM
University Medical Center's Dr. Peter Rhees said one of the dead is a nine-year-old child. :(

PoliCon
01-08-2011, 04:07 PM
gateway pundit just posted:

SHOOTER: JAROD LAUGHNER

megimoo
01-08-2011, 04:07 PM
wow...according to Sen. Lopez that she was shot in the temple and the bullet came out the side. She's alive and in critical condition, but she was respondingIt's incredible just how well emergency room doctors are able to manage even gun shot wounds to the head.

Head wound Trauma that killed people just a few years ago are now managed routinely.As long as the round missed the spinal cord, Medulla oblongata and the frontal lobes there is a chance of survival

Her husband is a Navy fighter pilot,My Prayers go out to that young American couple .

megimoo
01-08-2011, 04:13 PM
gateway pundit just posted:

SHOOTER: JAROD LAUGHNERTake a look
http://www.youtube.com/user/Classitup10

fettpett
01-08-2011, 04:16 PM
It's incredible just how well emergency room doctors are able to manage even gun shot wounds to the head.

Head wound Trauma that killed people just a few years ago are now managed routinely.As long as the round missed the spinal cord, Medulla oblongata and the frontal lobes there is a chance of survival

Her husband is a Navy fighter pilot,My Prayers go out to that young American couple .

yeah, it is amazing. and people talk about how bad our medical care is.

apparently the dude had a Youtube and Myspace page (which was taken down)

jendf
01-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Take a look
http://www.youtube.com/user/Classitup10

Classitup10.

Destroying lives and families. Way to "class it up."

megimoo
01-08-2011, 04:21 PM
yeah, it is amazing. and people talk about how bad our medical care is.

apparently the dude had a Youtube and Myspace page (which was taken down)

It was there just a moment ago....http://www.youtube.com/user/Classitup10

fettpett
01-08-2011, 04:22 PM
wow...that dude is screwed up...something about a "new currency" and illiterate people in the district. I think it will come out that he had something wrong with him, depression, PSTD if he was in Afghanistan, or something else.

fettpett
01-08-2011, 04:22 PM
It was there just a moment ago....http://www.youtube.com/user/Classitup10

I meant just the Myspace page.

fettpett
01-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Judge John Roll is reported dead.

Novaheart
01-08-2011, 04:30 PM
It's incredible just how well emergency room doctors are able to manage even gun shot wounds to the head.

The human body is pretty amazing. Even before medicine came into the space age, there were reports of people falling off a ladder then backing the drill out of their skull and going on to live a normal life, spearing themselves on other stuff and surviving.

megimoo
01-08-2011, 04:34 PM
The human body is pretty amazing. Even before medicine came into the space age, there were reports of people falling off a ladder then backing the drill out of their skull and going on to live a normal life, spearing themselves on other stuff and surviving.There's a rather famous 'x' ray of a guy with three nail gun spikes in his skull who came to the hospital after work complaining of a persistent headache.

fettpett
01-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Communist Manifesto and Mein Kampf were suppose to be his favorite books. so much for being a "Tea Bagger"

Novaheart
01-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Isn't it amazing that You Tube and Myspace can be reached by the government? Is there a magic phone book someplace that has the phone that actually gets answered?

Novaheart
01-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Communist Manifesto and Mein Kampf were suppose to be his favorite books. so much for being a "Tea Bagger"

It was a laundry list of well known books. Can't really read anything into it, lots of profiles claim to have read all sorts of things. Have you ever known anyone who actually read Mein Kampf or the Communist Manifesto?

megimoo
01-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Isn't it amazing that You Tube and Myspace can be reached by the government? Is there a magic phone book someplace that has the phone that actually gets answered?One call from the White House to the IRS director will do magic .

megimoo
01-08-2011, 04:44 PM
It was a laundry list of well known books. Can't really read anything into it, lots of profiles claim to have read all sorts of things. Have you ever known anyone who actually read Mein Kampf or the Communist Manifesto?We had a brief introduction in college political science.

fettpett
01-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Isn't it amazing that You Tube and Myspace can be reached by the government? Is there a magic phone book someplace that has the phone that actually gets answered?

it wasn't the Government that took them down but the Companies, though they may have had a request from LEO to do so.

also as this information gets out their severs get bogged down and can screw up their systems. It's in their best interest to take them down

Sonnabend
01-08-2011, 06:07 PM
ooks: I had favorite books: Animal Farm, Brave New World, The Wizard Of OZ, Aesop Fables, The Odyssey, Alice Adventures Into Wonderland, Fahrenheit 451, Peter Pan, To Kill A Mockingbird, We The Living, Phantom Toll Booth, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Pulp,Through The Looking Glass, The Communist Manifesto, Siddhartha, The Old Man And The Sea, Gulliver's Travels, Mein Kampf, The Republic, and Meno.

What is it with Commies and mass murder?

fettpett
01-08-2011, 06:13 PM
What is it with Commies and mass murder?

They don't care about individualism and think that the Many are greater than the few. They don't respect human life. It's very easy to become mass murders after that mentalitiy

Articulate_Ape
01-08-2011, 06:30 PM
They don't care about individualism and think that the Many are greater than the few. They don't respect human life. It's very easy to become mass murders after that mentalitiy

I think you might have that dynamic a little backwards.

fettpett
01-08-2011, 06:40 PM
I think you might have that dynamic a little backwards.

what do you mean?

They think that the Whole is greater than the few, don't care about individualism in fact hate anyone that succesed on their own. Therefore it's easy to target groups, demonize them and kill them off.

Wei Wu Wei
01-08-2011, 06:42 PM
what do you mean?

They think that the Whole is greater than the few, don't care about individualism in fact hate anyone that succesed on their own. Therefore it's easy to target groups, demonize them and kill them off.

lol you're still doing it wrong

watch those youtube videos this guy is nuts, it reads like schizophrenic or manic writing

NJCardFan
01-08-2011, 06:44 PM
I don't think this guy is anything but nuts. He's not conservative, not liberal, just nuts. Unfortunately the left wing media machine is going to paint him as a Tea Partier even though he's nothing of the kind. He's a nut like the guy who shot up the Holocaust Memorial or the nut who flew his plane into the IRS building. However, judging by his rhetoric, it wouldn't surprise me if he was a patsy. His rhetoric is all over the place.

Apocalypse
01-08-2011, 06:53 PM
This shooter is a full blown nut case

Looks like he wanted to die in this event.

On a My Space that appears to belong to Jared Laughner (Jared Lee Loughner), a note appears saying “Goodbye, friends. Don’t be mad at me”

The most illustrative window is Loughner’s YouTube account, which appears to be hub of anti-government zealotry, obsession over currency and language standards, and, to put it bluntly, outright paranoia.

“In conclusion, reading the second United States Constitution, I can’t trust the current government because of the ratifications: the government is implying mind control and brainwash on the people by controlling grammar,” he writes in one video posting. “No! I won’t pay debt with a currency that’s not backed by gold and silver! No! I won’t trust in God!”

And his youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHoaZaLbqB4

Articulate_Ape
01-08-2011, 06:58 PM
A couple sandwiches short of a picnic that one.

Apocalypse
01-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Now Fox is reporting 6 dead

19 Injured.

Giffords is expected to recover.

Apocalypse
01-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Link
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-tucson-safeway-shooting,0,4466150.story?track=rss

My mistake, its 18 injured, but still 6 dead.

Articulate_Ape
01-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Now Fox is reporting 6 dead

19 Injured.

Giffords is expected to recover.

Wha? :confused:

Articulate_Ape
01-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Yes! It does appear that she still lives! (http://www.kgun9.com/global/story.asp?s=13807722)

NJCardFan
01-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Wha? :confused:

They said the bullet entered her temple and exited her forehead. She should recover almost fully.

Articulate_Ape
01-08-2011, 07:10 PM
They said the bullet entered her temple and exited her forehead. She should recover almost fully.

Yes. That is great news. What the hell weapon was the wacko using? An assault weapon? The number of people injured and killed suggests so. Anyone seen a report on this?

Articulate_Ape
01-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Just found this...

Police say the shooter was in custody, and was identified by people familiar with the investigation as Jared Loughner, 22. Pima County Sheriff's officials said he used a 9 mm pistol to carry out the shooting spree. U.S. officials who provided his name to the AP spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release it publicly.

A 9 mm pistol? All those wounded and killed? Is that possible? Can a gun expert here weigh in on this?

EDIT: Found this from WAPO:

A 22-year old man was taken into custody after being tackled by people in the small crowd after the shooting. One pistol was recovered and it had what police described as "an extended clip."

Still, this was a guy who could hit what he was shooting at. Had to be.

BadCat
01-08-2011, 07:29 PM
The shooter sounds like a DUmmie...

In a MySpace profile, Loughner said “My favorite interest was reading, and I studied grammar. Conscience dreams were a great study in college.”

He lists among his favorite books “Mein Kampf” and “The Communist Manifesto”. But he also includes a broad variety of other titles, including: “Animal Farm,” “Brave New World,”To Kill a Mockingbird,” and “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest”.

In a rambling YouTube message referring to a new currency, Loughner said: “I know who’s listening: Government Officials, and the People. Nearly all the people, who don’t know this accurate information of a new currency, aren’t aware of mind control and brainwash methods. If I have my civil rights, then this message wouldn’t have happen.”

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/politics/spin-cycle-1.812042/tuscon-massacre-assailant-id-d-1.2596122

BadCat
01-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Yup, this guy has libtard written all over him...

http://www.good.is/post/jared-lee-loughner-s-myspace-page-and-youtube-videos/

Articulate_Ape
01-08-2011, 07:37 PM

That last vid said it all, didn't it?

BadCat
01-08-2011, 07:40 PM
That last vid said it all, didn't it?

Yeah, he also has a picture of the pistol he apparently used...a Glock.

http://pre.cloudfront.goodinc.com/posts/full_1294522213jaredloughner.jpg

NJCardFan
01-08-2011, 07:42 PM

Don't know many Tea Partiers who would make a video of someone stomping on the American flag and lighting it on fire as a favorite. Here's what I think, this guy is a libtard who wants to make himself look like a "teabagger". This will come up in the investigation. This is why he's beginning to look like a patsy.

Articulate_Ape
01-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Yeah, he also has a picture of the pistol he apparently used...a Glock.

http://pre.cloudfront.goodinc.com/posts/full_1294522213jaredloughner.jpg

Even with what apparently was an extended clip, he had to be pretty well trained to do that sort of damage so quickly, or did he just get "lucky" in your opinion as someone who clearly knows handguns? I mean you read about shootings where handguns are used and often the 'suspect' fires a bunch of shots and hits virtually no one. What are your thoughts on this, BadCat?

NJCardFan
01-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Even with what apparently was an extended clip, he had to be pretty well trained to do that sort of damage so quickly, or did he just get "lucky" in your opinion as someone who clearly knows handguns? I mean you read about shootings where handguns are used and often the 'suspect' fires a bunch of shots and hits virtually no one. What are your thoughts on this, BadCat?

Fire multiple shots into a crowd, someone is going to get hit.

Apocalypse
01-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Just had on Fox that after some 7 hours, the dead killed at the scene are still there. Waiting to be removed. That they were busy with caring for the wounded, they were forced to leave those killed.

That is just sad...

Articulate_Ape
01-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Fire multiple shots into a crowd, someone is going to get hit.

True enough, but oddly enough in most instances the death toll is pretty low. Not so in this case, based on reports so far. I have shot handguns before and I was not good at it, even though I do well with a rifle. I'm just saying that, either he got "lucky" or he knew how to shoot that Glock. But I will defer to those who know far more than me.

Articulate_Ape
01-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Just had on Fox that after some 7 hours, the dead killed at the scene are still there. Waiting to be removed. That they were busy with caring for the wounded, they were forced to leave those killed.

That is just sad...

No way. Are you serious?

Apocalypse
01-08-2011, 08:17 PM
No way. Are you serious?

I'm not one to joke about sick shit like this.

They have a conference on with the Police Chief now on Fox.

He said they believe there may be a second person of interest, and have a photo of him, but he said they won't release it to the press yet. 6 dead and 19 wounded.

Semi Auto.

He also blamed the Media and "Some Radio" for the violence. Early on.

NJCardFan
01-08-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm telling you, this smells of a set up.

Adam Wood
01-08-2011, 08:23 PM
No way. Are you serious?Saw it just now. Needed to treat wounded first. Preserve forensics, as well. Be very careful in these situations.

Apocalypse
01-08-2011, 08:51 PM

That is just sad...

Now they just had an on site reporter say that some of the bodies still there, will likely be left there all night.

If I was their family member, I would be upset with that.

fettpett
01-08-2011, 09:52 PM
lol you're still doing it wrong

watch those youtube videos this guy is nuts, it reads like schizophrenic or manic writing

I wasn't talking about this little pyscho, I was responding to post about Commies and mass murder L2R dipshit

Rockntractor
01-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Now they just had an on site reporter say that some of the bodies still there, will likely be left there all night.

If they think another shooter was involved they will be studying the placement of the bodies and the angles of the wounds in great detail.

fettpett
01-08-2011, 09:58 PM

I'd be upset too, but at the same time, they can't just move stuff around. They have to preserve the seen and keep as much as possible there so they can figure out what all happened. It's not like the bodies are just sitting out there in the elements with no one around. There will be ME's, LEO's, FBI and Forensics around scouting out the seen taking pictures and figuring out what happened.

even with an extended clip it's hard to imagine that One 9mm did that much damage without some help, probably who the 2nd person is. I wouldn't be surprised if this other person either set him up or did some shooting themselves

Calypso Jones
01-08-2011, 10:01 PM
there was a brief report that someone shot AT the shooter during the mele. That rather disappeared when reports came out that an accomplice is being held and questioned and then there was a question of a third person. I guess we'll see or it will all disappear entirely.

fettpett
01-08-2011, 10:07 PM
there was a brief report that someone shot AT the shooter during the mele. That rather disappeared when reports came out that an accomplice is being held and questioned and then there was a question of a third person. I guess we'll see or it will all disappear entirely.

yeah, i heard that too...Jared dude was tackled by a bystander as he was trying to get out of there.

This is starting to smell of a setup and elaborate plan...though that could be the conspiracy theorist in me sniffing up the wrong tree

NJCardFan
01-08-2011, 10:15 PM
It all doesn't matter. This guy's favorite books are Mein Kempf and The Communist Manifesto and his favorite Youtube video is of a guy stomping on and burning the American flag. He's still going to be painted as a right wing loon when everything this guy writes and reads screams anarchist.

NJCardFan
01-08-2011, 10:16 PM
yeah, i heard that too...Jared dude was tackled by a bystander as he was trying to get out of there.

This is starting to smell of a setup and elaborate plan...though that could be the conspiracy theorist in me sniffing up the wrong tree

I don't think you're wrong. This whole thing smells of a setup and this Jared nut is the patsy. I'm thinking anarchists here.

fettpett
01-08-2011, 10:28 PM
I don't think you're wrong. This whole thing smells of a setup and this Jared nut is the patsy. I'm thinking anarchists here.

something tells me that he's not much of a Pasty as a dedicated individual to w/e the fuck his cause was...hard to tell from his you tube videos.

I really hope we're wrong, cuz if not then there is some very sick people out there and there could be some more of this type of thing to come.

Odysseus
01-08-2011, 11:06 PM

Not really. In fact, I'd say that he barely knew what he was doing as a shooter. Take the FT Hood shooting last year: MAJ Nidal Hasan barely knew which end of a weapon to point away from him, but he was the only one in a crowded room with a weapon, which means that he had time to line up his targets, which he was shooting at close range, and he had a lot of ammunition. I'm betting that it's the same in this case. If you get a large crowd, are in close and have a high-capacity magazine, you will hit people unless you're completely spastic. I don't mean to sound callous, but if someone knows how to shoot, has been trained and has practiced, they'd inflict more lethal wounds. The ratio of wounded to dead tells me that he wasn't that good a shot.

I hope that the representative pulls through, as well as the other wounded. This is a truly horrible incident.

Articulate_Ape
01-09-2011, 12:09 AM
Not really. In fact, I'd say that he barely knew what he was doing as a shooter. Take the FT Hood shooting last year: MAJ Nidal Hasan barely knew which end of a weapon to point away from him, but he was the only one in a crowded room with a weapon, which means that he had time to line up his targets, which he was shooting at close range, and he had a lot of ammunition. I'm betting that it's the same in this case. If you get a large crowd, are in close and have a high-capacity magazine, you will hit people unless you're completely spastic. I don't mean to sound callous, but if someone knows how to shoot, has been trained and has practiced, they'd inflict more lethal wounds. The ratio of wounded to dead tells me that he wasn't that good a shot.

I hope that the representative pulls through, as well as the other wounded. This is a truly horrible incident.

I reckon that makes sense, especially the range argument. I just know that there are many instances where even at close range the (hangun) shooter misses a lot. Again, I have to defer to more experienced shooters.

SarasotaRepub
01-09-2011, 12:25 AM
I think people just need to let this play out and regroup in the morning.

Let the experts do their jobs and report.

NJCardFan
01-09-2011, 12:58 AM
I think people just need to let this play out and regroup in the morning.

Let the experts do their jobs and report.

That's not how the left works. The sheriff is already blaming talk radio on this which is pretty fucking irresponsible if you ask me. This compromises the case IMO and the Pima Co. Sheriff's Dept. should recuse themselves from the investigation because the sheriff already has a prejudicial supposition on the matter.

SarasotaRepub
01-09-2011, 01:15 AM
That's not how the left works. The sheriff is already blaming talk radio on this which is pretty fucking irresponsible if you ask me. This compromises the case IMO and the Pima Co. Sheriff's Dept. should recuse themselves from the investigation because the sheriff already has a prejudicial supposition on the matter.

It's easy for the Kook Left to make that assertion. The important thing to realize is this crime has no place in this great country of ours. Period.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
01-09-2011, 07:33 AM
Most likely, the guy is a nutbag with no real discernible motive. Look at Lee Harvey Oswald. From all accounts, he was a psychopath who felt he lived a double life. He killed Kennedy for no real reason; there was no political aim or motive, just a fruitcake. I would imagine this guy Jared has serious mental issues which finally snapped.

Painting this guy as either left or right wing is pretty partisan, from both sides, and cheapens what happened here. Besides, I consider myself a Liberal and I've never read Mein Kampf and when I tried to read the Communist Manifesto (Had to read it in High School--Russian revolution course) I found it boring as fuck.

PoliCon
01-09-2011, 07:40 AM
News this morning said that he TRIED to get into the military but was rejected. They also said that is favorite books that he had listed were the COMMUNIST Manifesto and Mein Kampf. They also said that he was not working alone.

malloc
01-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Just found this...

A 9 mm pistol? All those wounded and killed? Is that possible? Can a gun expert here weigh in on this?

EDIT: Found this from WAPO:

Still, this was a guy who could hit what he was shooting at. Had to be.

Yeah, I can weigh in on this. (Sorry if I sound terse, or unsympathetic, I'm just looking at the numbers and reported "facts". I live in Arizona and still don't know details.)

Either this guy was very familiar with running his weapons system or the crowd was packed very densely.

If the latest reports are true, the shooter used only a 9mm Luger chambered handgun, and got 25 hits, 6 dead and 19 wounded. Given the statistic that 80% of victims survive from a handgun wound due to their relatively low velocity, that would usually mean that the dead victims would need to be struck at least twice from a handgun to have statistically above average mortality rates. That leads me to believe that the shooter, given initial reports, fired at least 30 rounds in very rapid succession, or used full metal jacket ammunition and fired into a very dense crowd.

Considering that I only know of a couple of handguns capable of this type of damage that leads to a few conclusions.

1.) The shooter somehow made a very fast magazine exchange. In order to shoot at least 30 rounds in the time frame outlined by reports, most weapons would require that more than one magazine be used. The largest capacity, civilian legal firearms hold 17 to 18 rounds of ammunition. That means in order for the reports to confirmed, one round must have struck multiple victims on several occasions, a magazine exchange must have been performed, or the shooter was using a non-standard weapon or ammunition source.

2.) It is possible that the shooter was using either a Glock 17 with a Glock 18 magazine, or a Glock 18 itself (or similar). A Glock 17 is a civilian legal pistol which fires one 9mmx19mm cartridge per trigger pull and has a magazine capacity of 17 rounds, plus one in the chamber if present. The Glock 18 is almost identical to the 17, only it is a fully automatic machine pistol, meaning it will fire until it's ammunition source is depleted if the trigger is held to the rear. This version is not legal for civilian ownership, and you can't buy it in any gun store. The full-auto version features a 33 round magazine. However, the 33 round magazine can be fitted into the semi-automatic, civilian legal Glock 17, allowing one round per trigger pull for 33 plus one in the chamber rounds.

3.) It is possible that the shooter used solid, jacketed 9mm round nose "target" ammunition without any fancy magazine extender or 33 round Glock magazine. If the crowd fired into was dense enough, it's more than possible that rounds of this sort could have penetrated a second victim upon exiting the primary victim. Full metal jacket ammunition is designed to retain it's weight and to not mushroom or pancake upon impact, unlike a hollow point or similar round. This design allows it to retain both mass and velocity, and to create a narrower would channel. The narrower wound channel means a more survivable victim requiring medical care in a time of war, which is, presumably, the reason the military uses FMJ or "ball" ammunition. FMJ is the most common form of ammunition for most calibers, and is the most common form of commercially available 9x19mm ammunition.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say this nutjob, after closing on his target, made a good shot on that target, and then sprayed into the crowd with a conventional 9mm using ball ammunition. The crowd was dense, thus one round penetrated multiple victims.

I still can't believe that in a state where 1 in 80 people have a concealed carry permit, and almost one of every two vehicles stopped by police for any reason contains at least 1 firearm, that no-one in any sized gathering would be able to return fire. You can't stop the bad guy from springing the trap and pouncing, unless you are pre-cognitive. You'll never see it coming, and without super powers you won't be able to react to the initial onslaught. However, after the 10th or 12th round, some Iron should have been clearing leather. Why was no one in this crowd carrying for defense? Doesn't a Representative of the People's House have a security detail?

malloc
01-09-2011, 08:02 AM
It's easy for the Kook Left to make that assertion. The important thing to realize is this crime has no place in this great country of ours. Period.

Just like the left wing nutjob who flew his plane into the IRS building, the MSM will be screaming "Tea Party, Tea Party, Tea Party", right up until this kook's left wing history is common knowledge. Then we'll never hear another word about him.

However, hopefully, the criminal justice system will serve justice and not politics in this case.

linda22003
01-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Painting this guy as either left or right wing is pretty partisan, from both sides, and cheapens what happened here. Besides, I consider myself a Liberal and I've never read Mein Kampf and when I tried to read the Communist Manifesto (Had to read it in High School--Russian revolution course) I found it boring as fuck.

I've read them both, and they both make your eyes roll back in your head.

NJCardFan
01-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Are we all paying attention here? The only side claiming any political allegiance of this nut is the left. Right away they started pointing fingers at the Tea Party. Even before the first real news reports started coming in. I have yet to hear any conservative talking head say anything either way.

linda22003
01-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Are we all paying attention here? The only side claiming any political allegiance of this nut is the left. Right away they started pointing fingers at the Tea Party. Even before the first real news reports started coming in. I have yet to hear any conservative talking head say anything either way.

I've missed this. Who on the left is claiming this guy?

NJCardFan
01-09-2011, 11:01 AM
I've missed this. Who on the left is claiming this guy?

They're not claiming him as one of their own. They're painting him as a right wing Tea Party nut job.

CueSi
01-09-2011, 01:18 PM
It was a laundry list of well known books. Can't really read anything into it, lots of profiles claim to have read all sorts of things. Have you ever known anyone who actually read Mein Kampf or the Communist Manifesto?

I read Mein Kampf in 8th grade just to say I did it. :p

~QC

Rockntractor
01-09-2011, 01:20 PM

~QC

I couldn't finish it but I did read The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich.

NJCardFan
01-09-2011, 01:23 PM

~QC
Well, looking at his favorite reading list, I don't see much that would be on a conservative must read list. Mein Kempf is the closest that some would be considered ultra right wing must reads but that's fringe loon stuff. No, this guy is an anarchist.

AmPat
01-09-2011, 02:30 PM
A Nutjob??? I knew banning Satanicus was risky. Anybody kinow where he was that day?

I tried reading Mein Kampf,,,three times. Best use for that book is in the outhouse.

fettpett
01-09-2011, 08:53 PM
wasn't he from somewhere out west?

namvet
01-10-2011, 09:59 AM
guess who's jumping for joy???

Qpkxoql4xz0

linda22003
01-10-2011, 10:54 AM

Of course. One of the hazards of being a history major.

NJCardFan
01-10-2011, 11:18 AM

This is bullshit and you know it. If this guy had a copy of Treason by Ann Coulter or Beck's Arguing With Idiots, you'd be all over this like a fat kid on a cupcake.

Apocalypse
01-10-2011, 11:49 AM
S&L has some good articles about the shooter, and the media handling of all of this.

First up;

Suspect Fixated on Giffords

By JOHN R. EMSHWILLER, DEVLIN BARRETT and CHARLES FORELLE
January 10, 2011

TUCSON, Ariz.—Accused gunman Jared Lee Loughner appeared to have been long obsessed with U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.

A safe at Mr. Loughner’s home contained a form letter from Ms. Giffords’ office thanking him for attending a 2007 "Congress on your Corner” event in Tucson. The safe also held an envelope with handwritten notes, including the name of Ms. Giffords, as well as "I planned ahead," "My assassination," and what appeared to be Mr. Loughner’s signature, according to an FBI affidavit…

Mr. Loughner had complained to a friend about how he was treated by the Arizona lawmaker during an event several years ago, which aggravated Mr. Loughner, according to the friend…

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703667904576071191163461466.html?m od=rss_US_News

Where’s The Outrage At Dem ‘Targeting’?

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/1152545075_d8Btn-O.gif

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/1152540927_GGFcZ-O.jpg

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/1152540910_LCEvj-O.jpg

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/wheres-the-outrage-at-dem-targeting

PoliCon
01-10-2011, 10:42 PM
S&L has some good articles about the shooter, and the media handling of all of this.

First up;

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703667904576071191163461466.html?m od=rss_US_News

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/wheres-the-outrage-at-dem-targeting

Right. His obsession with the congresswoman predates Sarah Palin as a national figure. :rolleyes:

namvet
01-11-2011, 02:16 PM
AZ residents will lock arms to keep out WBC

Arizona residents are locking arms to stop the Westboro Baptist Church from disrupting the funerals for victims of Saturday's shooting in Tucson, with bikers and others organizing a massive counter-protest and state lawmakers fast-tracking a bill to hamstring the group.

The Kansas-based Westboro church is notorious for showing up at the funerals of dead soldiers and other high-profile gatherings wielding anti-gay signs.

story (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/11/arizonans-rally-prevent-westboro-church-disruption-shooting-victims-funerals/#)

noonwitch
01-13-2011, 08:50 AM

~QC

I know people who had to read Mein Kampf for college history classes. My government teacher in high school encouraged us to read The Communist Manifesto-not from a believer's perspective, but from a critical perspective. I didn't read it, I had enough books to read that semester in my AP english class.

fettpett
01-13-2011, 11:29 AM
I know people who had to read Mein Kampf for college history classes. My government teacher in high school encouraged us to read The Communist Manifesto-not from a believer's perspective, but from a critical perspective. I didn't read it, I had enough books to read that semester in my AP english class.

yes, but reading said books and listing them as your FAVORITE books are COMPLETELY different animals. This kid was a nut job plain and simple

Novaheart
01-13-2011, 12:55 PM

My mom was telling me yesterday that my grandmother had read Mein Kampf and that it had enjoyed some popularity as a topic of discussion when my mom was a child.

Novaheart
01-13-2011, 12:59 PM
yes, but reading said books and listing them as your FAVORITE books are COMPLETELY different animals. This kid was a nut job plain and simple

He was indeed a nutcase. I still question whether he actually read it, and why would he list "Communist Manifesto" without also having read "Das Kapital"? His profile had a laundry list of books, in no particular order as far as I could see. If someone told you his two favorite books were Mein Kampf and To Kill A Mockingbird (to pick two from the list for emphasis) what could you discern from that? I suppose there is an economic and political synthesis to the two books if you want there to be, both books are about a personal and institutional injustice from the perspective of the author- but I don't see the congruity of philosophy.

Odysseus
01-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Wait a minute! This guy was influenced by Mein Kampf and he believed that the government was controlling us through grammar? Don't you realize what this means?

He was a grammar nazi!!! :eek:

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l139u44dhC1qzueujo1_400.jpg

Even looks a little like him, doesn't it?

fettpett
01-13-2011, 03:27 PM
He was indeed a nutcase. I still question whether he actually read it, and why would he list "Communist Manifesto" without also having read "Das Kapital"? His profile had a laundry list of books, in no particular order as far as I could see. If someone told you his two favorite books were Mein Kampf and To Kill A Mockingbird (to pick two from the list for emphasis) what could you discern from that? I suppose there is an economic and political synthesis to the two books if you want there to be, both books are about a personal and institutional injustice from the perspective of the author- but I don't see the congruity of philosophy.

and thats an excuse? that he had To Kill a Mockingbird too? get your head out of your ass....look through 100 random peoples profiles on facebook/myspace and you wont find those two books on anyones lists.

Calypso Jones
01-14-2011, 06:20 PM
The ugliness is far from over.
\

http://rightwingnews.com/2011/01/tucson-shooting-survivor-claims-palin-beck-and-angle-got-their-first-target/

took democracy now long enough.

Rockntractor
01-14-2011, 06:22 PM
and thats an excuse? that he had To Kill a Mockingbird too? get your head out of your ass....look through 100 random peoples profiles on facebook/myspace and you wont find those two books on anyones lists.
Also having read them is one thing, calling them favorites is another.

Calypso Jones
01-14-2011, 07:10 PM
bet he never read the book. He watched the movie. Probably in class in high school...with the teacher telling him what to make of it.

fettpett
01-14-2011, 08:09 PM
bet he never read the book. He watched the movie. Probably in class in high school...with the teacher telling him what to make of it.

I wouldn't doubt it. As much as I love Gregory Peck and how much of a wonderful job he did in that movie, it still pales in comparison to the book. Harper Lee may have been pretty liberal but does a great job showing what life was like at the time period and how quickly things can get taken out of hand....

um....blame on the TEA Party and Palin for the shootings ring any bells?

Calypso Jones
01-21-2011, 04:59 PM
have you noticed that the one thing we have not seen AD NAUSEUM are reports on the path the bullet took thru her head and the end results of those kinds of wounds. mighty suspicious to me.

Sorry. but i doubt the remarks of her husband especially in light of the fact that no one else but him has seen these movements. and right now i have my doubts about her recovery based on what is not being said. Yes, i know the doctors are on Fox right now but i'm noticing what they are not saying as well as the little that they are.

why haven't we been bored to tears with the path of the bullet thru her brain?

fettpett
01-21-2011, 05:53 PM
have you noticed that the one thing we have not seen AD NAUSEUM are reports on the path the bullet took thru her head and the end results of those kinds of wounds. mighty suspicious to me.

Sorry. but i doubt the remarks of her husband especially in light of the fact that no one else but him has seen these movements. and right now i have my doubts about her recovery based on what is not being said. Yes, i know the doctors are on Fox right now but i'm noticing what they are not saying as well as the little that they are.

um...probably has more to do with the fact the Hospital hasn't released that information

Articulate_Ape
01-21-2011, 06:57 PM

Did you mean for that to sound as weird as it does?

Calypso Jones
01-21-2011, 09:22 PM
I'm weird for bring up a fact in the matter??

Rockntractor
01-21-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm weird for bring up a fact in the matter??

Sometimes your presentation of the facts, has a few holes in it.:confused:

Calypso Jones
01-21-2011, 09:53 PM
where are the holes here?

Rockntractor
01-21-2011, 09:55 PM
where are the holes here?

Calypso!!!:D

Calypso Jones
01-21-2011, 09:57 PM
and i'm not presenting any facts other than the FACT that we aren't getting any facts. I asked. Have you noticed this? well. have you? Don't you find it a bit odd seeing as how we are used to being exposed to EVERY aspect of other 24/7 events?

Is this a strategy to hold her position so that she is not replaced till she has recovered IF she is going to recover?? Recent election win.....that would put a republican in the spot if Brewer gets to replace her for an entire term. no?

Rockntractor
01-21-2011, 09:58 PM
Odd yes, odd indeed.

Rockntractor
01-21-2011, 09:59 PM
and i'm not presenting any facts other than the FACT that we aren't getting any facts. I asked. Have you noticed this? well. have you? Don't you find it a bit odd seeing as how we are used to being exposed to EVERY aspect of other 24/7 events?

Is this a strategy to hold her position so that she is not replaced till she has recovered IF she is going to recover?? Recent election win.....that would put a republican in the spot if Brewer gets to replace her for an entire term. no?

I think you are hopping down the wrong bunny trail here!:)

Calypso Jones
01-21-2011, 10:02 PM
maybe. But i'm a woman and this is what women do....we like to figure out how the other side is finagling. If i'm wrong. fine. If i'm not. Then you must prostrate yourself before me. That be prostrate.;)

Rockntractor
01-21-2011, 10:03 PM
maybe. But i'm a woman and this is what women do....we like to figure out how the other side is finagling. If i'm wrong. fine. If i'm not. Then you must prostrate yourself before me. That be prostrate.;)

Okay I will!:o