PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks beat the crap out of New Orleans

MountainMan
01-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Who dat? SEA DAT! (http://www.komonews.com/news/local/113143929.html)

SEATTLE (AP) - Matt Hasselbeck threw four touchdown passes and Marshawn Lynch scored on an electrifying 67-yard touchdown run in the final minutes to lead the Seattle Seahawks to an improbable 41-36 victory over the defending Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints in the opening round of the playoffs.

Bubba Dawg
01-08-2011, 08:27 PM
That was a mighty fine game. I was surprised but pleased with the outcome.

And totally didn't see it coming.

patriot45
01-08-2011, 08:30 PM
That was a beat down!!! A 7-9 team kicking the defending super bowl champs butt! Just wow!

MountainMan
01-08-2011, 08:31 PM
That was a mighty fine game. I was surprised but pleased with the outcome.

And totally didn't see it coming.

Nobody did and that was the beauty of it all. That final run by Lynch was down right inspirational and should be on every sports channel known to man.

Bubba Dawg
01-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Nobody did and that was the beauty of it all. That final run by Lynch was down right inspirational and should be on every sports channel known to man.

I couldn't believe that run. He kept going and going, shoved a guy away, kept going going.

I kept waiting for him to fall or be stopped but he kept going and going.

Amazing.

MountainMan
01-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Now the Packers need to beat the Flithydelphia Eagles so that we can play in Chicago. That way the Packers can go to Atlanta, beat the Falcons while we beat the Bears in Chicago (which we did once already) and that way the NFC CHampionship game will be in Seattle against the Packers. :D

MountainMan
01-08-2011, 09:25 PM
And here is the reason we won: Fans get extra 4oz. of beer at Seahawks game (http://www.komonews.com/news/local/113132669.html)

:D:D

NJCardFan
01-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Now the Packers need to beat the Flithydelphia Eagles so that we can play in Chicago. That way the Packers can go to Atlanta, beat the Falcons while we beat the Bears in Chicago (which we did once already) and that way the NFC CHampionship game will be in Seattle against the Packers. :D
You guys are going through what we went through 2 years ago. We were supposed to be the worst playoff team in history yet we were mere seconds from winning the Super Bowl. Speaking of which, my dream Super Bowl this year would be Seattle vs. KC.

Bailey
01-08-2011, 10:15 PM

Don't worry the fudgepackers are going down tomorrow, then on to Chi town baby!!!

Bailey
01-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Wonder how much money the bookies lost on this game :D

MountainMan
01-08-2011, 10:19 PM
Don't worry the fudgepackers are going down tomorrow, then on to Chi town baby!!!

No way...The Packers are going to beat filthydelphia.

MountainMan
01-08-2011, 10:19 PM

Do you think anyone would ever find out?

fettpett
01-08-2011, 11:03 PM
The Iggles are going to have their asses handed to them tomorrow. 31-17 Green Bay.

what i'm pissed about is that Ted Thompson could have traded for Lynch and the Packers could be in a much better situation right now.

NJCardFan
01-08-2011, 11:49 PM

Actually, the bookies would have made out because the line went up from 10 to 11 points meaning money was being put on New Orleans.

PoliCon
01-09-2011, 07:57 AM

:rolleyes:

PoliCon
01-09-2011, 08:14 AM

So . . . you guys wanna lose a Super bowl to the Steelers . . . . ;):p

lacarnut
01-09-2011, 09:44 AM
From a who dat fan...you'll outplayed us and deserved the win. If you play Chicago I will pulling for your team. The Saints defense and play calling was just not the same as last year. When you complete 3 passes in a row and do not make 10 yards that is piss poor play calling. That last TD run by Seattle was highlight material.

NJCardFan
01-09-2011, 11:04 AM
From a who dat fan...you'll outplayed us and deserved the win. If you play Chicago I will pulling for your team. The Saints defense and play calling was just not the same as last year. When you complete 3 passes in a row and do not make 10 yards that is piss poor play calling. That last TD run by Seattle was highlight material.

Yeah. Looked like the Saints went to the Arizona Cardinals School of Tackling.

fettpett
01-09-2011, 01:49 PM

I think it would be much more interesting/historical to have a Packers-Bears NFC Championship game. In all their history they two teams have never meet in the playoffs, and for it to be for a chance to make it to the Super Bowl would be EPIC!

MountainMan
01-09-2011, 03:18 PM

Only if we get to pay off the refs this time.

Bailey
01-09-2011, 03:34 PM
I think it would be much more interesting/historical to have a Packers-Bears NFC Championship game. In all their history they two teams have never meet in the playoffs, and for it to be for a chance to make it to the Super Bowl would be EPIC!

Hate to break it to you but the fudgepackers are going down!!!

Bubba Dawg
01-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Go Falcons!!!

I enjoyed seeing New Orleans win it all last year. We were in Panama City and I went a little crazing yelling Who Dat!!!! off the balcony when the game winning interception was made.

It was very satisfying to see a team that had struggled for so long win it all.

Watching the fans in Seattle go nuts over the big plays was fun yesterday. But, if it had been the Falcons getting beaten by an underdog then that wouldn't have been fun worth a damn.

And, we may wind up playing these guys again in a week or so. They were impressive against the Saints for dang sure.

MountainMan
01-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Hate to break it to you but the fudgepackers are going down!!!

You are right. After they beat Flithydelphia today, they are going down to Atlanta. :D

MountainMan
01-09-2011, 03:51 PM
NFC Championship to be held in Seattle with the Packers visiting. :D

MountainMan
01-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Yeah. Looked like the Saints went to the Arizona Cardinals School of Tackling.

Breaking down Marshawn Lynch's big run (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/31164/breaking-down-marshawn-lynchs-big-run)

Read this. There were a total of 8 missed tackles on that play alone. What makes it even worse is that was just suppose to get us close to the first down and almost everyone on Seattle's side was in one-on-one blocking mode.

Bubba Dawg
01-09-2011, 04:13 PM
Falcons.

Lightning won't strike twice for the Seahawks.

MountainMan
01-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Falcons.

Lightning won't strike twice for the Seahawks.

How can the Falcons win with the Packers beating them next week? :p

Bubba Dawg
01-09-2011, 04:21 PM
How can the Falcons win with the Packers beating them next week? :p

:p

The Packards are scary. Or they can be. Depends on which Packers team shows up.

MountainMan
01-09-2011, 08:09 PM
:p

The Packards are scary. Or they can be. Depends on which Packers team shows up.

Hopefully the same Packers team that beat up Flithydelphia tonight shows up and beats the hell out of your Falcons. :D

Bubba Dawg
01-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Hopefully the same Packers team that beat up Flithydelphia tonight shows up and beats the hell out of your Falcons. :D

Same team the Falcons beat a week ago. :p

fettpett
01-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Same team the Falcons beat a week ago. :p

6 weeks ago, and the Packers Special Teams lost it, and they have been playing better since getting embarrassed by the Pats O-Linemen on National TV.

lacarnut
01-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Seattle beat the Bears this season but I don't believe they can do it again. It is going to be a rout in cold, cold Chicago. .

Bubba Dawg
01-09-2011, 09:39 PM
6 weeks ago, and the Packers Special Teams lost it, and they have been playing better since getting embarrassed by the Pats O-Linemen on National TV.

Falcons beat the Seahawks two weeks ago. My bad. And they beat the Packers in November.

fettpett
01-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Falcons beat the Seahawks two weeks ago. My bad. And they beat the Packers in November.

gotcha, thought you were talking about the Packers :D

Bubba Dawg
01-09-2011, 10:01 PM
gotcha, thought you were talking about the Packers :D

I wasn't clear.

Anyway, the Falcons will play Seattle in two weeks after they beat Green Bay next week.

Then they will beat the Jets in the Superbowl.

PoliCon
01-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Poor poor poor NOLA :cool:

Bubba Dawg
01-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Poor poor poor NOLA :cool:

It's a shame Pittsburg* won't be at the Big Dance. :(

NJCardFan
01-09-2011, 10:30 PM
I wasn't clear.

Anyway, the Falcons will play Seattle in two weeks after they beat Green Bay next week.

Then they will beat the Jets in the Superbowl.

Jets aren't getting past the Patriots.

Bubba Dawg
01-09-2011, 10:37 PM

You Gotta Believe.....wait....was that the Mets and not the Jets......:confused:

lacarnut
01-09-2011, 11:11 PM

I pick the Pats to win it all.

lacarnut
01-09-2011, 11:14 PM

The did not even get an invite. Let's see what kind of trouble Ben will get his dumb ass in between now and next season.

PoliCon
01-09-2011, 11:32 PM

Please. :rolleyes: The ravens have never won against Ben and we have home field. I have a feeling it's going to be a Steelers Packers Superbowl.

PoliCon
01-09-2011, 11:33 PM
The did not even get an invite. Let's see what kind of trouble Ben will get his dumb ass in between now and next season.

WTF are you talking about? We finished first in our division - Only the patriots have a better record than we do this season - we got the Buy week and we're playing the ravens next Saturday.
http://www.nfl.com/schedules?seasonType=POST

CueSi
01-09-2011, 11:34 PM
Please. :rolleyes: The ravens have never won against Ben and we have home field. I have a feeling it's going to be a Steelers Packers Superbowl.

As long as New England isn't there, it could be Satan v. Manchester United for all I care.

(yes, I know these teams are not eligible for the SB. But that's is how much I dislike the Patriots and the cheating Croat bastard that is their coach)

~QC

PoliCon
01-09-2011, 11:36 PM
As long as New England isn't there, it could be Satan v. Manchester United for all I care.

(yes, I know these teams are not eligible for the SB. But that's is how much I dislike the Patriots and the cheating Croat bastard that is their coach)

~QC

We play the patriots after the ravens.

lacarnut
01-10-2011, 12:06 AM
WTF are you talking about? We finished first in our division - Only the patriots have a better record than we do this season - we got the Buy week and we're playing the ravens next Saturday.
http://www.nfl.com/schedules?seasonType=POST

If they sneak by the Ravens, the Pats will destroy them. It's a BYE week not a buy week. Numbers would be mortified.

PoliCon
01-10-2011, 06:34 AM
If they sneak by the Ravens, the Pats will destroy them. It's a BYE week not a buy week. Numbers would be mortified.

Numbers doesn't like football. :p

As far as sneaking past the ravens - They've never won against Big Ben - all the way back to his rookie season. It won't be sneaking. It won't be easy - but we won't be sneaking. And you're assuming that the Pats will sneak past the Jets. :p

fettpett
01-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Numbers doesn't like football. :p

As far as sneaking past the ravens - They've never won against Big Ben - all the way back to his rookie season. It won't be sneaking. It won't be easy - but we won't be sneaking. And you're assuming that the Pats will sneak past the Jets. :p

Ravens-Packers Super Bowl, with the Packers Winning it.

Da steelers, pats and jets are going DOWN!!

PoliCon
01-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Ravens-Packers Super Bowl, with the Packers Winning it.

Da steelers, pats and jets are going DOWN!!
You definitely want to face the ravens with their record. :p But they're gonna get put to bed next weekend.

fettpett
01-10-2011, 02:39 PM
You definitely want to face the ravens with their record. :p But they're gonna get put to bed next weekend.

Actually, i really don't care who the Packers face. We beat the Jets, should have beat the Pats, Steelers and Ravens don't scare me.

Rebel Yell
01-10-2011, 02:44 PM
I guess everybody's forgetting that the NFC goes through Atlanta? The Falcons have already beat the Packers once this year, and now they have nearly two full weeks off while the Packers are going on 6 days rest.

Marshawn Lynch just broke another tackle.

PoliCon
01-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Actually, i really don't care who the Packers face. We beat the Jets, should have beat the Pats, Steelers and Ravens don't scare me.

People always say that - and yet the steelers keep making it to the superbowl - even as a wildcard - and then once we're there - we win. :cool: We've won more than any other team. Imagine that ;)

PoliCon
01-10-2011, 10:16 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/losing.jpg

Bubba Dawg
01-10-2011, 10:18 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/losing.jpg

You didn't say anything, only more than usual this time....

PoliCon
01-10-2011, 10:21 PM
You didn't say anything, only more than usual this time....

I always really miss Lars at playoff time . . . . :(
http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=10262&highlight=steelers

Bubba Dawg
01-10-2011, 10:22 PM
http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=10262&highlight=steelers

Me too. :(

Bubba Dawg
01-10-2011, 10:23 PM
I also miss Darkscribe.

lacarnut
01-10-2011, 10:24 PM

I miss JHC also.

fettpett
01-10-2011, 10:49 PM
People always say that - and yet the steelers keep making it to the superbowl - even as a wildcard - and then once we're there - we win. :cool: We've won more than any other team. Imagine that ;)

all I've got to say is 12 NFL Championships

PoliCon
01-10-2011, 10:50 PM
all I've got to say is 12 NFL Championships

and? :rolleyes:

fettpett
01-10-2011, 11:02 PM
and? :rolleyes:

how many do the Rusty buckets have? :p :D

PoliCon
01-10-2011, 11:03 PM
how many do the Rusty buckets have? :p :D

who cares? :rolleyes: What good is winning second place?

NJCardFan
01-11-2011, 01:39 AM
I guess everybody's forgetting that the NFC goes through Atlanta? The Falcons have already beat the Packers once this year, and now they have nearly two full weeks off while the Packers are going on 6 days rest.

Marshawn Lynch just broke another tackle.

2008. The Carolina Panthers were undefeated at home and were hosting the Arizona Cardinals in the divisional round of the playoffs. The Cards, on the other hand, couldn't beat a Pop Warner team in the east coast going a combined 0-5 and losing by an average of 41-20. This game was a no brainer. Would be a romp. Well, it was a romp because the Cards smoked the Panthers on their home turf. Moral is don't count your chickens.

Jumpy
01-11-2011, 08:37 AM
My bf got a little misty-eyed at the Saints loss. I am a Saints fan, but I picked Seattle to win.. just as a fluke.

So far, I picked all of the first four games right. Now I just need Seattle, New England, Atlanta and Pittsburgh to come out on top, and I am on my way to winning!!!

I picked New England to win the Superbowl. Crossing my fingers.

Rebel Yell
01-11-2011, 09:12 AM
2008. The Carolina Panthers were undefeated at home and were hosting the Arizona Cardinals in the divisional round of the playoffs. The Cards, on the other hand, couldn't beat a Pop Warner team in the east coast going a combined 0-5 and losing by an average of 41-20. This game was a no brainer. Would be a romp. Well, it was a romp because the Cards smoked the Panthers on their home turf. Moral is don't count your chickens.

Oh, I can see the Packers beating Atlanta. Wouldn't be surprised in the least, but don't discount the Falcons either. We don't do anything flashy, just win.

PoliCon
01-11-2011, 11:33 AM
I picked New England to win the Superbowl. Crossing my fingers.HEATHEN! :p

Bubba Dawg
01-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Oh, I can see the Packers beating Atlanta. Wouldn't be surprised in the least, but don't discount the Falcons either. We don't do anything flashy, just win.

I can see the Packers beating the Falcons too. I'm rooting for the Falcons but we only beat Green Bay by a last seconds field goal the last time we played.

Bubba Dawg
01-11-2011, 11:48 AM
My bf got a little misty-eyed at the Saints loss. I am a Saints fan, but I picked Seattle to win.. just as a fluke.

So far, I picked all of the first four games right. Now I just need Seattle, New England, Atlanta and Pittsburgh to come out on top, and I am on my way to winning!!!

I picked New England to win the Superbowl. Crossing my fingers.

You did right Jumpy. No matter what, always root for the teams you bet on. It's the right thing to do. :)

fettpett
01-11-2011, 11:49 AM
I can see the Packers beating the Falcons too. I'm rooting for the Falcons but we only beat Green Bay by a last seconds field goal the last time we played.

which probably wouldn't have happened if the Packers Special Teams had played better, or the offense hadn't left so much time on the clock.

Packers win 24-21 Saturday night

Rebel Yell
01-11-2011, 11:50 AM

This time, we're coming off two weeks rest. They're coming off of 6 days.

fettpett
01-11-2011, 12:00 PM

which hasn't helped a lot in the last few years. Packers have been playing playoff level football since the last Lions game

PoliCon
01-11-2011, 12:06 PM
which hasn't helped a lot in the last few years. Packers have been playing playoff level football since the last Lions game

which could mean that they're already worn out . . .

fettpett
01-11-2011, 12:07 PM
which could mean that they're already worn out . . .

or rearing to go for a Super Bowl push

PoliCon
01-11-2011, 12:07 PM

They can push . . . doesn't mean they'll get there. :p

Bubba Dawg
01-11-2011, 12:12 PM

rearing...?

Rebel Yell
01-11-2011, 12:13 PM
They can push . . . doesn't mean they'll get there. :p

Going into the playoffs, I was pulling for the Falcons, of course. I also want anyone but the Saints, Eagles, and Chiefs to make it. I'm already happy.

Bubba Dawg
01-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Going into the playoffs, I was pulling for the Falcons, of course. I also want anyone but the Saints, Eagles, and Chiefs to make it. I'm already happy.

I wouldn't mind the Chiefs doing well. But I'm down with the Falcons all the way.

fettpett
01-11-2011, 12:16 PM
rearing...?

yes...as in being excited and ready to go :P

NJCardFan
01-11-2011, 12:38 PM

I repeat:

The Panthers were coming off 2 weeks rest as well. So did the Giants and they both lost.

Molon Labe
01-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Here's how loud Qwest field gets.

The Seahawks registered on the richter scale when Marshawn Lynch scored his TD. LOL

http://sportifi.com/news/Seahawks-Fans-Cause-Earthquake-Literally-448506.html

Bubba Dawg
01-11-2011, 01:57 PM
yes...as in being excited and ready to go :P

Yeah. I can see that. I prefer the more traditional Rarin' to go..:p:D

jawilljr
01-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Here's how loud Qwest field gets.

The Seahawks registered on the richter scale when Marshawn Lynch scored his TD. LOL

http://sportifi.com/news/Seahawks-Fans-Cause-Earthquake-Literally-448506.html

Heres the seismograph of the event. (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2013897125_seismictimelineofmarshawnlynchstouchdow nrun.html)

Jerry

Molon Labe
01-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Heres the seismograph of the event. (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2013897125_seismictimelineofmarshawnlynchstouchdow nrun.html)

Jerry

THAT'S RIDICULOUS!! :p

Bubba Dawg
01-11-2011, 02:15 PM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2011/01/10/2013897135.jpg

Wow. I believe it.....:eek:

rjas77
01-13-2011, 09:29 PM
Seattle beat the Bears this season but I don't believe they can do it again. It is going to be a rout in cold, cold Chicago. .

It's been cold...cold..cold here in Seattle lately

lacarnut
01-14-2011, 12:24 AM
It's been cold...cold..cold here in Seattle lately

I hope the game is played in a blizzard.