PDA

View Full Version : Politicizing A Tragedy: Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik Blames Talk Radio

NJCardFan
01-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Listening to Pima Co. Sheriff Dupnik is choosing this tragedy to politicize and enforce his agenda. In a press conference yesterday, he decided to forgo an investigation and assign blame. He used this as a platform to accuse talk radio for motivating this nutjob into doing what he did. This is both disgusting and irresponsible. He is a law enforcement officer who's sworn duty iis to investigate crimes without prejudice. But instead, as all leftists are apt to do, he decides to politicize this by coming to his conclusion without 1 second of an investigation being carried out. This man should recuse his office from the investigation and then he should step down as sheriff. Does this sound like an unbiased law enforcement official:

DUPNIK: Let me just say one thing, because people tend to poo-poo this business about all the vitriol that we hear inflaming the American public by people who make a living off of doing that. That may be free speech. But itís not without consequences.
REPORTER: How do you know that thatís what caused it.
DUPNIK: You donít?
So, to this idiot, he has decided to make himself judge and jury without an investigation. I mean he's already decided who's at fault here. Without talking with the subject or looking into his background or looking at one piece of evidence. He's already cast his verdict. And the left wing hate machine begins to roll.

Nubs
01-09-2011, 02:30 PM
I was watching the Sunday morning talk shows and found many explainations centered around condemnation of the "words" and not condemnation of the actions.

NJCardFan
01-09-2011, 03:15 PM
I was watching the Sunday morning talk shows and found many explainations centered around condemnation of the "words" and not condemnation of the actions.

Par for the course. It's always someone else's fault. Had conservative talk radio been around in 1966, it would have been blamed for the actions of Charles Whitman.

MrsSmith
01-09-2011, 03:27 PM
As was just mentioned on the cave by another poster, if this targeting of speakers by the left causes violence against Palin or any other conservative (or their families) this would then obviously be the fault of people like this sheriff, and Olberman, and the DUmp, and all the other screaming leftists. No one on the right condones violence, but the left supports and forgives suicide bombers, abortionists, those that murder recruiters, environmental bombers, and all other types of "silence the right" violence.

Wei Wu Wei
01-09-2011, 06:27 PM
This shooter was obviously crazy. No amount of reason would have reached him.

Still, this is the sort of rhetoric that people are talking about: http://takebackthe19.com/

That's a collection of stuff said by Palin, much of it has been deleted after this tragedy.

Now, someone with this sort of mental instability can recieve messages by decoding the coughing patterns of ESPN tv personalities, so it's a bit disingenuous to claim that any particular message caused him to do this, it's just that in light of this shooting, it's made people more aware of the violent metaphors being used in contemporary discourse.

Rockntractor
01-09-2011, 06:35 PM
T
That's a collection of stuff, SAID BY PALIN much of it has been deleted after this tragedy.

Said about Palin.

Lager
01-09-2011, 07:09 PM

Still, this is the sort of rhetoric that people are talking about: http://takebackthe19.com/

That's a collection of stuff said by Palin, much of it has been deleted after this tragedy.

Now, someone with this sort of mental instability can recieve messages by decoding the coughing patterns of ESPN tv personalities, so it's a bit disingenuous to claim that any particular message caused him to do this, it's just that in light of this shooting, it's made people more aware of the violent metaphors being used in contemporary discourse.

The stuff said about Bush, conservatives, tea party members etc. is quite bad as well. You don't focus on that because you share those views. Michael Moore once said that the 9 11 hijackers should have flown planes into buildings in a more conservative part of the country. Before Palin even arrived on the scene, left wingers were hoping Cheney would suffer horribly because of his heart issues.

Here's the thing. You libs aren't bothered so much by the content that comes out of the right wing sphere of influence in radio etc. You're bothered because of the size of the influence. I'm damn sure the left would love to have the same audience, and spout the same kind of rhetoric with the same effect as all the voices you are condemning. And they have tried it, it just didn't resonate with enough people.

Why does this particular act of violence make people think of violent metaphors in contemporary discourse? Why have none of the other recents shootings? Is it really hard to figure out?

NJCardFan
01-09-2011, 08:08 PM

You're credibility is in the toilet, shitbag. In another thread you were the very first to blame conservatives for this so you should shut that gaping chasm under your nose. And now that it's looking more and more like this kid is a leftist nutcase, you're backpedaling at breakneck speed. You're a wanker and will always be a wanker.

Wei Wu Wei
01-09-2011, 09:27 PM
you didn't get it

NJCardFan
01-09-2011, 09:43 PM
you didn't get it

those darn demoCRAPS!
:rolleyes:

patriot45
01-09-2011, 10:02 PM
you didn't get it

Is this you?

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/2009_0213_rb_wowOwow_jeaneane_garof.jpg

fettpett
01-09-2011, 10:03 PM
you didn't get it

whats there to get? that all of a sudden it's PC not to use imagery and language that has been used for many many MANY years because some people were shoot? (I'm not taking away from the tradgety but showing your stupidity).

This is a very rare occurance and no body thought it was worth taking about before this. Fuck off with your PC bullshit.

Where was your outrage at all the bullshit "Lets Assisinate President Bush" jokes and serious comments that came out of your Leftist buddies for 8 years. Hell a fucking movie was made about it.

MrsSmith
01-09-2011, 10:07 PM

If this is true at all, then the current reaction of the left is a deliberate attempt to get one or more of their whackos to attack Palin, Limbaugh, or any other outspoken conservative.

SaintLouieWoman
01-09-2011, 10:24 PM
That sheriff is wrong about many things. Fox News interviewed the woman who allegedly tackled the shooter and got his clip, according to the sheriff. The woman clearly said "the sheriff is wrong". She went on to explain what really happened. Sounds like he just shoots off his mouth and says whatever comes into his head.

Calypso Jones
01-09-2011, 10:28 PM
wouldn't it really be suspicious if this shooter wound up dead before trial?

NJCardFan
01-09-2011, 11:02 PM
That sheriff is wrong about many things. Fox News interviewed the woman who allegedly tackled the shooter and got his clip, according to the sheriff. The woman clearly said "the sheriff is wrong". She went on to explain what really happened. Sounds like he just shoots off his mouth and says whatever comes into his head.
And Palin or any other talking head can use this against the sheriff if he decides to knock on their door. What he did was compromise the investigation by letting his politics get in the way. He's already stated in public who he thinks is responsible and that alone disqualifies his department from taking part in the investigation.

fettpett
01-09-2011, 11:06 PM
the FBI took over the investigation, fortunately

Bubba Dawg
01-09-2011, 11:43 PM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/2009_0213_rb_wowOwow_jeaneane_garof.jpg

I'd hit that so hard California would issue a Tsunami Warning.:cool:

patriot45
01-09-2011, 11:46 PM

Hopefully with a 40 oz louisville slugger!:D

NJCardFan
01-09-2011, 11:50 PM

Eww

Bubba Dawg
01-09-2011, 11:50 PM
Hopefully with a 40 oz louisville slugger!:D

Naw man. Ja Neen is my love bunny. Once you've have a Flaky Nerdy Liberal Chick With Tats you'll never go back. :cool:

It's the love that dares not speak its name. :(

Novaheart
01-10-2011, 12:42 AM

If I am not mistaken, the sheriff of Pima was the one who said that AZ 1070 would lead to racism and was unenforceable without violating civil rights. If I am correct, then he was an asshole before this happened.

CueSi
01-10-2011, 01:32 AM

If she was in the bed next to me after a bad night.... I'd go STRAIGHT. I have done flaky nerdy liberal chick with tats, it is not something I'd do again.

~QC

m00
01-10-2011, 02:04 AM
If she was in the bed next to me after a bad night.... I'd go STRAIGHT. I have done flaky nerdy liberal chick with tats, it is not something I'd do again.

~QC

Why not?

Bailey
01-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Naw man. Ja Neen is my love bunny. Once you've have a Flaky Nerdy Liberal Chick With Tats you'll never go back. :cool:

It's the love that dares not speak its name. :(

As long as she's clean(in all ways)I'd hit it.

CueSi
01-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Why not?

She rubbed me the wrong way. I can be in relationships with liberals, but not this particular chicks' brand, which was the self-righteous kind with that nutty troofer finish. No thank you, ma'am.

~QC

Odysseus
01-10-2011, 12:19 PM
See, there's that awful violent rhetoric again. Now, if the sherriff goes on a rampage, it's our fault. I'm going to say that he's talking out of his, and see if he turns gay, instead. :D

the FBI took over the investigation, fortunately

Oh, good. Eric Holder will get to the bottom of this. :rolleyes:

Apache
01-10-2011, 01:58 PM
If I am not mistaken, the sheriff of Pima was the one who said that AZ 1070 would lead to racism and was unenforceable without violating civil rights. If I am correct, then he was an asshole before this happened.

Clarence Dupnik( pronounced dupe-nick, no joke) IS a far left ass, always has been.

fettpett
01-10-2011, 03:48 PM
See, there's that awful violent rhetoric again. Now, if the sherriff goes on a rampage, it's our fault. I'm going to say that he's talking out of his, and see if he turns gay, instead. :D

Oh, good. Eric Holder will get to the bottom of this. :rolleyes:

bah, he can go fuck himself, along with that idiot Sheriff,

Lager
01-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Anyone who quickly politicized this incident before any evidence was even gathered should feel very sorry and ashamed for themselves. But this ass, who is a law enforcement official in a high position, should be fired for his comments. I can't remember a recent time when I've seen such irresponsible behavior. I can understand the media being such stooges, as it's become expected from them, but not from an individual whose charge is to engage in an objective enforcement of the law.

Apache
01-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Anyone who quickly politicized this incident before any evidence was even gathered should feel very sorry and ashamed for themselves. But this ass, who is a law enforcement official in a high position, should be fired for his comments...

Never happen. Tucson is a college town....:rolleyes:

Odysseus
01-10-2011, 07:21 PM
She rubbed me the wrong way....

~QC

Must... not... make... obvious... joke... :eek:

NJCardFan
01-11-2011, 01:20 AM
Never happen. Tucson is a college town....:rolleyes:

That it is. And as deep blue as any city can get.

Odysseus
01-11-2011, 06:27 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CfxSWwq8cVo/TSoZh3rxonI/AAAAAAAACeg/GHxRjIKVJ58/s640/Vulture%2BCulture.jpg (http://hopenchangecartoons.blogspot.com/)