PDA

View Full Version : The left is deliberately targeting people for revenge violence

MrsSmith
01-09-2011, 03:35 PM
As has been mentioned on other sites (giving credit where due, I didn't think of this myself)...the finger-pointing, blaming and screaming from the left is obviously their deliberate attempt to push some leftist into retaliating against Palin (or her family), Limbaugh, anyone at FoxNews or any other outspoken conservative. What better time to try to silence the people and ideas they hate than right after some whacko freaks out? Just as they support suicide bombers, environmental bombers, and those that murder military personnel, they will excuse and support anyone that takes their words to heart now. They are not just accusing, they are inciting violence with far more venom than you will ever see from the right! :mad::mad::mad:

MountainMan
01-09-2011, 04:12 PM
I would love to see it. Can you post links to what you are referencing?

Novaheart
01-09-2011, 06:02 PM
As has been mentioned on other sites (giving credit where due, I didn't think of this myself)...the finger-pointing, blaming and screaming from the left is obviously their deliberate attempt to push some leftist into retaliating against Palin (or her family), Limbaugh, anyone at FoxNews or any other outspoken conservative.

So when preachers rant and rave about gay people, are they inspiring criminal action on the part of the obedient or violence perpetrated by those on the edge of Christian (or Muslim) faithfulness?

Sonnabend
01-09-2011, 06:11 PM
So when preachers rant and rave about gay people, are they inspiring criminal action on the part of the obedient or violence perpetrated by those on the edge (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/artists/u2) of Christian (or Muslim) faithfulness?

I am not aware of any Christians that fly planes into skyscrapers, explode bombs in shopping centres or plan to commit mass murder over a bunch of CARTOONS.

I am aware, however, of a massive number of atrocities that started with the screamed words "Allahu Akbar"

Idiot.

NJCardFan
01-09-2011, 08:19 PM
So when preachers rant and rave about gay people, are they inspiring criminal action on the part of the obedient or violence perpetrated by those on the edge of Christian (or Muslim) faithfulness?

As usual, with you, it's all about teh gays. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rockntractor
01-09-2011, 08:41 PM
As usual, with you, it's all about teh gays. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

With some people their entire life and all they do is defined by their sexuality, what will they have when they get old?

MrsSmith
01-09-2011, 08:48 PM

Pima Co. Sheriff Dupnik

DUPNIK: Let me just say one thing, because people tend to poo-poo this business about all the vitriol that we hear inflaming the American public by people who make a living off of doing that. That may be free speech. But itís not without consequences.

Lifelong Protester Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Jan-09-11 06:44 PM
Original message
Sarah, Bloody Sarah.

My vision for future political activism would be a group that shows up to Palin events, sporting Palin Halloween masks, with theatrical "bloody hands". No dialogue from them, just the bloody hands. Maybe each one could wear the name of one of Saturday's victims.

I think this needs to follow Palin forever.

walldude Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Jan-08-11 04:14 PM
Original message
Sarah Palin... You told your "followers" to RELOAD

Edited on Sat Jan-08-11 04:38 PM by walldude
then you put up a map with names, places and CROSSHAIRS, over the people you wanted out of office. Then you laughed and joked about it. Not so fucking funny now is it you psycho bitch. You and Todd can take your sympathy and shove it up your ass. How fucking dare you even fucking show yourself after this.

If it turns out to be a Tea Bagger who did this(and I'm sure it will) then I want fucking INVESTIGATIONS and fucking CHARGES brought up. Depraved Indifference Homicide. You tell someone to reload, then make a list of your "enemies", complete with locations and CROSSHAIRS, then you are inciting someone to commit murder.

Horse with no Name Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Jan-08-11 04:16 PM
Response to Original message
2. Words have consequences

Palin, Rush, Beck and ALL of the hatemongers need to be brought up on charges.

Hugabear (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sun Jan-09-11 04:39 PM
Original message
Palin, Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity, etc - terrorist enablers

These hatemongers are just as much terrorists as someone strapping a bomb to his chest or parking a car loaded with explosives in a crowded market. No, they might not actually be pulling the trigger themselves, or pushing the detonators, but they have been deliberately choosing their words to whip their followers into an anti-government frenzy. It's really no different than a terrorist leader, who never actually carries out any terrorist attacks himself, but rather working his followers up and then turning them loose. This isn't just mere disagreement that we're seeing. People like Palin and Beck are going around telling their followers that the government is the enemy. When you have such fervent anti-government sentiment being fostered, combined with an almost cult-like attachment to firearms and weapons, is it really any surprise when we see stuff like this.

Olberman

If Sarah Palin, whose website put and today scrubbed bullseye targets on 20 Representatives including Gabby Giffords, does not repudiate her own part in amplifying violence and violent imagery in politics...

If Jesse Kelly, whose campaign against Congresswoman Giffords included an event in which he encouraged his supporters to join him firing machine guns, does not repudiate this, and does not admit that even if it was solely indirectly, or solely coincidentally, it contributed to the black cloud of violence...

If Congressman Allen West, who during his successful campaign told his supporters that they should make his opponent afraid to come out of his home, does not repudiate those remarks and all other suggestions of violence and forced fear,...

If Sharron Angle, who spoke of "Second Amendment solutions," does not repudiate that remark and urge her supporters to think anew of the terrible reality of what her words implied...

If the Tea Party leaders who took out of context a Jefferson quote about blood and tyranny and the tree of liberty do not understand - do not understand tonight, now what that really means, and these leaders do not tell their followers to abhor violence and all threat of violence...

If Glenn Beck, who obsesses nearly as strangely as Mr. Loughner did about gold and debt and who wistfully joked about killing Michael Moore, and Bill O'Reilly, who blithely repeated "Tiller the Killer" until the phrase was burned into the minds of his viewers, do not begin their next broadcasts with solemn apologies for ever turning to the death-fantasies and the dreams of bloodlust, for ever having provided just the oxygen to those deep in madness to whom violence is an acceptable solution...

Over and over and over, leftists call out conservatives by name and blame them for the actions of a whacko. Conservatives know full well that free speech is not violence. The left equates speech with violence repeatedly. If the link between speech and violence is so clear, why are the leftists naming names, placing blame? Because they truly believe that they can CAUSE someone to take the actions they want taken.

Think it through, Novaheart. If the ranting and raving of the right is to blame for this, then what all blame does the left carry? The left recently spent 8 years wishing death to Bush, hating Condi Rice, hating military recruiters and soldiers. Feminists make their hatred of males extremely obvious. Those running the Democratic Plantation constantly harp on racial inequalities to maintain their voting base, how many gang battles and race on race incidents belong to the left?

You can't have it both ways. If conservative speech causes violence, liberal speech does.

jendf
01-09-2011, 09:07 PM
I think some libs would be happy to let Loughner go if it meant they could prosecute Palin for these supposed phantom crimes. The hate is strong out there.

NJCardFan
01-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Let's say for a minute that this kid is a raging conservative. He listens to Country music. He has the Gadsden flag in his room. His favorite books are by Ann Coulter, Michael Savage, and Jonah Goldberg. Let's say all of that is true. Does this make him representative of an entire movement? I think someone posted this question that the left is willing to take this one incident and paint the entire Tea Party movement as a bunch of violent hate mongers, however, they refuse to paint Islam with the same broad brush. According to their logic, 1 right win nut=all right wingers are nuts. But 1,000 Islamic terrorists ≠ indicative of modern Islam.

Bubba Dawg
01-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Let's say for a minute that this kid is a raging conservative. He listens to Country music. He has the Gadsden flag in his room. His favorite books are by Ann Coulter, Michael Savage, and Jonah Goldberg. Let's say all of that is true. Does this make him representative of an entire movement? I think someone posted this question that the left is willing to take this one incident and paint the entire Tea Party movement as a bunch of violent hate mongers, however, they refuse to paint Islam with the same broad brush. According to their logic, 1 right win nut=all right wingers are nuts. But 1,000 Islamic terrorists ≠ indicative of modern Islam.

Bingo.

Novaheart
01-09-2011, 10:46 PM
I am not aware of any Christians that fly planes into skyscrapers, explode bombs in shopping centres or plan to commit mass murder over a bunch of CARTOONS.

I am aware, however, of a massive number of atrocities that started with the screamed words "Allahu Akbar"

Idiot.

Amazingly, it seems like you're saying that anything short of the worst terrorist attack in the history of the US isn't important to the discussion. Except that the discussion wasn't big acts of domestic terrorism, it was nut cases and ideologically motivated extremists and the men who inspire them.

Which do you think has happened more? Gay people killed by people in whom a prejudice, fear, or hate has been fostered by a fucking religious artifact or Congressmen killed by political extremists?

Novaheart
01-09-2011, 10:50 PM

No, it's all about consistency. We have been repeatedly told that the hate speech of anti-gay activists and the promotion of hate and discrimination (as well as demonization and lies about gay people) promoted by the religious right is simply opinion, a matter a free speech. I happen to think that is true, except when the person is speaking as a public official charged to treat everyone fairly. But the right wing thinks even they are off the hook. So which is it? Can you promote violence through hate mongering or can't you?

Novaheart
01-09-2011, 10:53 PM
With some people their entire life and all they do is defined by their sexuality, what will they have when they get old?

You make idiotic remarks like this and then accuse me of shitting in the thread when I don't let them pass. Are you stuck in a mental age of 14?

Rockntractor
01-09-2011, 11:00 PM
You make idiotic remarks like this and then accuse me of shitting in the thread when I don't let them pass. Are you stuck in a mental age of 14?

It is true and that is why it bothers you, you can't stay away from the gay card for any length of time.
If you want to start another gayness thread go ahead but that is enough here!

Novaheart
01-09-2011, 11:02 PM
Pi

You can't have it both ways. If conservative speech causes violence, liberal speech does.

I think you misunderstood my post, but you came to the same conclusion. My point was that the right wing extremists have consistently denied that there is a connection between the things they say about gay people, the efforts they make to demonize gay people, the efforts they make to deprive gay people of equal rights, opportunities, etc... under law and policy and the violence in the culture against gay people.

noonwitch
01-10-2011, 11:14 AM
The Sheriff was speaking in a moment of anger at a senseless act that affected two people he knew-the congresswoman and the federal judge. He got a little wild with his accusations in the emotion of the moment. That can be forgiven.

I don't blame stupid comments made by stupid politicians for the violent acts of a schizophrenic. That doesn't mean I'm going to vote for someone who makes those stupid comments, though.

Novaheart
01-10-2011, 11:22 AM
The Sheriff was speaking in a moment of anger at a senseless act that affected two people he knew-the congresswoman and the federal judge. He got a little wild with his accusations in the emotion of the moment. That can be forgiven.

I don't blame stupid comments made by stupid politicians for the violent acts of a schizophrenic. That doesn't mean I'm going to vote for someone who makes those stupid comments, though.

and, he's an ass

http://www.fox11az.com/news/local/Sheriff-Dupnik-92428474.html

Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik says he's received death threats, but he still won't enforce Senate Bill 1070, unless he's forced to. Dupnik calls the law signed by governor Jan brewer last week a 'national embarrassment.'

"I think the law, as I have said, is unwise, it's stupid, and it's racist," says Dupnik.

Surrounded by members of his border crimes unit, Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik wasn't shy about expressing his feelings on Senate Bill 1070, "The state law is unnecessary."

He says that because the Pima County Sheriff's department already has the authority to arrest illegal immigrants. He says they've arrested more illegal immigrants -- and turned them over to the border patrol -- than any other law enforcement agency in the state.

"What they've done in the process by giving us this new law is put us in a damned if we do, damned if we don't situation when it comes to civil suits," says Dupnik.