PDA

View Full Version : Wonder when left wingers are going to ask their favorite store TARGET to change their

Bill inGA
01-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Wonder when left wingers are going to ask their favorite store TARGET to change their logo?

Novaheart
01-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Wonder when left wingers are going to ask their favorite store TARGET to change their logo?

I prefer many things about Target over Walmart.
I prefer the lighting.
I prefer the spacing of the aisles.
I prefer the staff.
I prefer to the noise level.
I prefer the location.
I prefer the clientele.
I prefer the cashier lines and staff allocation.

The problem is, they have neither the range of merchandise nor the selection that Walmart has. So in essence it's like a restaurant that is nicer in every way except the food.

noonwitch
01-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Target has my brand of pantyhose, and they sell the kind of food my dog eats, so there are always a few things I get there. The Archer Farms Parmesean garlic potato chips are awesome, too. Their clothes are cut too small in the shoulders for me, and that doesn't change no matter how much weight I lose.

I don't like Walmart, don't like their clothes, don't like their overall setup. I used to go there to buy cds, but they have cut back on their selection. It's my store of last resort after I've looked for something everywhere else.

Meijer is my favorite of those kind of stores. I don't really buy clothing there, but when I do pick up a shirt or something, it fits well. They're unionized, and a Michigan company. The Meijer family are good people who give a lot to charities around the state.

Novaheart
01-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Target has my brand of pantyhose, and they sell the kind of food my dog eats, so there are always a few things I get there. The Archer Farms Parmesean garlic potato chips are awesome, too. Their clothes are cut too small in the shoulders for me, and that doesn't change no matter how much weight I lose.

I don't like Walmart, don't like their clothes, don't like their overall setup. I used to go there to buy cds, but they have cut back on their selection. It's my store of last resort after I've looked for something everywhere else.

Meijer is my favorite of those kind of stores. I don't really buy clothing there, but when I do pick up a shirt or something, it fits well. They're unionized, and a Michigan company. The Meijer family are good people who give a lot to charities around the state.

It sounds like a good choice.

My greatest fear about Walmart is their seeming ability to not simply dominate the market, but to completely be the market given that Walmart is not only a retailer, but at this point it's a retailer, distributor, an ersatz wholesaler*, importer, and de facto manufacturer. At one time people defended Walmart saying that if the public chose another store, then the public would determine Walmart's success. We're somewhat getting to the point where the other choices are drying up. I don't know how Kmart stays open. Steinmart doesn't cut it. Target has a loyal following, but only because they already exist, I don't think anyone short of Exxon or Verizon is big enough to build a challenger for Walmart.

* Part of the reason the crap at the corner store is so expensive, is because the store owners no longer buy from true wholesalers, they buy at Sam's Club.

noonwitch
01-11-2011, 11:02 AM
It sounds like a good choice.

My greatest fear about Walmart is their seeming ability to not simply dominate the market, but to completely be the market given that Walmart is not only a retailer, but at this point it's a retailer, distributor, an ersatz wholesaler*, importer, and de facto manufacturer. At one time people defended Walmart saying that if the public chose another store, then the public would determine Walmart's success. We're somewhat getting to the point where the other choices are drying up. I don't know how Kmart stays open. Steinmart doesn't cut it. Target has a loyal following, but only because they already exist, I don't think anyone short of Exxon or Verizon is big enough to build a challenger for Walmart.

* Part of the reason the crap at the corner store is so expensive, is because the store owners no longer buy from true wholesalers, they buy at Sam's Club.

I worked for Kmart in the 80s. It was a great job at the time-the company was doing well and expanding their stores because they were slowly closing the affiliated Kresge 5 and dime stores. It was minimum wage, college student work, but it was a fun place to work. I think that Martha Stewart's line of merchandise has kept them going, and the Sesame Street line keeps people coming in to buy children's clothing.

NJCardFan
01-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Actually, didn't these loons call for a boycott of Target this year?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nAuJj7twMI&feature=player_embedded

Boycott Target (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20011983-503544.html)