PDA

View Full Version : Auburn vs Oregon BCS Championship

Bubba Dawg
01-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Game on.

Bubba Dawg
01-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Okay. Nothing but an exchange of punts so far.

Go Auburn.

jawilljr
01-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Cam Newton sucks... Oregon all the way...

Jerry

Bubba Dawg
01-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Well they are up by 3. Only 3 points in the whole first quarter.

Auburn starting to roll.

Bubba Dawg
01-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Okay, now they are both starting to roll.

It's starting to look like the offensive shoot out they were predicting.

Bubba Dawg
01-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Cam Newton sucks... Oregon all the way...

Jerry

Jerry? :confused:

Bubba Dawg
01-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Cheap shot by the Auburn special teams player. Knee to the head. He should have been ejected.

Bubba Dawg
01-10-2011, 10:12 PM
At the half Auburn 16 Oregon 11

16 - 11 is a weird score.

jawilljr
01-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Jerry? :confused:

Somebody had to say it:D

Right now the SEC is 4-5 in the bowl games... I would love to see them go 4-6:D

Jerry

Bubba Dawg
01-10-2011, 10:33 PM

Jerry

10 Sec teams went to bowl games.

That's pretty good.

Bubba Dawg
01-10-2011, 11:36 PM
19 to 11 in the fourth quarter.

Okay, so it hasn't been high scoring.

More defense than I figured.

jawilljr
01-10-2011, 11:37 PM
10 Sec teams went to bowl games.

That's pretty good.

I agree...

I am seeing a lot of calls NOT being called against Auburn... one was a face mask(Farley)... another pass interference.... just like Seattle against the Stealers... pay off then refs.

Still look at the size difference between the two teams , and of this writing auburn is only up by 8.

Jerry

fettpett
01-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Both Teams are 4th quarter teams. I'm not surprised that they are scoring this little

Bubba Dawg
01-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Oregon is very talented. Except for one game I have only seen highlights of them this year. They are fun to watch.

I watch SEC games a lot because of where I live. We do have some very large guys playing football down here.

The speed on defense really amazes me. To see these big guys move so fast is awesome. Scary really.

Zathras
01-10-2011, 11:59 PM
Well, 19-19 with 2:33 to go in the 4th. One hell of a game.

Bubba Dawg
01-10-2011, 11:59 PM
Tied at 19 with two minutes to go.

This is all you could ask for in a big game.

Bubba Dawg
01-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Well, 19-19 with 2:33 to go in the 4th. One hell of a game.

You got that right.

Bubba Dawg
01-11-2011, 12:04 AM
Big Instant Replay.

Bubba Dawg
01-11-2011, 12:04 AM
:eek:

Not down. Wow.

He didn't look down. But wow.

Bubba Dawg
01-11-2011, 12:17 AM
Final instant replay. They got it right. He was down at the 1 foot line.

Field goal Auburn. Wow.

At the beginning of the season i would not have figured Auburn would even win the SEC, much less be playing for the National Championship.

Well done.

lacarnut
01-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Auburn wins 22-19.... Quack Quack. Newton did not show me that much as a potential QB in the pros. Look what happened to Vick the last couple of games. A pro running QB is going to take some big blows. Newton took some shots; looked like he was in some pain.

Congrats to Auburn. Way to go SEC.

NJCardFan
01-11-2011, 01:21 AM
I heard something on the radio today and that in all the years the National Championship was decided when it was just the AP poll, the only Pac-10 team to win the national title was USC. That is astounding.

ralph wiggum
01-11-2011, 09:44 AM
What I would love to hear today is that Mark Cuban or someone of his ilk is setting up a "Put up or shut up" REAL national title game for next Monday night. Auburn vs. TCU.

The BCS is a complete fraud. As much as I enjoyed attending the Rose Bowl, the entire system is fraudulent.

Rebel Yell
01-11-2011, 09:52 AM
This will be the best season for Auburn that never happened. Just like the Reggie Bush years.

ralph wiggum
01-11-2011, 09:58 AM
This will be the best season for Auburn that never happened. Just like the Reggie Bush years.

Chizik and Newton are both slimeballs. I fully expect Newton to be giving back that Heisman within 3 years. Same with Gene and all his "Coach of the Year" trophies, not to mention the BCS title.

Rebel Yell
01-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Chizik and Newton are both slimeballs. I fully expect Newton to be giving back that Heisman within 3 years. Same with Gene and all his "Coach of the Year" trophies, not to mention the BCS title.

He's a good kid. He just got kicked out at FLORIDA!!! Do you know how hard that is? He got caught cheating on several exams and stole a computer, but he's a good kid.

Constitutionally Speaking
01-11-2011, 10:38 AM
What I would love to hear today is that Mark Cuban or someone of his ilk is setting up a "Put up or shut up" REAL national title game for next Monday night. Auburn vs. TCU.

The BCS is a complete fraud. As much as I enjoyed attending the Rose Bowl, the entire system is fraudulent.

Playoffs are the ONLY way to go. Period.

Bubba Dawg
01-11-2011, 11:20 AM

I agree completely. And wouldn't that be cool to watch? I'd love it.

It would also make a lot more bowl games actually mean something if they were a part of the playoff system. Course, then we'd be bitching about who did and didn't make the playoffs and how one team was seeded over another. it would be glorious.

Bring on the Playoffs.

fettpett
01-11-2011, 11:47 AM

I agree...but the BCS is a bunch of fucktards that have their heads up their asses.

Every other level of College sports has a playoff system, whats so special about Division 1 Football that they can't have one?

Bubba Dawg
01-11-2011, 11:56 AM
I agree...but the BCS is a bunch of fucktards that have their heads up their asses.

Every other level of College sports has a playoff system, whats so special about Division 1 Football that they can't have one?

Money. That's my guess anyway.

Thing is, I think a playoff system could be just as good for the schools and the networks and bowls, at least money wise.

But somehow I think money is at the root of all this....

The love of Money is the root of all....football?

ralph wiggum
01-11-2011, 11:56 AM

It would ruin the integrity of the bowl system. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Like that organization has any integrity to begin with.

fettpett
01-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Money. That's my guess anyway.

Thing is, I think a playoff system could be just as good for the schools and the networks and bowls, at least money wise.

But somehow I think money is at the root of all this....

The love of Money is the root of all....football?

but they would make more money with a playoff system...they are morons

Bubba Dawg
01-11-2011, 12:13 PM
but they would make more money with a playoff system...they are morons

I think so too.

lacarnut
01-11-2011, 01:29 PM

I would love to see that. A playoff round between the #1,2,3 & 4 ranked teams would be great. No one will ever be satisfied though. Number 5 and 6 will be bitching cause they were not included. One extra playoff game for the National Championship would improve the sport.

Bubba Dawg
01-11-2011, 01:33 PM
I would love to see that. A playoff round between the #1,2,3 & 4 ranked teams would be great. No one will ever be satisfied though. Number 5 and 6 will be bitching cause they were not included. One extra playoff game for the National Championship would improve the sport.

And there is plenty of time left for it between the end of the season and the bowl games. What was it, a five week layoff for Oregon and Auburn. Time enough for the offense to get rusty for both teams.

fettpett
01-11-2011, 06:29 PM

screw that, the Top 10-16 teams could be taken in.

lacarnut
01-11-2011, 06:49 PM
screw that, the Top 10-16 teams could be taken in.

You mean including teams like Michigan and Michigan State that got the shit kicked out of them. One extra game would be enough. You can not have every broke dick team playing for the National title.

fettpett
01-11-2011, 07:08 PM
You mean including teams like Michigan and Michigan State that got the shit kicked out of them. One extra game would be enough. You can not have every broke dick team playing for the National title.

if you're in the top 15, you're not a "broke dick" team.

Michigan wasn't in the top 20 at all, MSU was a decent team that played bad. Plus you would get teams that rarely play each other to do so. wouldn't be hard to set it so odd ranked teams played each other and even ones played.

AmPat
01-13-2011, 02:20 PM

JerryAlas Jerry and all you SEC haters.

Seven of the last ten, 9 over the last 15, and the last 5 BCS championships go to the SEC. Hurts huh?;):D

lacarnut
01-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Alas Jerry and all you SEC haters.

Seven of the last ten, 9 over the last 15, and the last 5 BCS championships go to the SEC. Hurts huh?;):D

Very true. Even the Ohio State coach who has 1 win and 12 losses in bowl games playing mostly SEC teams stated after his win over AR that beating a SEC team is a real accomplishment.

A Fox sportswriter predicted that 9 of the top 20 first round draft choices will come from the SEC. The Heisman trophy winner, Newton, did not make the list.