PDA

View Full Version : Pamella Cash-Roper lifelong Republican or female Jeb Eddy?

bijou
08-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Pamella Cash-Roper unemployed nurse and lifelong Republican is speaking at the DNC tonight. It appears that she is as staunch a Republican as Jeb_Eddy (http://www.conservapedia.com/Jeb_Eddy).

... And here is an excerpt from the East Carolinian:

Before Obama took the stage, a Pittsboro, NC resident, Pamella Cash-Roper stood up to talk about the financial struggles her family has recently endured. She told the audience that between her husband's medical bills and rising costs elsewhere, "we simply could not keep up."

"I am a lifelong Republican who believes in the creed that if you work hard, you can make ends meet," Cash-Roper said. "[But] we found ourselves buried in medical expenses to the point where we almost filed bankruptcy."

Cash-Roper praised Obama for his work in helping middle-class Americans.

"Senator Obama has been fighting for working people for more than two decades," she said. "Today we need a change. We need an end to the Bush economy."

After Cash-Roper sat down, Obama took the mic, amid raucous applause and cheering.

Yet, according to a poster on the News & Observer blog:

Submitted by paboat on June 9, 2008 - 7:54pm.
According to the NC GOP, there is no Pamela Cash Roper who is a "lifelong Republican."

"From a search of voter registration information at the State Board of Elections website, there is no Pamela Cash Roper who is a registered Republican in North Carolina. There are 5 people named Pamela Roper. Three of them are Democrats and two are unaffiliated. Therefore one of these things must be true: Pamela Cash Roper is not a Republican, she is not from North Carolina, or she is not a registered voter."

That is answered:

Submitted by ryanteaguebeckwith on June 9, 2008 - 8:31pm.
That's because her name is spelled Pamella Cash-Roper. She is a registered Republican in Chatham County. I misspelled the name in the post earlier. My apologies for any confusion.

RTB

Which in turn is answered:

Submitted by piperscot on June 10, 2008 - 1:19pm.
You have some more digging to do. If Pamella Cash-Roper has lived in Chatham County for at least 4 years, she voted in the Democrat 2nd primary since the SBOE shows that she did vote and there were no Republican contests in Chatham County for the 2nd Primary. The only contest was the runoff for the Democratic primary in the Superintendent of Public Instruction. She is only a lifelong Republican if she is less than 4 years old and then she could register to vote. If you are going to let the Democrats trot this woman out to tell a lie without question, why do I suspect that the Democrat candidates will have it easy with you? This story has gone worldwide because it "fits the template".
link (http://chatham-county-nc.com/bulletinboard/index.php?topic=7135.0)

LibraryLady
08-26-2008, 12:43 PM
An unemployed nurse?? This may be why:

Cash-Roper washes down about 30 pills a day. Her husband, Keith, 58, takes just as many. The Pittsboro couple's combined prescriptions cost $3,000 a month, she said.

Elspeth
08-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Like Obama is really going to do anything about healthcare.

What he will surely do is raise taxes.

LibraryLady
08-26-2008, 12:51 PM
It gets better

His long-term disability insurance carried them until the company dropped his coverage. The company said she hadn't sent in the proper paperwork.

Cash-Roper, a licensed nurse, had her quadruple bypass surgery in 2004. It fixed her clogged arteries but left her with constant chest pain. She had to quit her job as a cook at a Pittsboro diner.

Why was a nurse cooking in a diner?
My husband had a quad bypass, sure it hurts but he went back on active duty!

She bought a package of Nabs to eat since meals aren't covered by the campaign.

But she splurged on some highlights for her hair.

"I pray every night to my God that he wins," she said. "Because if he doesn't, I'm going for my Canadian citizenship."

Oh and she can afford Internet - she posts on a blog.

megimoo
08-26-2008, 12:58 PM
It gets better

Good place for her to die.They will not give the medications she claims she needs.By the time their healthcare doctors get around to her she will be long gone !She is just another political tool they like trot out against the Evil Conservatives !

bijou
08-26-2008, 01:03 PM
It gets better

Surely cooking in a diner has to be at least as physically demanding as nursing, albeit possibly in a different way. She could have worked in a less physical specialty.