PDA

View Full Version : "New R.I. Censorship :No Conservative Talk Radio But MSM and NPR are OK !"

megimoo
01-11-2011, 06:01 PM
No Talk Radio for Chafee, and On-Duty State Workers, too

PROVIDENCE — No one is likely to confuse new Governor Chafee with his Republican predecessor, Donald L. Carcieri, and now here’s another way to tell them apart:

Chafee doesn’t plan to spend his own time on talk radio, and he intends to ban state employees from spending their state work time talking on talk radio, which was Carcieri’s favorite medium and an integral part of his communications operation.Spokesman Michael Trainor said a directive will go out over the next day or so that reflects that new policy.

He said the policy emanates from a belief that talk radio is essentially “ratings-driven, for-profit programming,” and “we don’t think it is appropriate to use taxpayer resources” in the form of state employee work time to “support for-profit, ratings-driven programming.”Trainor said the new governor will continue to talk to the news reporters for the local radio stations, and the nonprofit local NPR affiliate.

http://www.projo.com/news/content/CHAFEE_TALK_RADIO_01-11-11_1TLTC0P_v11.428bc2.html#

lacarnut
01-11-2011, 06:45 PM
WTF. I worked for the state of LA for 25 years and never listened to a radio. I was too busy concentrating on my auditing job to listen to talk radio. Plus, I would not have put up with any of my co-workers listening to that yakking either. I think a few listened to music with earphones. State employees that have the time to listen to talk radio should have their hours cut or the work force should be slimmed down.

AmPat
01-11-2011, 06:55 PM
No Talk Radio for Chafee, and On-Duty State Workers, too

PROVIDENCE — No one is likely to confuse new Governor Chafee with his Republican predecessor, Donald L. Carcieri, and now here’s another way to tell them apart:

Chafee doesn’t plan to spend his own time on talk radio, and he intends to ban state employees from spending their state work time talking on talk radio, which was Carcieri’s favorite medium and an integral part of his communications operation.Spokesman Michael Trainor said a directive will go out over the next day or so that reflects that new policy.

He said the policy emanates from a belief that talk radio is essentially “ratings-driven, for-profit programming,” and “we don’t think it is appropriate to use taxpayer resources” in the form of state employee work time to “support for-profit, ratings-driven programming.”Trainor said the new governor will continue to talk to the news reporters for the local radio stations, and the nonprofit local NPR affiliate.

http://www.projo.com/news/content/CHAFEE_TALK_RADIO_01-11-11_1TLTC0P_v11.428bc2.html#
Well ok there Homer. As long as you don't believe in taxpayer dollars going to liberal talk radio like NPR.

PoliCon
01-11-2011, 09:29 PM
WTF. I worked for the state of LA for 25 years and never listened to a radio. I was too busy concentrating on my auditing job to listen to talk radio. Plus, I would not have put up with any of my co-workers listening to that yakking either. I think a few listened to music with earphones. State employees that have the time to listen to talk radio should have their hours cut or the work force should be slimmed down.

Dude. The new governor does not want state employees appearing on talk radio. The former governor encouraged state employees to appear on talk radio as a way of getting out the message. This article is not about listening to it but rather about being on it. :rolleyes:

lacarnut
01-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Dude. The new governor does not want state employees appearing on talk radio. The former governor encouraged state employees to appear on talk radio as a way of getting out the message. This article is not about listening to it but rather about being on it. :rolleyes:

Well dude, the state I live in does not allow state employee to put a bumper sticker on their car or place a political sign in their yard much less appear on talk radio. This is a f. up state in allowing employees to appear on talk radio in my opinion. Taxpayers are not paying their salaries for them to shoot their mouths off on their dime. Must be a union employee benefit.

PoliCon
01-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Well dude, the state I live in does not allow state employee to put a bumper sticker on their car or place a political sign in their yard much less appear on talk radio. This is a f. up state in allowing employees to appear on talk radio in my opinion. Taxpayers are not paying their salaries for them to shoot their mouths off on their dime. Must be a union employee benefit.

actually - it's BRILLIANT to allow state employees to appear on talk radio. It allows them to get the message out. It allows them to answer questions and makes the government accessible to the people. Make/want to make a change to the tax laws? Have someone from the DOR go on the talk circuit and explain things to people.