PDA

View Full Version : Giffords's Outlook Improves .

megimoo
01-11-2011, 10:03 PM
TUCSON, Ariz.U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords remained in critical condition after brain surgery, but doctors said Tuesday that she would survive Saturday's shooting.

"She has a 101% chance of survival," said Peter Rhee, head of the University of Arizona Medical Center's trauma unit, where Ms. Giffords was brought after being shot in the head at point-blank range while meeting constituents near a Tucson supermarket....Ms. Giffords has shown some slight movement on one side of her body, and there are signs she could open her eyes soon, Dr. Rhee said.
snip
Doctors think the bullet that wounded Ms. Giffords entered through the front and exited through the back of her head, tearing through the left side of her brain....Michael Lemole, head of neurosurgery at the medical center, said caretakers had scaled back Ms. Giffords's sedation and she was breathing on her own....."We're very encouraged by the fact she's done so well," he said.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703791904576075983804081292.html?m od=WSJ_WSJ_US_News_3

m00
01-11-2011, 11:45 PM
This is great news! I'm really interested in what she has to say concerning the political drama revolving the shooting.

noonwitch
01-13-2011, 04:48 PM
This is great news! I'm really interested in what she has to say concerning the political drama revolving the shooting.

I think it's going to be a while before she's even aware of it all, she's going to be on some heavy medications for a while. But I know someone who was shot in the head about 30 years ago and he recovered pretty well. It's more than possible.

megimoo
01-13-2011, 08:06 PM
I think it's going to be a while before she's even aware of it all, she's going to be on some heavy medications for a while. But I know someone who was shot in the head about 30 years ago and he recovered pretty well. It's more than possible.She sat up on the edge of her bed with help this afternoon !