PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic Farmers Market Bouncy

Sparky
01-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Kang Colby Donating Member (58 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Jan-11-11 09:26 PM
Original message
Freepers at the farmer’s market. My recent run-in w/ a Repug.

Advertisements [?]
Edited on Tue Jan-11-11 09:27 PM by Kang Colby
So…last weekend I was visiting friends a few towns over. Their town has an indoor farmers market most weekends......yada yada yada

Well, I’m waiting in line and a lady dressed in a pea coat is in front of me. She steps up to an elderly man who is working the register and slams down two jars of preserves. She snaps, “can you tell me if these are organic, I forgot to ask?!” The elderly gentleman explains that she probably got those from “Bryant” and that Bryant “spray’s his produce”. The lady flips out. Starts cussing and demanding an explanation as to why the jars aren’t properly labeled. The elder gentleman looks like he is in absolute shock.

She goes on to explain that “chemical contaminants are for poor people, and she would not expose HER family to that filth”. She mentioned some incoherent nonsense about how the contents of the jar were only fit for the bums working there.

Here’s the kicker…the lady starts screaming about having one of her “friends” a local Republican delegate look into having the place shutdown.
At first, I thought maybe she was some sort of organic absolutist, but the part about having the market shutdown was the final straw.

That’s when I decided to chime in.

Kang Colby, “ Ma’am, I’m certainly no expert, but I don’t believe I ever learned anything about the way you’re acting in the bible.” “I’m not certain, but I don’t think Jesus would agree, what say you?”

She looked in disbelief that anyone would address her tantrum. She only groaned. And then began to leave the store.

I offered one more comment, “Ma’am, I remember your friend’s campaign ads, and he ran on “faith and family values”. But much like yourself and Bryant’s peaches – his policies have been toxic to this area”.

She walked out quickly…you could tell she was embarrassed.

Pathetic....I don't think he even really tried....

Link: http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=439&topic_id=178918&mesg_id=178918

PoliCon
01-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Oh. come. On. He actually expects people to believe that tripe?? :rolleyes:

AmPat
01-12-2011, 05:05 PM
One has to go all the way through the, AH! There it is.

Kang Colby Donating Member (58 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Jan-11-11 09:26 PM
Original message
Freepers at the farmer’s market. My recent run-in w/ a Repug.

Advertisements [?]
Edited on Tue Jan-11-11 09:27 PM by Kang Colby
So…last weekend I was visiting friends a few towns over. Their town has an indoor farmers market most weekends......yada yada yada
The first word. Bouncy for sure.:rolleyes:

SarasotaRepub
01-12-2011, 07:18 PM

Without doubt! :D And the DUmmies fall for it mostly. God, you'd think they'd learn after all these years...

NJCardFan
01-12-2011, 08:00 PM
I didn't need to read it. I saw the word, 'So' and that's all it took. How pathetic do you have to be to constantly make up bullshit stories? I mean, this is what little kids do to make themselves appear cool.

swirling_vortex
01-12-2011, 09:07 PM
You know it's fake because there are no conservatives that would willingly pay higher food prices for an "organic" label.

Rockntractor
01-12-2011, 09:08 PM
You know it's fake because there are no conservatives that would willingly pay higher food prices for an "organic" label.

Ginger!

movie buff
01-13-2011, 12:14 PM

Plus, it takes place while waiting in line to buy food (Though having it be at a Farmer's Market is a new touch while bouncies normally are at a Wal- Mart or a convenience store, he gets points for originality for that).