PDA

View Full Version : Did Jared Loughner hand POTUS another term?

Lager
01-12-2011, 06:20 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x186061

Typical attitude at the du: Yay! This might help Obama get reelected.

Novaheart
01-12-2011, 06:32 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x186061

Typical attitude at the du: Yay! This might help Obama get reelected.

If he did, then we should call him Saint Jared, because it would take a miracle to give Obama a second term. I'd like to see Obama not get the Democratic nomination.

NJCardFan
01-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Not going to happen. However, makes you think. 1994, Clinton got shellacked in the midterms. In April of '95, the OKC bombing(which was promptly blamed on conservative talk). Some believe his handling of that gave him momentum going into 1996. Fast-forward 16 years. Obama gets shellacked in the midterms. January 8, 2011, an unspeakable tragedy. Makes one think. I'm not accusing, I'm just saying.

hoplophobe
01-13-2011, 10:28 AM
1996 had more to do with the GOP running an establishment candidate whose "turn it was" to run for president and the fact a 3rd party candidate ran as a spoiler. Bill Clinton never got over 50% of the vote.

The OKC bombing was not a big factor IMO.

ralph wiggum
01-13-2011, 10:51 AM
1996 had more to do with the GOP running an establishment candidate whose "turn it was" to run for president and the fact a 3rd party candidate ran as a spoiler. Bill Clinton never got over 50% of the vote.

The media demonizing Newt and the Republicans after the '94 elections didn't help matters either.

Novaheart
01-13-2011, 11:06 AM

You hit the nail on the head. Bob Dole was well liked by most people, at least he didn't inspire hatred in any that I knew or interacted with. He simply wasn't exciting and the whole "it's his turn" thing was just kind of blah. I think they GOP and possibly Dole himself knew that wasn't going to happen, so they just showed up for that election.

megimoo
01-13-2011, 11:14 AM
Not going to happen. However, makes you think. 1994, Clinton got shellacked in the midterms. In April of '95, the OKC bombing(which was promptly blamed on conservative talk). Some believe his handling of that gave him momentum going into 1996. Fast-forward 16 years. Obama gets shellacked in the midterms. January 8, 2011, an unspeakable tragedy. Makes one think. I'm not accusing, I'm just saying.They're not that smart,if that backfired on them even their sniveling butt wipers in the MSM couldn't save them .

The Night Owl
01-13-2011, 11:27 AM
If he did, then we should call him Saint Jared, because it would take a miracle to give Obama a second term. I'd like to see Obama not get the Democratic nomination.

Would you like to bet your CU membership on this feeling that Barack Obama won't get a second term?

Novaheart
01-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Would you like to bet your CU membership on this feeling that Barack Obama won't get a second term?

What a peculiar thing to ask. Do you want me to leave? If you do, then why hinge it on a bet, especially when I'll have to listen to speculation that I won't honor it for the next two years?

The Night Owl
01-13-2011, 11:55 AM
What a peculiar thing to ask. Do you want me to leave? If you do, then why hinge it on a bet, especially when I'll have to listen to speculation that I won't honor it for the next two years?

No, I don't want you to leave. Membership is the only item of value I could think of that we could bet without giving up anonymity. I suppose we could bet virtual money. If you can think of something better to bet, I'm game.

Novaheart
01-13-2011, 01:02 PM
No, I don't want you to leave. Membership is the only item of value I could think of that we could bet without giving up anonymity. I suppose we could bet virtual money. If you can think of something better to bet, I'm game.

If Obama gets a second term, then I have to agree with Adam Wood for a month.

Veritas Aequitas
01-14-2011, 04:00 AM
Everybody I know, non-conservatives included, thought Obama handled it disgustingly actually;

- He never openly condemned the left for their rush to blame, he just used general terms that described everyone

- Handing out campaign slogan t-shirts at pep rally

- Turning the memorial INTO a pep rally

SarasotaRepub
01-14-2011, 07:01 AM
Everybody I know, non-conservatives included, thought Obama handled it disgustingly actually;

- He never openly condemned the left for their rush to blame, he just used general terms that described everyone

They did it for Wellstone so why not this too?

SaintLouieWoman
01-14-2011, 08:56 AM

Those t-shirts added just the right touch. :rolleyes: I'll bet they'll be collector items, a testimony to questionable taste.

The Night Owl
01-14-2011, 09:23 AM
If Obama gets a second term, then I have to agree with Adam Wood for a month.

Oh, wow! That's good. Okay. Deal. :D

m00
01-15-2011, 01:20 AM

How about the right to pick the other person's avatar?

The Night Owl
01-15-2011, 03:08 PM
How about the right to pick the other person's avatar?

I'm game!