PDA

View Full Version : Dear Skinner, a bit of advice.

Lager
01-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Mr. Skinner. I know you're not likely to take advice from anyone on this side, but I think it might be to your advantage to take a look at your site right now. Try to count how many times the word "Palin" appears. It's past the point of obsession, even to an untrained eye. I know you'd like your little board to appeal to most democratic voters and possibly even to dem candidates who might consider posting on or associating with it.

But it's quickly becoming a den of over-agitated, irrational posters who exhibit a hyper-fixation on the woman. It's probably going to draw some serious attention and ridicule, and that's not going to bode well for candidates who accept money from the site, when you attempt to solicit political donations next election. Maybe it's time for a paternal pep talk to the masses over there. Help calm them down a bit. Just a friendly suggestion, take it or leave it.

NJCardFan
01-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Mr. Skinner. I know you're not likely to take advice from anyone on this side, but I think it might be to your advantage to take a look at your site right now. Try to count how many times the word "Palin" appears. It's past the point of obsession, even to an untrained eye. I know you'd like your little board to appeal to most democratic voters and possibly even to dem candidates who might consider posting on or associating with it.

But it's quickly becoming a den of over-agitated, irrational posters who exhibit a hyper-fixation on the woman. It's probably going to draw some serious attention and ridicule, and that's not going to bode well for candidates who accept money from the site, when you attempt to solicit political donations next election. Maybe it's time for a paternal pep talk to the masses over there. Help calm them down a bit. Just a friendly suggestion, take it or leave it.

Son, does the term 'pissing up a rope' mean anything to you?

SarasotaRepub
01-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Palin!!!! It's the new Bu$hitler!!!:D:D

Bubba Dawg
01-12-2011, 09:24 PM
I don't go DUmpster Diving often, but the place seems overwrought and obsessed.

Rockntractor
01-12-2011, 09:27 PM
I don't go DUmpster Diving often, but the place seems overwrought and obsessed.

I couldn't handle them today, I backed out and took a shower.

Bubba Dawg
01-12-2011, 09:52 PM
I couldn't handle them today, I backed out and took a shower.

DU was the very first political forum I ever read much of or posted on. I was a Democrat at the time but, even so, was startled by the extreme nature of many of the positions over there. I didn't last long. I didn't get kicked out I just stopped posting.

After thinking about it since then, I realized that the fact that they held different political positions from me didn't bother me as much as the complete lack of tolerance for any other point of view.

Now, I just watch them fight it out among each other over the most amazingly trivial differences.

But, for the last few days, it is as if they have lost their collective mind, assuming they had one.

Adam Wood
01-13-2011, 12:58 AM
DU was the very first political forum I ever read much of or posted on. I was a Democrat at the time but, even so, was startled by the extreme nature of many of the positions over there. I didn't last long. I didn't get kicked out I just stopped posting.

After thinking about it since then, I realized that the fact that they held different political positions from me didn't bother me as much as the complete lack of tolerance for any other point of view.

Now, I just watch them fight it out among each other over the most amazingly trivial differences.

But, for the last few days, it is as if they have lost their collective mind, assuming they had one.I really can't remember a meltdown like this over there. It's not as big or obscene as the '04 election, but it's mighty close.

I am actually a little surprised that der$kammenführer hasn't locked the place down to outsiders during this event. I mean, the guy's not completely stupid. If he's been paying any attention whatsoever, he's bound to realize that these loons are just a complete embarrassment to him, and have been for several days while they're so willingly, intentionally ignoring reality.

Sparky
01-13-2011, 08:16 AM
It has now officially become PALIN UNDERGROUND

Novaheart
01-13-2011, 09:57 AM
Mr. Skinner. I know you're not likely to take advice from anyone on this side, but I think it might be to your advantage to take a look at your site right now. Try to count how many times the word "Palin" appears.

You do know that 99.9% of liberals have no idea what Democratic Underground is, right? I don't know how many members DU is claiming at this point, but both times I participated there (before being tombstoned for my opinions about Islam and other things) it became pretty obvious that there is a core posting group of about 100 people at most. Of that 100 people, about half are on medication for psychiatric disorders, many others are self medicated, and about a quarter are always on high alert to be the most easily offended and PC (in their warped way) in the world. They quite literally sit around thinking up new ways to be offended. If there are no new people or outsiders, they will eventually turn on each other.

DU is a nut hatch. So is Free Republic, but we're talking about DU.