PDA

View Full Version : Debating a RW Receptionist ...

SarasotaRepub
01-12-2011, 07:24 PM
LOL!!!! Another probable Bouncy!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x177014)

aggiesal (872 posts) Tue Jan-11-11 06:15 PM
Original message Debating a RW Receptionist ...http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/transparent.gif

Living in Orange County in SoCal can be a bit annoying.

The receptionist that controls the TV in the lobby continues to watch Fox NEWS.
When I go into the lobby, I ask to change the channel to CNN or MSNBC.

She did it the first time, but when I left she immediately changed it back to Fox.

I later told her that she needed to watch a different channel, when she replied
"No I don't"

So I showed her the article about the Univ. Of Maryland study that proves that
those that watch Fox News are the most misinformed electorate. She said that it
depends on how you interpret correct.

I then told her that:
"You can have your own opinion, but you can't have your own facts"

Then she started spouting off about giving money to the job creator and entrepreneurs.
So I asked 3 questions
1) "If I gave you $1M right now, would you hire anyone?" her response was "Probably not"
2) "If giving a tax breaks to the rich creates jobs, and they've had this tax break since
2001, where are the jobs?"
3) "Why if they create jobs with the tax breaks did the manufacturing jobs go from
18M in 2001 down to 12M in 2008? Shouldn't they have increased?"

Her response to both questions was "I don't know"

She then said "I love watch Glen Beck"

My head almost exploded. I had to walk away.

:D

NJCardFan
01-12-2011, 07:51 PM
No probable about it. It is a bouncy.

swirling_vortex
01-12-2011, 09:22 PM
If I gave you $1M right now, would you hire anyone?
As an individual, probably not. As a business, that depends. Obviously the question is vague in terms of the source of the money and how much is being given at once. Hiring people depends more on economic, taxation, and regulatory conditions instead of anonymous DUmp money.

However, as an individual, I would have an incentive to invest that money into something like stocks. That gives companies additional capital in order to invest in other areas, which can include job creation.

If giving a tax breaks to the rich creates jobs, and they've had this tax break since
2001, where are the jobs?
They were there. The unemployment rate dropped over 4 years, from 03 to 07. The 2001 recession was caused by the dot-com bubble, but Clinton never gets blamed for that.

"Why if they create jobs with the tax breaks did the manufacturing jobs go from
18M in 2001 down to 12M in 2008? Shouldn't they have increased?
Simple. The current levels of taxation and regulation did not decrease that much during Bush's two terms. Therefore, the incentive to move overseas was much stronger. And unlike here, the countries over there are much more pro-business. So is it any coincidence that a company would decide to invest over there?

PoliCon
01-12-2011, 09:41 PM
It amazes me that people believe these bullshit stories. :rolleyes:

Bubba Dawg
01-12-2011, 10:09 PM
It amazes me that people believe these bullshit stories. :rolleyes:

People don't .

DUmmies do. :D

PoliCon
01-12-2011, 10:22 PM
People don't .

DUmmies do. :D

touche!:D

Gingersnap
01-12-2011, 11:41 PM
This probably is a bouncy but let's assume it isn't.

What kind of control freak demands that a McJob receptionist change her innocuous viewing habits to accommodate a 10 second lobby transit? Worse yet, the control freak demands that the receptionist's viewing habits conform to his notions of "good" view even when he's left the room? :eek:

m00
01-12-2011, 11:46 PM
The receptionist that controls the TV in the lobby continues to watch Fox NEWS.
When I go into the lobby, I ask to change the channel to CNN or MSNBC.

She did it the first time, but when I left she immediately changed it back to Fox.

I later told her that she needed to watch a different channel, when she replied
"No I don't"

I kinda think this part is true. I can totally see it happening. I think the bouncy starts at the "so"

Adam Wood
01-13-2011, 12:29 AM
So I showed her the article about the Univ. Of Maryland study that proves that
those that watch Fox News are the most misinformed electorate.Because you just carry that around in your pocket any time you're visiting someone else's office? Or did the study jump out of the bushes as you walked into the office building? :rolleyes:

Rockntractor
01-13-2011, 12:33 AM
Because you just carry that around in your pocket any time you're visiting someone else's office? Or did the study jump out of the bushes as you walked into the office building? :rolleyes:

If she had tried to show me the study that's when I would have said, get away from me you friggen sleaze!:D

hoplophobe
01-13-2011, 10:46 AM
Because you just carry that around in your pocket any time you're visiting someone else's office? Or did the study jump out of the bushes as you walked into the office building? :rolleyes:
Probably book marked on his iPhone's browser for just such emergencies.