PDA

View Full Version : Death Threats Against Sarah Palin at 'Unprecedented Level,' Aides Say

Carol
01-12-2011, 07:58 PM
link
(http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4694466)
So, DUers are upset at the level of "hatred" against liberals. And they "know" that is causing violence. So when a conservative that they hate, and have been very vocal about their "hatred" is threatened they believe that they should "tone down" their rhetoric so she isn't a victim, right?

Think again.

RamboLiberal Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Jan-12-11 06:51 PM
Original message
Death Threats Against Sarah Palin at 'Unprecedented Level,' Aides Say

Source: ABC News

An aide close to Sarah Palin says death threats and security threats have increased to an unprecedented level since the shooting in Arizona, and the former Alaska governor's team has been talking to security professionals.

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/blood-libel-sarah-palins...

aquart Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Jan-12-11 06:53 PM
Response to Original message
1. The mind boggles at the brass-balled nerve.

I hope they are required to document every one of those "threats."

hlthe2b Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Jan-12-11 07:02 PM
Response to Reply #3
17. She drummed up a story about a kid that had tormented her in the past

Edited on Wed Jan-12-11 07:11 PM by hlthe2b
at least to the point she had gotten a restraining order, but brought it back up to suggest he was on his way to Alaska and she felt threatened--less than a day from the shootings. Could it be true? Maybe, but I sincerely doubt it, especially since her good friends at TMZ were the only ones reporting it. I am convinced (as are others it was not simply convenient timing, but reflects an absolutely pathological need to be in the middle of the story---just as we saw today. None of the commenters on that story believed her either, btw...

You can go read this crap if you like... http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/10/sarah-palin-stalker-shawn...

kestrel91316 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Jan-12-11 07:17 PM
Response to Reply #3
30. Funny, all I hear is CRITICISM of her. That does not equal threats.

Unless you are a malignant narcissist like Sarah.But criticism of liberals is "hatred", "inciting to violence" and "racism".

LisaM Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Jan-12-11 06:57 PM
6. Awww, poor Sarah!

Did it stop being all about her for a minute?

vduhr (426 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Jan-12-11 07:41 PM
56. 'unprecedented level ...'?

Just what does that mean? Unprecedented for whom? Sarah? So if she received 2 threats, does that mean she's received 3 threats this week? It's hard to believe because the words 'unprecedented level' is so vague. Has Beck and Limbaugh received any more threats than normal? This would be the first anyone has heard of elevated death threats on anyone except Sarah, and conveniently in time for her most recent public fiasco. She failed twice at defending herself, so she turns it into all about Sarah. Sounds suspiciously like a desperate attempt.

NJCardFan
01-12-2011, 08:03 PM
link
(http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4694466)
So, DUers are upset at the level of "hatred" against liberals. And they "know" that is causing violence. So when a conservative that they hate, and have been very vocal about their "hatred" is threatened they believe that they should "tone down" their rhetoric so she isn't a victim, right?

Think again.

But criticism of liberals is "hatred", "inciting to violence" and "racism".

I believe this explains it: http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=35890

AmPat
01-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Death Threats Against Sarah Palin at 'Unprecedented Level,
No doubt made by those hateful , vile, right wing conservatives. Those enlightened, loving, tolerant liberals would have nothing to do with this.:rolleyes:

Adam Wood
01-13-2011, 01:34 PM
No doubt made by those hateful , vile, right wing conservatives. Those enlightened, loving, tolerant liberals would have nothing to do with this.:rolleyes:Racist teabaggers. Gotta be.

AmPat
01-13-2011, 01:45 PM
1:26 Add to Added to queue Right-Wing ****, Ingraham, Attacks Memory of Senators Wellstone & Kennedy (Via www.mediamatters.org ) Ingraham says Dems playing "death card" with Kennedy's death, compares http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wellstone+memorial%2C++&aq=f
Just did a quick search on the Wellstone memorial on you tube. This fine example of "liberal tolerance and enlightenment" :rolleyes: came to my attention.:rolleyes:

noonwitch
01-13-2011, 01:48 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if death threats against any politician are up since the shooting last week. Crazy begets more crazy.

AmPat
01-13-2011, 01:54 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if death threats against any politician are up since the shooting last week. Crazy begets more crazy.

Missing the point. Yes, there are crazies on both sides. Who do you think has the most crazy? Who has the organization of crazy down to a science? Now I know you are a liberal, but can you honestly say that Conservatives are anywhere as bad as the organized crazy of the left?:confused:

noonwitch
01-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Missing the point. Yes, there are crazies on both sides. Who do you think has the most crazy? Who has the organization of crazy down to a science? Now I know you are a liberal, but can you honestly say that Conservatives are anywhere as bad as the organized crazy of the left?:confused:

I don't see the point in arguing about which side is crazier, because the extremes are always crazy on either side. Timothy McVeigh and John Eric Rudolph killed their share of people, and they did so based on conservative ideology. Did you read the posts at Free Republic the day after Dr. Tiller was murdered? Have you ever seen the Nuremburg Files website, that lists the home addresses of OB/GYN's who provide abortions and encourages people to kill them? That website, if it still exists (my browser blocks it out), is some pretty organized crazy hate.

But I am an educated and intelligent person. I may disagree with Right To Life, but I'm not going to lump their legitimate organization in with a bunch of violent crazies, just because they share some political goals.

AmPat
01-13-2011, 03:52 PM
I don't see the point in arguing about which side is crazier, because the extremes are always crazy on either side. Timothy McVeigh and John Eric Rudolph killed their share of people, and they did so based on conservative ideology. Did you read the posts at Free Republic the day after Dr. Tiller was murdered? Have you ever seen the Nuremburg Files website, that lists the home addresses of OB/GYN's who provide abortions and encourages people to kill them? That website, if it still exists (my browser blocks it out), is some pretty organized crazy hate.

But I am an educated and intelligent person. I may disagree with Right To Life, but I'm not going to lump their legitimate organization in with a bunch of violent crazies, just because they share some political goals.

*YAWN* STILL missing the point. You are not answering the question by stating the obvious. Yes!!! Stipulated and conceded, there ARE crazies on both sides. Now I'll ask you again: Who has this down to a science, left or right?
Asked another way; Where has the entire right closed ranks and politicized a tragedy for political gain or as leverage to incite hatred against their opponents?

Yukon
01-14-2011, 10:25 AM
These death threats are unsubstantiated and are quite likely fakes.

Gingersnap
01-14-2011, 10:42 AM

All public figures routinely receive death threats. High profile public figures get more and high profile public figures embroiled in media hype get even more than the usual amount.

I don't care if you like or dislike Palin but don't interject something stupid-sounding without thinking it through.

Adam Wood
01-14-2011, 10:57 AM
All public figures routinely receive death threats. High profile public figures get more and high profile public figures embroiled in media hype get even more than the usual amount.

I don't care if you like or dislike Palin but don't interject something stupid-sounding without thinking it through.Erm, you realize the problem with this demand, don't you? :p :D

Apache
01-14-2011, 10:59 AM

And you know this HOW?

Rebel Yell
01-14-2011, 11:04 AM
And you know this HOW?

because. That's how.

noonwitch
01-14-2011, 11:12 AM
*YAWN* STILL missing the point. You are not answering the question by stating the obvious. Yes!!! Stipulated and conceded, there ARE crazies on both sides. Now I'll ask you again: Who has this down to a science, left or right?
Asked another way; Where has the entire right closed ranks and politicized a tragedy for political gain or as leverage to incite hatred against their opponents?

9-11 and the Patriot Act.

NJCardFan
01-14-2011, 11:19 AM

And yet your ilk went all ballistic with unsubstantiated accusations that Loughner was spurned on by conservative rhetoric. The liberal mindset fascinates me.

FBIGuy
01-14-2011, 11:23 AM
LisaM Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Jan-12-11 06:57 PM
6. Awww, poor Sarah!

Did it stop being all about her for a minute?

It's the libs you moron who are making this all about her. Before the bodies where cold the DUmmies where blaming this on Palin.:rolleyes:

FBIGuy
01-14-2011, 11:24 AM

What proof do you have that they are false?

AmPat
01-14-2011, 11:51 AM
9-11 and the Patriot Act.
Still waiting. The Patriot act was not used to incite hatred, nor was it from "the right."
Try again.

AmPat
01-14-2011, 11:56 AM

I don't care if you like or dislike Palin but don't interject something stupid-sounding without thinking it through.

Ginger, Ginger, tsk tsk. You do realize Yuk is on to something don't you? It is Sarah's brilliant plan to single-handedly fix the economy. She is starting with the huge bodyguard economy (due to their large political lobby) and throws her money at them without need. Sarah is so flush with cash that she along with a few other uber rich Conservatives like Beck and Rush, can't wait to spend money on unnecessary expenses.

Adam Wood
01-14-2011, 12:00 PM
What proof do you have that they are false?

KKKarl Rove, perhaps?

Death threats against Sarah Palin are a Rovian ploy!

Apache
01-14-2011, 12:55 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s4YfBKs39Y

noonwitch
01-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Still waiting. The Patriot act was not used to incite hatred, nor was it from "the right."
Try again.

There was the HUAC, of course. Don't tell me that just because some of the southern congressmen involved were democrats, that they were liberals. That was back when the parties were not so clearly divided into right and left, and the GOP had plenty of liberal members and the Democratic party had racists like Wallace. But the targets for investigation were all liberals.

People's lives were ruined by those hearings, because all it took was an accusation and that was that for that person's career. Unless the accused either had a lot of money and a past with the wealthy and powerful (Katharine Hepburn) or had absolutely nothing to lose (Coleman Young), they were ruined by finger pointing without proof.

AmPat
01-14-2011, 03:27 PM
There was the HUAC, of course. Don't tell me that just because some of the southern congressmen involved were democrats, that they were liberals. That was back when the parties were not so clearly divided into right and left, and the GOP had plenty of liberal members and the Democratic party had racists like Wallace. But the targets for investigation were all liberals.

People's lives were ruined by those hearings, because all it took was an accusation and that was that for that person's career. Unless the accused either had a lot of money and a past with the wealthy and powerful (Katharine Hepburn) or had absolutely nothing to lose (Coleman Young), they were ruined by finger pointing without proof.

Reaching back now? How far back does a liberal go to attempt to prove a weak point? OK, granted there are some instances in antiquity to somehow stretch your evidence to prove a point. Now, how about thepresent, as in the last few years? I see with my own two eyes the blatant and open attack of the entire left upon conservatives. It starts at the top. Look no further than the almighty O Blah Blah. You can reach way back to the 90's also and see Hillary and Billary sic theirwilling attack dog media on the evil VRWC.

Come on Noon, you kinow I'm right and your'e better than this. What is your take on TODAY, right NOW?

Who is under attack and who is doing the attacking?

Yukon
01-17-2011, 09:54 AM
because. That's how.

I have contacts in very high places.

Adam Wood
01-17-2011, 09:57 AM
I have contacts in very high places.Your well-placed contacts with the Palins told you this, huh?

Given your track record for honesty so far, you'll please pardon me while I laugh in your face and call you a liar.

txradioguy
01-17-2011, 10:01 AM

All you have to do is look at the idiots in Hollywood today...the Democrat party and most of the striped pants crowd at the State Department to know that Tail Gunner Joe was right.

Reagan saw it in Hollywood when he was the SAG head.

Hate to burst your bubble.

Apache
01-17-2011, 10:02 AM

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/8546cf81-1c08-4129-8a03-92420e4e8b6c.jpg

txradioguy
01-17-2011, 10:04 AM

http://hercmerc.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/penis-cat1.jpg

Yukon
01-17-2011, 10:04 AM

Hear, hear noowitch ! BRAVO ! Excellent and completely accurate information. "Tail-Gunner" Joe McCarthy was a disgrace to civilized democracy.

txradioguy
01-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Hear, hear noowitch ! BRAVO ! Excellent and completely accurate information. "Tail-Gunner" Joe McCarthy was a menace to communists.

Fixt.

Oh and you might want to get that brown stuff off your nose.

Zathras
01-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Fixt.

Oh and you might want to get that brown stuff off your nose.

Careful there Tx....Pukeon will report you for changing his post.

txradioguy
01-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Careful there Tx....Pukeon will report you for changing his post.

Cool. That ought to make for a good laugh in the Mod Shop.

I wonder if my coffee mug is still in there from when I was here before? :D

Apache
01-17-2011, 01:01 PM

Yeah but its cracked...:(

linda22003
01-17-2011, 01:43 PM

I always knew it was like a Teachers' Lounge in an elementary school. It HAS to be.

Constitutionally Speaking
01-17-2011, 06:07 PM

The request was noted with some relish!

I hope it is OK that I commandeered your cup - but Rockntractor keeps trying to abscond with it for his own undetermined purposes.