PDA

View Full Version : obamas speech

patriot45
01-12-2011, 09:18 PM
He is a droid. I was not impressed, nothing was from the heart. Speechwriting 101. I'm sick of watching him now.

Discus?

Bubba Dawg
01-12-2011, 09:21 PM
Decent speech. Hit the right buttons. Reasonable tone.

I didn't listen to every word but about what i'd expected.

Rockntractor
01-12-2011, 09:22 PM
He is a droid. I was not impressed, nothing was from the heart. Speechwriting 101. I'm sick of watching him now.

Discus?

I refused to watch him, watched I spy instead.

patriot45
01-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Decent speech. Hit the right buttons. Reasonable tone.

I didn't listen to every word but about what i'd expected.

That was from the heart!?! The dude is a droid like I said. He meant not one word. Sorry if I come off cynical but I think he is incapable of real heartfelt grief. For one he did not make me feel safe or comforted.

Bubba Dawg
01-12-2011, 09:40 PM
That was from the heart!?! The dude is a droid like I said. He meant not one word. Sorry if I come off cynical but I think he is incapable of real heartfelt grief. For one he did not make me feel safe or comforted.

The text of the speech appeared appropriate to the moment. He had a line about a lack of civility did not cause this tragedy or something to that effect that I thought was a good line.

I'd rate it about average.

patriot45
01-12-2011, 09:45 PM
The text of the speech appeared appropriate to the moment. He had a line about a lack of civility did not cause this tragedy or something to that effect that I thought was a good line.

I'd rate it about average.

It was a lovely speech. And thats just what I mean. He couldn't lose on this one except for the extra 1/2 hour of unnessesary blather.

Rockntractor
01-12-2011, 09:46 PM
I spy was better and more believable.

SarasotaRepub
01-12-2011, 09:48 PM
How Wellstonian...:rolleyes:

I thought they were going to start singing..."Obama,Obama, all praise Obama..."

Did anyone see any Obama 2012 signs???? :rolleyes:

I'm surprised they didn't pass a plate for his re-election.

lacarnut
01-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Listening to any politician for more than 5 minutes makes me nauseous so I did not even bother.

Rockntractor
01-12-2011, 09:52 PM

They probably had a number you texted for an automatic donation.

Bubba Dawg
01-12-2011, 09:58 PM
It was a lovely speech. And thats just what I mean. He couldn't lose on this one except for the extra 1/2 hour of unnessesary blather.

True. That's what I meant. He, and his speechwriters, figured out the "right" things to say and wrote a speech to hit those points.

I didn't note any gaffs. The only real home run was when he said that the Congresswoman had opened her eyes for the first time.

One thing that was strange to me was the crowd response for the whole thing. Someone of Fox said it was "more like a pep rally" than a memorial service. Cheering at times when I couldn't figure out why. I think Obama was a bit surprised by that. It started when the Native American man started speaking and seemed to break out at weird times.

Bubba Dawg
01-12-2011, 09:59 PM
I refused to watch him, watched I spy instead.

Movie or series?

Bubba Dawg
01-12-2011, 10:00 PM

Now you know it was completely a-political......:D

Rockntractor
01-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Movie or series?

Movie, with Eddie Murphy.

SarasotaRepub
01-12-2011, 10:05 PM
True. That's what I meant. He, and his speechwriters, figured out the "right" things to say and wrote a speech to hit those points.

I didn't note any gaffs. The only real home run was when he said that the Congresswoman had opened her eyes for the first time.

One thing that was strange to me was the crowd response for the whole thing. Someone of Fox said it was "more like a pep rally" than a memorial service. Cheering at times when I couldn't figure out why. I think Obama was a bit surprised by that. It started when the Native American man started speaking and seemed to break out at weird times.

It was a pep rally and it was for him, not the fallen. I thought it was disgusting. After he finally sat down you could still hear widdle girls yelling "Obama!!! Obama!!!! I'm going to swoon..." :D

I am surprised POTUS didn't slip in "Palin is ebil" somewhere. :p

Bubba Dawg
01-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Movie, with Eddie Murphy.

I haven't seen it.

Bubba Dawg
01-12-2011, 10:07 PM
It was a pep rally and it was for him, not the fallen. I thought it was disgusting. After he finally sat down you could still hear widdle girls yelling "Obama!!! Obama!!!! I'm going to swoon..." :D

I am surprised POTUS didn't slip in "Palin is ebil" somewhere. :p

I was expecting a somber service. I was surprised.

I'm trying to place that piece of music they played at the beginning. I've heard it many times and don't know what it is.

Rockntractor
01-12-2011, 10:09 PM
I haven't seen it.

Hilarious!

Bubba Dawg
01-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Hilarious!

I'll put it on my list.

Kay
01-12-2011, 10:11 PM
It pissed me off that the very first words spoken were by that Mexican/Indian who talked about himself and his diversity and "nativeness" for generations going back before AZ was a state...which was applauded by the crowds. I felt like it was going to be an illegal immigrant rally more than a memorial service. The tone was all wrong wrong wrong. It reminded me of that funeral service a few years ago for a the democrat congressman (forget his name) when Jessie Venture even got up and walked out because it was a political rally not a funeral.

But thankfully that feeling left me and it got a little better. Like Bubba said though, it was more like a pep rally and the tone of the crowd seemed weird to me. I felt really bad for the families of the dead. I think it would have been hard for me to sit through that if I were one of the relatives.

I agree that Barry's speech was well written. The words were good, but as said above I don't think he's capable of emotion. He looked like he was just saying the words, not feeling them at all. And Michele could have dressed better. She looked like she was dressed to sit out on the white house veranda sipping tea over looking her garden instead of being at a memorial for the dead.

Bubba Dawg
01-12-2011, 10:16 PM
It pissed me off that the very first words spoken were by that Mexican/Indian who talked about himself and his diversity and "nativeness" for generations going back before AZ was a state...which was applauded by the crowds. I felt like it was going to be an illegal immigrant rally more than a memorial service. The tone was all wrong wrong wrong. It reminded me of that funeral service a few years ago for a the democrat congressman (forget his name) when Jessie Venture even got up and walked out because it was a political rally not a funeral.

But thankfully that feeling left me and it got a little better. Like Bubba said though, it was more like a pep rally and the tone of the crowd seemed weird to me. I felt really bad for the families of the dead. I think it would have been hard for me to sit through that if I were one of the relatives.

I agree that Barry's speech was well written. The words were good, but as said above I don't think he's capable of emotion. He looked like he was just saying the words, not feeling them at all. And Michele could have dressed better. She looked like she was dressed to sit out on the white house veranda sipping tea over looking her garden instead of being at a memorial for the dead.

I think the Mexican/Indian just couldn't resist the chance to TO TALK ABOUT ME AND MY ETHNICITY. I thought it was inappropriate and cheesy.

megimoo
01-12-2011, 10:16 PM

I agree that Barry's speech was well written. The words were good, but as said above I don't think he's capable of emotion. He looked like he was just saying the words, not feeling them at all. And Michele could have dressed better. She looked like she was dressed to sit out on the white house veranda sipping tea over looking her garden instead of being at a memorial for the dead.She's living proof That You Cant shine a sneaker !

Bubba Dawg
01-12-2011, 10:20 PM
She's living proof That You Cant shine a sneaker !

:D

gator
01-12-2011, 10:24 PM
I am going to say the politically incorrect thing and say that I am getting sick of “Gabby TV” all the time.

It is too bad those people got whacked by a lunatic. However, shit happens.

It is a national disgrace that it has turned into a public spectacle with everything from Palin bashing to gun control to an attack against talk radio. It was culminated by a fucking Democrat campaign rally and the revelation that the Messiah was able to restore sight to the blind.

That friggin Sheriff is a Left Wing tool that should be fired for dereliction of duty.

That Congresswoman was a stupid Democrat that mostly supported Obama’s agenda and came very close to getting her ass beat in the election. I feel bad she got shot but she is no hero and all she is going to be from now on is a Democrat martyr.

Even Fox didn’t have the guts to call a spade a spade.

Articulate_Ape
01-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Personally, I'm not going to judge the President on this day and I choose to take his words as he spoke them, whether contrived or not, at face value. There is a time and a place for everything. I just don't feel this is the time to judge anyone who expresses grief, whether genuine or not.

NJCardFan
01-12-2011, 10:36 PM

I guarantee that if it was Sheila Jackson Lee, Maxine Waters, or Cynthia McKinney who was shot he'd show plenty of emotion. Re-listen to Reagan's speech after Challenger, or even Clinton's speech after OKC. Now that's how you give a speech at a time like this. Obama masks his sorrow like a campaign speech. As good as people thinks he talks, he couldn't sniff Reagan's dirty underwear when it came to speech making.

Kay
01-12-2011, 10:39 PM
It was culminated by a fucking Democrat campaign rally
and the revelation that the Messiah was able to restore sight to the blind.

Oh Yes! The One came to town and SHE OPENED HER EYES! :D
Barry has made her whole again.

Bubba Dawg
01-12-2011, 10:48 PM
I am going to say the politically incorrect thing and say that I am getting sick of “Gabby TV” all the time.

Then change the channel or turn it off. It is the nature of 24 hour news channels to go on and on and on.

It is too bad those people got whacked by a lunatic. However, shit happens.

Obviously.

It is a national disgrace that it has turned into a public spectacle with everything from Palin bashing to gun control to an attack against talk radio. It was culminated by a fucking Democrat campaign rally and the revelation that the Messiah was able to restore sight to the blind.

Well, as you said Gator, shit happens.

That friggin Sheriff is a Left Wing tool that should be fired for dereliction of duty.

Yes he should.

Even Fox didn’t have the guts to call a spade a spade.

But of course you turned up to do just that. As you said, Shit Happens.

Adam Wood
01-12-2011, 10:59 PM

No shit! The only things missing where the hope and change signs and the dancing people of indiscriminate sex.

Some kind of warm-up for the SOTU, maybe? Good grief. How freaking sickening. Barf.

Adam Wood
01-12-2011, 11:12 PM

I agree that Barry's speech was well written. The words were good, but as said above I don't think he's capable of emotion. He looked like he was just saying the words, not feeling them at all. And Michele could have dressed better. She looked like she was dressed to sit out on the white house veranda sipping tea over looking her garden instead of being at a memorial for the dead.Can that woman EVER dress herself properly? I mean, I'm hardly some sort of fashionista, but for God's sake, it seems like every time she turns up at something where she ought to look like a professional, accomplished woman, she is instead wearing some sort of variation of a leftover burlap bag from the loading dock of the co-op with a few sequins sewn on, and then she goes out in the garden in the middle of the day with a shovel and a rake wearing a black cocktail dress and 6" heels. And whatever the hell she wears to formal events like state dinners was apparently stolen out of Michael Jackson's closet in about 1983.

Good grief, woman. You're the First Lady. PLEASE find someone who knows how to dress you like a person with some class if you cannot manage to do so on your own. You've got ten billion staffers. Surely at one or two of them can figure out Donna Karan and sew in some of those Garanamials labels so she can figure out how to dress herself in the morning.

Novaheart
01-12-2011, 11:16 PM

Discus?

It reminds me of that episode of Hell's Kitchen, where the guy from Las Vegas, I think his name was Mauricio or something equally affected, kept doing those Nouvelle dishes that all looked alike and all looked like Page 23 of the chapter on special dishes to impression your mother in law. Basically, after awhile all food wrapped in dough and sliced in medallions starts to look the same.

PS- "It" meaning his speech making. I didn't watch the show.

AmPat
01-13-2011, 04:07 PM
I was hoping that annoying whistleing sound would have been fixed by the elbow to his mouth. It is so distracting. He also speaks in that halting delivery, as though his previous point was SO important as to punctuate and reflect over. Then, he has to resort to his "folksy" voice and/or his Black preacher delivery.

The words were fine except for the obvious lie about the miraculous eye opening, but I am sick of listening to this Community Organizer-In-Chief.:cool:

megimoo
01-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Can that woman EVER dress herself properly? I mean, I'm hardly some sort of fashionista, but for God's sake, it seems like every time she turns up at something where she ought to look like a professional, accomplished woman, she is instead wearing some sort of variation of a leftover burlap bag from the loading dock of the co-op with a few sequins sewn on, and then she goes out in the garden in the middle of the day with a shovel and a rake wearing a black cocktail dress and 6" heels. And whatever the hell she wears to formal events like state dinners was apparently stolen out of Michael Jackson's closet in about 1983.

Good grief, woman. You're the First Lady. PLEASE find someone who knows how to dress you like a person with some class if you cannot manage to do so on your own. You've got ten billion staffers. Surely at one or two of them can figure out Donna Karan and sew in some of those Garanamials labels so she can figure out how to dress herself in the morning.She has the clothing style of a Chicago bag lady and the sense of fashion of a pole dancer.She has her own clothing Advisors but ignores most of their advice and goes with her instincts.She thinks that the wide belt props up her breasts and insists on wearing one .