PDA

View Full Version : Obama Goes To Tucson; A Paul Wellstone Memorial Redux?

megimoo
01-13-2011, 10:03 AM
Ah, Barack Obama finally gets the moment the liberal intelligentsia has been praying for: A chance to "heal" the American people after a senseless tragedy, deftly pinned on political enemies.

But these healing moments can sometimes - if used carelessly - can wind up pouring kerosene into the wounds. Let's go back to 2003, and the untimely death of hardcore liberal Minnesota Senator Paul Wellstone, and his memorial service, which turned into a pep rally for the Democratic party:
snip
Ventura says he was "disgusted" that the public Wellstone memorial turned into a political rally. Ventura walked out of the memorial service, which ended with calls to continue Wellstone's legacy at the polls. Ventura says turning a memorial into a political event was despicable.
snip
leftist media to blame in on their political enemies, al la the Reichstag Fire.
Remember, Mr. President, that the people your allies are blaming for this slaughter - the Tea Party and the conservative movement - make up about half the nation. Take a side, and a rift will open that will make this weekend's media circus seem like a carnival sideshow.

And when the people see that the healer-in-chief has instead salted the wound, well...your party's losses in 2010 will look like nothing compared to the tsunami that will face you in 2012...

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/obama-goes-to-tucson-a-paul-wellstone-memorial-redux/question-1443271/

Shirts sit on back before memorial service

Shirts sit on the back of chairs before a memorial service for the victims of Saturday's shootings at McKale Memorial Center on the University of Arizona campus Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2011, in Tucson, Ariz.

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/photo//110112/480/urn_publicid_ap_org_ffb533d16d6548058df1085e682a67 9d/

noonwitch
01-13-2011, 10:22 AM
If the right tries to make this into a Wellstone thing, they will do the very thing they accused the left of doing when various people jumped the gun and claimed the killer was a right wing lunatic.

I didn't watch the whole speech, but it was appropriate for people to cheer when Obama announced that the congresswoman opened her eye.

Zafod
01-13-2011, 11:11 AM
If the right tries to make this into a Wellstone thing, they will do the very thing they accused the left of doing when various people jumped the gun and claimed the killer was a right wing lunatic.

I didn't watch the whole speech, but it was appropriate for people to cheer when Obama announced that the congresswoman opened her eye.

the indian who opened the services was a fucking travesty......

jendf
01-13-2011, 11:19 AM
The whole thing was creepy. And the slobbering of the president this morning is even creepier. That wasn't a memorial service. It was hero worship. Nothing solemn about it at all.

U of A and Tucson should be embarrassed.

ralph wiggum
01-13-2011, 11:38 AM
The whole thing was creepy. And the slobbering of the president this morning is even creepier. That wasn't a memorial service. It was hero worship. Nothing solemn about it at all.

U of A and Tucson should be embarrassed.

Thank goodness you don't work there! :D

jendf
01-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Thank goodness you don't work there! :D

I ain't no fool. :p

AmPat
01-13-2011, 01:34 PM

One doesn't have to "try." The lefty loons are judged by their actions. Tell me that this was a memorial or was this a "Look at me" moment for the liberal god? The O Blah Blah speech was ok, the audience and their behavior was uncouth. The breathless moment when Obamassiah arrived and providence allowed her first eye opening to be reserved for the very moment when he arrived. What a crock! He lied. This is more sensationalism by the O Blah Bklah machine.

O Blah Blah could have brought some class to this event, if somebody would have loaned him some.

Also, that stupid "blessing" by Ward Churchill II, was a joke. I feel bad for the families who had to stomach this circus.

Shame on them all. :mad:

Chuck58
01-13-2011, 03:03 PM
I didn't make it to Dear Leader's speech. Didn't make it but a few minutes into the so called 'memorial.' I cannot stand looking at or listening to the guy.

That thing wasn't a memorial to the dead and wounded; it was the opening of the Anointed One's 2012 campaign. Will 'Together We Thrive' be his next campaign motto?

There's proof that he really is the Second Coming. I read on another site that he said during his speech Giffords opened her eyes when he walked into her room. He performed a miracle.

Calypso Jones
01-13-2011, 03:10 PM
I'll thrive better without him.

gator
01-13-2011, 03:37 PM

The crowd of mostly left wing jerk offs thought the Messiah had healed her.

gator
01-13-2011, 03:40 PM
I started to watch but when I saw that "Native American" idiot start to do his silly thing I realized it was going to be another Left Wing circle jerk so I turned the channel and from the accounts I was right.

NJCardFan
01-13-2011, 03:53 PM

Was it appropriate to hand out "Together We Thrive" t-shirts? This was a political rally. Nothing more. Nothing less.

fettpett
01-13-2011, 04:03 PM
All I heard of it was what Rush was discussing. Apparently some were reported that Jan Brewer was the only one that kept the proceedings on topic and she got booed for it.

Lager
01-13-2011, 04:08 PM
The President did what a president had to do. The speech was appropriate and touched the right chords. I can't find fault with him giving it. The T-shirts, on the other hand, did seem tacky.

gator
01-13-2011, 04:14 PM
The President did what a president had to do. The speech was appropriate and touched the right chords. I can't find fault with him giving it. The T-shirts, on the other hand, did seem tacky.

No it was political hackjob.

If he was really "presidential" he would have talked from the Wite House like Reagan and others did in the past. Instead he went to Democrat campaign rally so that his supporters could cheer him and boo the Republicans.

It is a disgrace.

noonwitch
01-13-2011, 04:48 PM

I don't get the t shirt thing, either, and it's not just this event that has me wondering. When Michael Jackson died, t shirt tents went up all over metro Detroit, the way they do when the Pistons or Red Wings win a championship. Same thing when Obama won in 2008.

Some black families have memorial t shirts made that display images of deceased loved ones. They also do big funeral programs, filled with photos of the deceased, instead of the little funeral cards that my family always has available at funerals. That's not even getting into the photos of grandma laying in her casket that are on mantels or in photo albums all over Detroit. Eek.

megimoo
01-13-2011, 04:48 PM
I didn't make it to Dear Leader's speech. Didn't make it but a few minutes into the so called 'memorial.' I cannot stand looking at or listening to the guy.

That thing wasn't a memorial to the dead and wounded; it was the opening of the Anointed One's 2012 campaign. Will 'Together We Thrive' be his next campaign motto?

There's proof that he really is the Second Coming. I read on another site that he said during his speech Giffords opened her eyes when he walked into her room. He performed a miracle.
When he walked into her room and The angels sang and the roof opened up to a blazing light !

lacarnut
01-13-2011, 05:19 PM
All I heard of it was what Rush was discussing. Apparently some were reported that Jan Brewer was the only one that kept the proceedings on topic and she got booed for it.

I can not watch Obummer without getting nauseous. However, did the Gov. of AZ actually get booed or are you making that up????? The T-shirt episode is rather trashy plus I could less what some dick-weeds in Detroit do.

NJCardFan
01-13-2011, 07:33 PM
Some leftist Yahoo blogger blogged about conservatives not liking the t-shirt thing. You should read the idiocy form the little leftist morons. I made a few comments, being as classy as always(:D) and was met with charges of being a "teabagger" and such. And you should have seen some of the little leftists saying that there are 9/11 coins and stuff out there but I responded that A)that company also produced the Obama/Lincoln coins and B)I didn't recall these coins being passed out at the 9/11 memorial services.

megimoo
01-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Nearly 31 Million Watch President's Tucson Speech...but ...33 MILLION WATCH FOOTBALL GAME

fettpett
01-13-2011, 08:56 PM
I can not watch Obummer without getting nauseous. However, did the Gov. of AZ actually get booed or are you making that up????? The T-shirt episode is rather trashy plus I could less what some dick-weeds in Detroit do.

I'm not making up that Rush commented that she was booed...hell even HE wasn't sure if it actually happened..we was just reporting what others were saying.

considering the crowd...would it really surprise you? this whole supposed memorial turned into nothing more than a circus, it's sick.

Kay
01-13-2011, 10:13 PM
I didn't catch the booing of Gov. Brewer, but I heard that too on Rush today.
I was only half listening to the whole thing anyway. But given the roar of
applause for the Mexican/Indian who made it clear that his people from
Mexico were here long before we were, I'm sure the majority of the audience
was probably pro wetback. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if they boo'd her.

megimoo
01-13-2011, 10:17 PM
I didn't catch the booing of Gov. Brewer, but I heard that too on Rush today.
I was only half listening to the whole thing anyway. But given the roar of
applause for the Mexican/Indian who made it clear that his people from
Mexico were here long before we were, I'm sure the majority of the audience
was probably pro wetback. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if they boo'd her.
The bussed a bunch of pro amnesty Mexicans in for the event!