PDA

View Full Version : On Christian End of Days Eschatology and why Sarah matters

Carol
01-13-2011, 09:00 PM
What nutcases. They think they "know" what Christians (or in their words-fundamentalists) believe. Or perhaps it's simple to smear and demean someone that doesn't agree with their agenda.

link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x194484)

nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jan-13-11 02:46 PM
Original message
On Christian End of Days Eschatology and why Sarah matters Updated at 2:48 PM

Ok, I have seen here many posts about they don't know what they are doing... and all that. Well, it matters and they know exactly what they are doing. What follows is a very short, high points mostly, on the end of days eschatology... (and incidentally I wish she were a Neocon... this is far worst)

The end of days are happening in our times. The first sign of that was the Balfour declaration, which established the idea of Palestine for the Jews. The Second marker was... the creation of the State of Israel in 1948. These people NEED to encourage all Jews to go back to the Ancient land of Israel, as this is a requirement for the second coming... and why they support Israel. This support is not because we love Jews... but because in the end of days 50K among them will convert while the rest will die, since they will not be perfected... yes a holocaust. It is sick... but that is the truth. These people wish for a SECOND holocaust.

There is more...

These people believe in Godly signs and in people being anointed by the Lord to take on his mission on Earth, and to suffer through the passage of the Christ... and to become Christ like... why the martyrdom of the Sarah matters... she is seen as anointed by the Lord to fight for the True People of Israel, and why the appropriate symbols such as blood libel. Attacks on The Sarah are attacks on the real Christians, and after all his church will be attacked in the end of days by those who do not believe in the Lord and his ways. This is yet another sign of the end of days.

This is why this is not a toning down. This is why this is a huge escalation.

Oh and this is very truly just the tip of the iceberg of the eschatology we are dealing with. This is not anymore about Sarah for President, but Sarah the Persecuted, as Jews were and are... as the true Church will be persecuted. They see her as either Sarah (the mother) or Deborah (the Prophet)...

And I know for secular Americans all of this is truly crazee talk. But there are enough Identity Christians and Dominionists who understand this very well. No, they are not the same thing, but they share major elements of this eschatology, end of days... so pay attention, and chiefly do NOT underestimate or think they do not know what they are doing. They know exactly what they are doing.

Oh and that speech... put a huge target on the "liberal Media." and on "liberal pundits." What a twisted view of Christians and our beliefs. He puts enough truth in, but then twists and/or lies about the rest. If it weren't so pathetic it would be funny.

OneGrassRoot Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Jan-13-11 03:16 PM
Response to Reply #22
39. I agree...

As I said, I don't take her seriously as a national figure, but fully recognize she has devout followers who do.

I've been asking the same question, and posing the question to others: Why do Limbaugh, Palin, Beck, et al have such a loyal following?

Palin has the "feminine" touch that I think makes them all feel better about following her, and defending her. I can't be more eloquent about it than that for the moment, but hopefully you know what I mean.

She spouts the same "god, guns and gays rhetoric, but coming from a female -- an attractive female, as many see her -- is the golden ticket for them.

She whips people up into the same frenzy Limbaugh does, but she does it with a smile and a wink. I think they're all very confused by many things since a black man became president, and she's suddenly there to guide them. I also think it's a plus that she's NOT a politician any longer, in their eyes. Michelle Bachmann could fill the same role if Palin were to back off, but she's too much of an "insider" for them. Plus, I don't think she poses with guns as much. Oh yes, Obama becomes president and suddenly we're "confused" because we certainly couldn't simply not agree with his political views and plans.:rolleyes:

jwirr Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Jan-13-11 04:10 PM
Response to Reply #9
56. And her followers believe she has a chance at election because

she one of the "chosen ones".
nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jan-13-11 02:57 PM
Response to Reply #12
16. I know, and the funny thing is that people like Buchanan Updated at 2:48 PM

who like them are in for a shock. They are NOT part of the saved. I mean he is a dirty Catholic.

So they face the same fate as we dirty Jews... convert or die in this world view.

I almost feel dirty typing that, but it is almost... know thy enemy, know thyself.

cbdo2007 (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jan-13-11 02:59 PM
Response to Original message
19. Ok, ok I get what you're saying.

I do believe Palin has extreme delusions of grandeur, but I really don't think SHE thinks she is the one who is Christ like or that she thinks the end of days is upon us.

I'm pretty sure 99% of stuff she says and does is controlled by other people, so it may be someone else playing her as a puppet in all of this but I don't think Palin is smart enough to try to take on this battle by herself. If anything, she's looking worse and worse through the 2.5 years we've known her now, and if this is truly her belief, it has an expiration time line - 2016 when Obama leaves office.

The number of Christians who trust in and believe and follow Sarah Palin is very small. Catholics for one, don't give one rats ass about her. It's just the far right fundamentalist groups, of which they are a small minority of Christians in America. I'm guessing even most of them are backing away from her after this. The only people really fighting FOR Palin are the other people who latch on to whatever is happening for publicity - Hannity, Beck, Limbaugh.

kctim (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jan-13-11 04:20 PM
Response to Reply #28
59. And you believe

that they believe Palin has been annointed? Am I understanding that correctly?

Do you believe Palin believes she has been annointed? Is there proof she is into all of this kind of stuff?

Just asking questions. Not a religious person in the very least, but I find this theory very interesting.
nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jan-13-11 03:10 PM
Response to Reply #29
32. Yep. she is the current Billy Graham
nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jan-13-11 04:05 PM
Response to Reply #48
53. 2033 Updated at 2:48 PM

mark your calendar.

ipfilter (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jan-13-11 04:07 PM
Response to Reply #53
54. I haven't kept up with them in a while. What does 2033 mean to them now?

nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jan-13-11 04:11 PM
Response to Reply #54
57. The death and resurrection Updated at 2:48 PM

no they have not gone there, but Christ died on the year 33... so 2033 makes sense when the rest don't come true. It will be taken as the NEXT date. So there's a few hundred or maybe a few thousand people who think they can put a date on the end time, and brzezinsk thinks that he can claim Sarah Palin and all "fundamentalists" ie. every conservative Christian, agrees. ANd old brzie thinks he can read minds and knows that 2033 "will be the next date".

They shoot themselves in the foot with this nonsense. And they wonder why we laugh at them and don't take them seriously.

SarasotaRepub
01-13-2011, 09:36 PM
I think nadin's a she and she's been on a roll lately. :D

Gingersnap
01-13-2011, 10:46 PM
"These people"....I'm one of those people and Palin is just a politician. Not part of the End Times, not a false Christ, nothing but a human. :rolleyes:

The Night Owl
01-14-2011, 09:30 AM
The church Sarah Palin attended for decades believes that mankind is living in End Times and that the return of Jesus is imminent. Whether Palin believes this or not is an open question but surprisingly (or perhaps not surprisingly) not one which has been asked by the media.

MountainMan
01-14-2011, 10:00 AM
The church Sarah Palin attended for decades believes that mankind is living in End Times and that the return of Jesus is imminent. Whether Palin believes this or not is an open question but surprisingly (or perhaps not surprisingly) not one which has been asked by the media.

Every Christian church believes that to so extent or another. This is no big deal except to a bunch of atheists who hate Christians anyways.

Gingersnap
01-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Every Christian church believes that to so extent or another. This is no big deal except to a bunch of atheists who hate Christians anyways.

No kidding. At least her church wasn't involved in racism, cursing the country, or mangled African history. I believe "the smartest guy in the room" managed to sit through that week after week for a of couple decades.

Watching DU discuss Christianity is like watching PETA discuss medical testing involving animals. They fixate on some details that are generally unimportant to those involved and miss the bigger picture.

The Night Owl
01-14-2011, 11:28 AM

All Christians believe that Jesus will return. Not all Christians believe that the return of Jesus is imminent. Nice try.

noonwitch
01-14-2011, 11:31 AM

It'll be asked if she throws her hat into the ring in 2012. Unless she only does interviews on FOX, that is. She attends an Assemblies of God church-they are pentecostals. That is controversial in and of itself to all who are not pentecostals.

FBIGuy
01-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Their fear of and paranoia towards Sarah Palin grows exponentially each week.

The Night Owl
01-14-2011, 11:38 AM
No kidding. At least her church wasn't involved in racism, cursing the country, or mangled African history. I believe "the smartest guy in the room" managed to sit through that week after week for a of couple decades.

Week after week? How do you know that Barack Obama attended services at Trinity United Church of Christ every week? If Obama's church attendance now is any indication, he probably rarely attended church before he was elected president.

FBIGuy
01-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Week after week? How do you know that Barack Obama attended services at Trinity United Church of Christ every week? If Obama's church attendance now is any indication, he probably rarely attended church before he was elected president.

He attended often enough to call Rev. Wright his spiritual adviser and to be comfortable being married in that church.

Obama had been criticized since March 2008 when media reports showed his longtime pastor declaring on the Sunday following the September 11 attacks that the violence was a result of America's support of "state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans." Many more were appalled when Wright declared "God damn America" in a later sermon.

The pastor had an impact on Obama earlier in his life, and was once described as his spiritual guide. He married Obama and his wife Michelle, and baptized their two children. It was Wright's sermon that influenced Obama to write his biographical book The Audacity of Hope. Obama remained a member of the church following the reports but separated himself from the comments in a speech on race entitled A More Perfect Union delivered on March 18, 2008.

Continued (http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Obama_withdraws_from_Trinity_United_Church)

That suggests more than an occasional visit.

The Night Owl
01-14-2011, 11:57 AM
He attended often enough to call Rev. Wright his spiritual adviser and to be comfortable being married in that church.

Continued (http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Obama_withdraws_from_Trinity_United_Church)

That suggests more than an occasional visit.

TUCC was Obama's chuch for a long time and so it's not surprising that he got married there and that he considered the pastor of it his advisor on spiritual matters. In other words, it's true that there was a relationship between Barack Obama and Jeremiah Wright. I just don't think the relationship is necessarily indicative of Obama's church attendance.

I know it's important for you guys to believe that Obama listened to all the controversial sermons given at TUCC but there's just no evidence that he did.

FBIGuy
01-14-2011, 12:15 PM
TUCC was Obama's chuch for a long time and so it's not surprising that he got married there and that he considered the pastor of it his advisor on spiritual matters. In other words, it's true that there was a relationship between Barack Obama and Jeremiah Wright. I just don't think the relationship is necessarily indicative of Obama's church attendance.

I know it's important for you guys to believe that Obama listened to all the controversial sermons given at TUCC but there's just no evidence that he did.

I couldn't care less what church he did or didn't attend. Since you have provided no proof other than an opinion that he didn't attend often and I have offered at least some evidence that he attended more regularly than you give him credit for then evidence for now sides with my opinion. Also, knowing a thing or two about ministers, they tend to encourage those they counsel to attend the churches where they preach. It is probably through regular attendance that Obama came to trust the advice of Rev. Wright

Now concerning the highlighted part of your response, you don't know anything about me and personally. That is the problem with leftists of your ilk. You tend to paint with a rather large brush that leaves no room for individual opinions which is why you are so wrong on so many issues. When you use a stereotype as the basis for an opinion you are only speaking accurately about those few who fill the average. There are many more opinions on the each side of the average than within the average itself. Since you have lumped me in with everyone else, why don't you extrapolate on what you know about me from my posts. Let's see how accurate you are.

Gingersnap
01-14-2011, 12:41 PM

After his stint as an organizer, Obama went to Harvard Law School. He didn't officially join Trinity until several years later, when he returned to Chicago as a promising young lawyer intent on becoming a husband, a father and a professional success. Around the time Obama was baptized, he says he studied the Bible with gifted teachers who would "gently poke me about my faith." As young marrieds, Barack and Michelle (who also didn't go to church regularly as a child) went to church fairly often—two or three times a month. But after their first child, Malia, was born, they found making the effort more difficult. "I don't know if you've had the experience of taking young, squirming children to church, but it's not easy," he says. "Trinity was always packed, and so you had to get there early. And if you went to the morning service, you were looking at—it just was difficult.

Newsweek (http://www.newsweek.com/2008/07/11/finding-his-faith.html)

I take it you're not much of a churchgoer but those of us who are can generally pin down the doctrinal direction and social "tone" of a church within 3 or 4 services.

The Night Owl
01-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Newsweek (http://www.newsweek.com/2008/07/11/finding-his-faith.html)

I take it you're not much of a churchgoer but those of us who are can generally pin down the doctrinal direction and social "tone" of a church within 3 or 4 services.

So, what is your point? That Barack Obama agrees with Jeremiah Wright's most controversial statements? There is no evidence of that. In fact, Obama denounced the guy after learning of the statements and broke ties to TUCC.

AmPat
01-15-2011, 03:22 PM

:rolleyes: The "end times" started when we began putting AD after the date. Who, other than liberals, believes this is a potential attack point or political weakness? It would be another blow up in the face of liberal media if they try this.

The Night Owl
01-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Who, other than liberals, believes this is a potential attack point or political weakness?

Rational conservatives.

AmPat
01-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Rational conservatives.
You can wallow in agony when it backfires again in your face. I will be laughing at you, not with you.
Like Wiley Coyote, your liberal media never learns.:cool:

MountainMan
01-15-2011, 04:21 PM
All Christians believe that Jesus will return. Not all Christians believe that the return of Jesus is imminent. Nice try.

Define imminent? There is no time-line in that phrase. I believe that Jesus's return is imminent. He told us that two thousand years ago. Just because his clock doesn't match with ours doesn't make him wrong.

The Night Owl
01-15-2011, 04:33 PM
Define imminent? There is no time-line in that phrase. I believe that Jesus's return is imminent. He told us that two thousand years ago. Just because his clock doesn't match with ours doesn't make him wrong.

To describe an event as imminent is to describe it as about to happen. How do we know that the return of Jesus is about to happen? How do we know that the return of Jesus isn't 2000 years from now? Like you said, it's his clock.

MountainMan
01-15-2011, 04:39 PM
To describe an event as imminent is to describe it as about to happen. How do we know that the return of Jesus is about to happen? How do we know that the return of Jesus isn't 2000 years from now? Like you said, it's his clock.

Exactly. It is His clock. I know this is hard for you to comprehend TNO but the one of the tenants of Christianity is that He WILL return.

im·mi·nent
   /ˈɪmənənt/ Show Spelled Show IPA
–adjective
likely to occur at any moment; impending: [I]Her death is imminent.

"Likely to occur at ANY moment". It isn't hard to understand unless you make your whole life about disbelieving and mocking Christianity.

MountainMan
01-15-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm wondering if this wouldn't make it's own thread? Can the mods do that with with a few of these posts? Might be interesting.

The Night Owl
01-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Exactly. It is His clock. I know this is hard for you to comprehend TNO but the one of the tenants of Christianity is that He WILL return.

The issue is not about whether Christians believe Christ will return or not (they all believe that) but about whether they believe they can have a sense for when he will return (not all believe that).

"Likely to occur at ANY moment". It isn't hard to understand unless you make your whole life about disbelieving and mocking Christianity.

Likely to occur? I'm afraid the definition you chose places Sarah Palin's church even further out of the mainstream than the one I chose. That is, I'm pretty sure Christians believe the return of Jesus is certain, not merely likely. Let me know if you want to try again with a different dictionary.

AmPat
01-15-2011, 06:06 PM
The issue is not about whether Christians believe Christ will return or not (they all believe that) but about whether they believe they can have a sense for when he will return (not all believe that).

Likely to occur? I'm afraid the definition you chose places Sarah Palin's church even further out of the mainstream than the one I chose. That is, I'm pretty sure Christians believe the return of Jesus is certain, not merely likely. Let me know if you want to try again with a different dictionary.

Why is this "Sarah Palin's church?" Did she start it? Is there a Sarah Palin religious doctrine? NO! therefore you are showing a typical DUmmy tendency to let politics consume you. Your point, whatever that may be, is clouded and defeated from the start. The pervasive Christian belief is EXACTLY like the one SP and the Church she attends believes. It is not a Sarah Palin belief.

The Night Owl
01-15-2011, 06:19 PM
Why is this "Sarah Palin's church?" Did she start it? Is there a Sarah Palin religious doctrine? NO! therefore you are showing a typical DUmmy tendency to let politics consume you. Your point, whatever that may be, is clouded and defeated from the start.

The term "Sarah Palin's church" is shorthand for "the church Sarah Palin attended for over two decades" and is not intended to imply that she is part of the leadership of that church.

The pervasive Christian belief is EXACTLY like the one SP and the Church she attends believes. It is not a Sarah Palin belief.

I think most Christians believe what the Bible teaches, which is that only God can know how near End Times are.

AmPat
01-15-2011, 07:34 PM
The term "Sarah Palin's church" is shorthand for "the church Sarah Palin attended for over two decades" and is not intended to imply that she is part of the leadership of that church.

I think most Christians believe what the Bible teaches, which is that only God can know how near End Times are.

The Bible does indeed teach that "only the Father knows the day." That is not an indictment on Churches that teach that these are the end times or end of days. Churches who claim a CERTAIN or specific day are foolish. If you have a problem with this Bible teaching Church, debate it. It is not a subject initiated , originated, or named after Sarah Palin. That is the objection. It is a Christian belief, not a specific Christian belief.

The Night Owl
01-15-2011, 09:31 PM
The Bible does indeed teach that "only the Father knows the day." That is not an indictment on Churches that teach that these are the end times or end of days. Churches who claim a CERTAIN or specific day are foolish. If you have a problem with this Bible teaching Church, debate it. It is not a subject initiated , originated, or named after Sarah Palin. That is the objection. It is a Christian belief, not a specific Christian belief.

The Bible teaches that Jesus will return when we least expect him and so it's heretical to put any kind of time frame, general or specific, on the return. In other words, to claim that the return of Jesus is imminent is to claim that Jesus will return when we are expecting him. That's heresy! Don't do it... unless you're like me-- an infidel.

Carol
01-15-2011, 10:08 PM
The bible also teaches that there are certain SIGNS of the end times. More and more we see those signs around us. And no matter what you say, today we are closer to the end of time than we were yesterday.

And how surprising that you, a self identified infidel, an unbeliever tells Christians what and how we are to believe from our holy book that you DO NOT believe in. NOT!!!

Adam Wood
01-16-2011, 08:43 AM
So, what is your point? That Barack Obama agrees with Jeremiah Wright's most controversial statements? There is no evidence of that. In fact, Obama denounced the guy after learning of the statements and broke ties to TUCC.LMAO! More historical revisionism from TNO.

Suuuuurrrre, Obama only learned of "God Damn America" from the media. Nnneeeeevvverrrr heard of it before that.

What a colossal truckload of steaming, festering horseshit. Nobody actually believes that crap. Not even you.

movie buff
01-16-2011, 09:15 AM
The DUmmies once again reveal what ignorant morons they are when it comes to the Christian faith. All they know about the faith are what 'The Simpsons,' 'The Daily Show,' and Seth MacFarlane's shows tell them. They combine that with their own hatred of Sarah Palin and conservatives and CHristians in general, and presto- You get this DU thread.

Calypso Jones
01-16-2011, 10:21 AM
I do think that we are in the end times. But the Messiah will not return until the Anti Christ makes his appearance...not to mention the 7 year treaty with Israel. And this is not going to be fun. There will be a lot of death and destruction and non believers and Christians alike are going to die. Just be a big difference in where they end up afterwards.

Yukon
01-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Real Christians would NOT refuse medical aid to the poor, real Christians would NOT punish a man by killing him by injecting poison into his arm or electrocuting him, real Christians would NOT deny the poor welfare. Bogus Christians do these things and they shall be cast out into the eternal pits of fire and there will surely be weeping and knashing of teeth.

Lager
01-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Interesting how you automatically assume that real charity is only valid if it's filtered thru an inefficient, bloated, and special interest laden entity such as the government. If you truly hope to grow up to be a real liberal, you have to read deeper into their talking points. You're on fire today. Perhaps one too many Mountain Dews already?

AmPat
01-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Real Christians would NOT refuse medical aid to the poor, real Christians would NOT punish a man by killing him by injecting poison into his arm or electrocuting him, real Christians would NOT deny the poor welfare. Bogus Christians do these things and they shall be cast out into the eternal pits of fire and there will surely be weeping and knashing of teeth.

"Real Christians" are not shamed into giving money to Nanny McGovernment to spend their money. Real Christians do it voluntarily without fanfare.

Adam Wood
01-16-2011, 11:13 AM
Real Christians would NOT refuse medical aid to the poor, real Christians would NOT punish a man by killing him by injecting poison into his arm or electrocuting him, real Christians would NOT deny the poor welfare. Bogus Christians do these things and they shall be cast out into the eternal pits of fire and there will surely be weeping and knashing of teeth.You don't know anything about Christianity, and your mischaracterizations fall flat.

movie buff
01-16-2011, 01:03 PM
"Real Christians" are not shamed into giving money to Nanny McGovernment to spend their money. Real Christians do it voluntarily without fanfare.

Amen!
Yukon joins the proud ranks of liberal Socialists who try and make it seem like those who are opposed to mandatory wealth redistribution and ineffective government programs that rely on it are automatically all a bunch of greedy, heartless misers who don't care about the poor. He further joins the elite, extra- contemptible ranks of those who would try to justify this through perverting the Bible.
Yukon,
Christians are called to help the poor through free- will, completely voluntary donations of time, money, and other resources simply because it's the right thing to do, not because they are being forced to do so by the government. If you help the needy because you are forced to by the government, it doesn't say much about your character, but if you do it completely of your own free will without any such prodding, it says a lot about it.
Furthermore, many Christians may believe that the government is incapable of wisely using their money for such programs, instead wasting it on programs that don't work or that the Christians would not approve of (i.e. taxpayer money used to fund Planned Parenthood clinics). Hence, they prefer free- will charitable giving in which they can plainly see exactly how their money is being used and make sure it is actually doing good for people.

Calypso Jones
01-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Where did you get the idea that God is against capital punishment...is it from your unification church?

When the Pharisees brought a woman who was caught in the act of adultery to Jesus and asked Him if she should be stoned, Jesus replied, “If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her” (John 8:7). This should not be used to indicate that Jesus rejected capital punishment in all instances. Jesus was simply exposing the hypocrisy of the Pharisees. The Pharisees wanted to trick Jesus into breaking the Old Testament law; they did not truly care about the woman being stoned (where was the man who was caught in adultery?) God is the One who instituted capital punishment: “Whoever sheds man's blood, by man his blood shall be shed, for in the image of God He made man” (Genesis 9:6). Jesus would support capital punishment in some instances. Jesus also demonstrated grace when capital punishment was due (John 8:1-11). The apostle Paul definitely recognized the power of the government to institute capital punishment where appropriate (Romans 13:1-7).

How should a Christian view the death penalty? First, we must remember that God has instituted capital punishment in His Word; therefore, it would be presumptuous of us to think that we could institute a higher standard. God has the highest standard of any being; He is perfect. This standard applies not only to us but to Himself. Therefore, He loves to an infinite degree, and He has mercy to an infinite degree. We also see that He has wrath to an infinite degree, and it is all maintained in a perfect balance.

Second, we must recognize that God has given government the authority to determine when capital punishment is due (Genesis 9:6; Romans 13:1-7). It is unbiblical to claim that God opposes the death penalty in all instances. Christians should never rejoice when the death penalty is employed, but at the same time, Christians should not fight against the government’s right to execute the perpetrators of the most evil of crimes.

Got Questions.com

The Night Owl
01-16-2011, 02:50 PM
Calypso Jones is right. If the Bible is to be believed, then Jesus was in favor of the death penalty. The Bible teaches that long before Jesus... well... fathered himself, he executed nearly the entire human population on Earth.

Zathras
01-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Herp, derp, derp, herp.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/HeroesAtWork/462.jpg

The Night Owl
01-16-2011, 02:53 PM
I do think that we are in the end times. But the Messiah will not return until the Anti Christ makes his appearance...not to mention the 7 year treaty with Israel. And this is not going to be fun. There will be a lot of death and destruction and non believers and Christians alike are going to die. Just be a big difference in where they end up afterwards.

{yawn}

Calypso Jones
01-16-2011, 02:55 PM
{yawn}- the night bucket owl

i know. your intellect is so superior we should all consider it a kindness for you to even respond to our poor pathetic attempts.

Yukon
01-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Their fear of and paranoia towards Sarah Palin grows exponentially each week.

Crazy Sarah did herself in with her looney comment about a "blood libel" on TV the other night. Everyone else was mourning the senseless deaths in AZ and crazy Sarah goes on a baout a blood libel. In my humble opinion, from the Great White North, she's crazy.

Apache
01-16-2011, 03:10 PM

And of course you have proof of these allegations...

nope, didn't see them :rolleyes:

Apache
01-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Crazy Sarah did herself in with her looney comment about a "blood libel" on TV the other night. Everyone else was mourning the senseless deaths in AZ and crazy Sarah goes on a baout a blood libel. In my humble opinion, from the Great White North, she's crazy.

Does it hurt?

Zathras
01-16-2011, 03:29 PM
I have a terminal case of RCIS (Rectal-Cranial Insertion Sydrome) that has rotted my mind to nothing. Pay no attention to the idiocy that I post.

Fixed for accuracy...guess I'm going to get reported again. :D

Yukon
01-16-2011, 03:30 PM
And of course you have proof of these allegations...

nope, didn't see them :rolleyes:

APACHE,
Yes my child. Please read the Books of Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John in the King James version of the Holy Bible. The proof is there.

Apache
01-16-2011, 03:43 PM
APACHE,
Yes my child. Please read the Books of Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John in the King James version of the Holy Bible. The proof is there.

No no no, I'm looking for the refusing of medical aid, the poor blah blah blah....I wouldn't dream of testing your vast knowledge of the Bible :rolleyes:

Adam Wood
01-16-2011, 04:04 PM
APACHE,
Hey! Lying Leftist! Are you ever going to answer any questions, or are you just going to continue to be a lying Leftist?

The Night Owl
01-16-2011, 04:20 PM
{yawn}- the night bucket owl

i know. your intellect is so superior we should all consider it a kindness for you to even respond to our poor pathetic attempts.

I was yawning at the wrath of God, not at your post. I didn't mean to create the impression that I was bored by your post and I apologize if I came off that way.

Yukon
01-16-2011, 05:07 PM
APACHE,

I answered your question my son. If my answer was not that which you wanted than so-be-it. Pray tell but tell me what you want to hear, what is the answer you want?

hampshirebrit
01-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Tell you what, Yukon.

Stop all the "my son" and "my child" bullshit, and I won't ban you... yet.

Deal?

Yukon
01-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Tell you what, Yukon.

Stop all the "my son" and "my child" bullshit, and I won't ban you... yet.

Deal?

No problem. It's a term we here in Canada use on a regular basis to express friendly discussion. However, I will not use the term any longer. Thank you.

Apache
01-16-2011, 05:28 PM
APACHE,

I answered your question my son. If my answer was not that which you wanted than so-be-it. Pray tell but tell me what you want to hear, what is the answer you want?

You implied people calling themselves Christians weren't " real christians" by refusing medical aid or denying the poor welfare...etc etc.

What group/s? Names and proof...

m00
01-16-2011, 08:52 PM
No problem. It's a term we here in Canada use on a regular basis to express friendly discussion. However, I will not use the term any longer. Thank you.

Dude, I have never heard anyone call anyone else "my son" or "my child."

movie buff
01-17-2011, 08:26 AM

1. I vacation in Canada every summer, and I am friends with a few locals there, and yet I've never heard any of them use that term.
2. I notice you conveniently ignored those replies that shot down your idiotic perversion of Scripture, including my own.

Yukon
01-17-2011, 09:12 AM
1. I vacation in Canada every summer, and I am friends with a few locals there, and yet I've never heard any of them use that term.
2. I notice you conveniently ignored those replies that shot down your idiotic perversion of Scripture, including my own.

Jesus' compassion to mankind is evident throughout the New Testament. I simply defined what many consider to be compassionate jestures. Im saddened that you fail to recognize that.

With respect to your visits to Canada I'm quite certain that the people you visit are not in the same category as those that use the terms are referenced. I am surprised though to hear that you have been to the Great White North.

Adam Wood
01-17-2011, 09:14 AM
Hey! Lying Leftist! Are you ever going to answer any questions, or are you just going to continue to be a lying Leftist?Hellllloooooo!!!1 Lying Leftist! You've got about a dozen questions that you haven't answered yet. Are you just going to be a cowardly little troll and avoid them or are you actually going to answer them?

Yukon
01-17-2011, 09:17 AM
I attempt to answer every question I receive. However, I do get numerous questions continuously and I miss many of them. I am sorry my friend. If you hve a question please send it to me and I will answer it for you. You will receive priority.

Calypso Jones
01-17-2011, 09:28 AM
I was yawning at the wrath of God, not at your post. I didn't mean to create the impression that I was bored by your post and I apologize if I came off that way.

if i misunderstood then i stand corrected.

Adam Wood
01-17-2011, 09:39 AM
I attempt to answer every question I receive. However, I do get numerous questions continuously and I miss many of them. I am sorry my friend. If you hve a question please send it to me and I will answer it for you. You will receive priority.

Questions you have ourtright avoided:

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?p=360821#post360821

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?p=359418#post359418

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?p=359395#post359395

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?p=359463#post359463

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?p=359521#post359521

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?p=359579#post359579

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?p=359945#post359945

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?p=360037#post360037

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?p=359295#post359295

Questions you have attempted to evade:

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?p=360146#post360146

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?p=360729#post360729

Apache
01-17-2011, 09:41 AM

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo290/mindyobeeznis/retarded.jpg

Zathras
01-17-2011, 11:58 AM
I attempt to avoid every question I receive. However, I do get numerous questions continuously and I avoid many of them. I am sorry my friend. If you hve a question please send it to me and I will give you a bullshit answer. This because I'm a liberal waste of skin and the truth is foreign to me.

Fixed

Hey Pukeon, you can drop the "my friend" bull shit too. You are no "friend" to anyone here.

movie buff
01-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Jesus' compassion to mankind is evident throughout the New Testament. I simply defined what many consider to be compassionate jestures. Im saddened that you fail to recognize that.

With respect to your visits to Canada I'm quite certain that the people you visit are not in the same category as those that use the terms are referenced. I am surprised though to hear that you have been to the Great White North.
1. You are openly perverting Jesus' calls for compassion from what they were meant to be by Him (Free- will, voluntary donations by people to help the less fortunate simply because it's the right thing to do) into what you and the other ultra- liberals merely wish that He said (Supporting mandatory wealth redistribution by the government which people do because they are forced to do so). I regularly help the needy through food drives, toy drives, etc.. I've worked in soup kitchens, and soon will be regularly volunteering at a homeless shelter. I often try to keep a little food in my car so that if I were to come across a homeless person while going about my business I'll have something to give him. Don't try and tell me that I'm not living up to Jesus' call to help the needy simply because I don't believe that Socialistic universal health care systems are a good idea.
2. As I said, my family's been up there for vacations every summer ever since I can remember, especially now that we have our own cabin (As a result, my parents, my brother, and his wife regularly go up there on President's Day weekend, as well). While the areas in Canada that I visit are mainly centered around a very small town in Northern Ontario, I've occasionally met with people from other areas as well (i.e. when arranging for new furniture for our cabin or whatever), and the only regional sort of term I've ever heard from any of them is the occasional "Eh?".

Calypso Jones
01-18-2011, 01:35 PM
what is this technique that leftists use on those that disagree with them espeically when they, the leftist, gets his butt handed to him? Once the lefty has lost the argument AND HE KNOWS IT, suddenly he begins pitying his opponent for hardheartedness and loss of the understanding of God's word. WHAT is that called...cause i am seeing this ALL OVER THE PLACE.

txradioguy
01-18-2011, 01:47 PM
what is this technique that leftists use on those that disagree with them espeically when they, the leftist, gets his butt handed to him? Once the lefty has lost the argument AND HE KNOWS IT, suddenly he begins pitying his opponent for hardheartedness and loss of the understanding of God's word. WHAT is that called...cause i am seeing this ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Umm...pathetic?