PDA

View Full Version : Family charged 'death tax' for baby who lived one hour

MountainMan
01-14-2011, 03:26 AM
SEATTLE -- Olivia Clark lived for only one hour. Doctors didn't even expect her to survive birth. Now her family has a hard time understanding why the King County Medical Examiner has to review her death and charge $50.

King 5 News Link (http://www.king5.com/news/local/Family-charged-with-death-tax-for-baby-who-lives-one-hour-113256474.html)

This is why I hate liberals.

The hospital we went to last year where my wife miscarried is in King County. Due to the fact the baby was stillborn, we weren't subject to the tax but I guarantee you this, if we would have been, there would have been a shit storm.

wilbur
01-14-2011, 09:48 AM
As a member of the religious right, I find this outrageous. That baby didnt live for 1 hour, it lived for 9 months and 1 hour!! Taxes begin at conception!

noonwitch
01-14-2011, 09:54 AM
In Michigan, the medical examiner reviews the death of any child, as does CPS (in our county, the director reviews the ME's report). I don't think the parents get charged for the ME's review, and I know they don't get charged for the CPS review.

Even if a kid dies of cancer at Children's Hospital, and he's received appropriate treatment, the case still gets reviewed.

bijou
01-14-2011, 10:04 AM
As a member of the religious right, I find this outrageous. That baby didnt live for 1 hour, it lived for 9 months and 1 hour!! Taxes begin at conception!

So there should be a tax on abortions?

MountainMan
01-14-2011, 10:46 AM

You are a piece of shit, you know that? :rolleyes:

The ME doesn't need to look at every death and for God's sake, a tax just for dieing? This is why Washington is going the way of California and that isn't a good thing.

Rockntractor
01-14-2011, 10:50 AM
You are a piece of shit, you know that? :rolleyes:

The ME doesn't need to look are every death and for God's sake, a tax just for dieing? This is why Washington is going the way of California and that isn't a good thing.

I wouldn't have thought that Wilbur would scoff mockingly at the death of a child.
I'm not sure that human life has started in him at any age, a soulless hull.

MountainMan
01-14-2011, 10:54 AM
I wouldn't have thought that Wilbur would scoff mockingly at the death of a child.

Wilbur is a perfect example of how the left views a life, as a means of monetary value for the collective. I pray everyday for idiots like Wilbur....

Gingersnap
01-14-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm not sure what to think of this. Some (but not all) deaths do need review and examination and that's got to be paid for in some way. Rather than adding a fee (or tax) to the bill for dying, it would be more sensitive and just smarter to add this to the local taxes of the county. It's the living, after all, who care about the cause of death.

Zafod
01-14-2011, 11:32 AM

you are a dammed pile of shit....

Yukon
01-14-2011, 11:55 AM
This is why I hate liberals.

The hospital we went to last year where my wife miscarried is in King County. Due to the fact the baby was stillborn, we weren't subject to the tax but I guarantee you this, if we would have been, there would have been a shit storm.

So it's a Liberal - Conservative thing is it? I bet you think the AZ sheriff was wrong in asserting that the lack of civility may have led to the shooting. Comments like yours inflames people. I think you're sick.

Zafod
01-14-2011, 12:01 PM
So it's a Liberal - Conservative thing is it? I bet you think the AZ sheriff was wrong in asserting that the lack of civility may have led to the shooting. Comments like your inflame people. I think you're sick.

Dupnik is a fucking idiot.

Yukon
01-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Dupnik is a fucking idiot.

Actually he is no such thing. The man was voicing an opinion which is shared by many rational, mature, logical adult people. The hatred spewed by idiots like Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, and Coulter spawned the TEA Baggers and most certainly contributes to criminal activity.

Gingersnap
01-14-2011, 12:06 PM
So it's a Liberal - Conservative thing is it? I bet you think the AZ sheriff was wrong in asserting that the lack of civility may have led to the shooting. Comments like yours inflames people. I think you're sick.

Don't hijack this tread. Go post in one of the many threads about the AZ shooting or the now-known-to-be-false assertions made by the sheriff.

This thread is about Kings County and their tax issues.

Yukon
01-14-2011, 12:09 PM
My apologies.

Zafod
01-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Actually he is no such thing. The man was voicing an opinion which is shared by many rational, mature, logical adult people. The hatred spewed by idiots like Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, and Coulter spawned the TEA Baggers and most certainly contributes to criminal activity.

great another canadian ignoring their own country shittyness.

wilbur
01-14-2011, 12:37 PM

I thought you guys liked satire!

FBIGuy
01-14-2011, 12:40 PM

Are you always this big of a dickhead? What the hell does that have to do with the story you thread hijacking moron?

Rockntractor
01-14-2011, 12:42 PM
I thought you guys liked satire!

We do but you will have to work a little harder at it.

Yukon
01-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Perhaps it would be wise if the Government clarified how long you have to live before paying a death tax - maybe 24 hours would be the minimum and than you are taxed.

NJCardFan
01-14-2011, 12:51 PM

So you think it's the place of a law enforcement official to place his own political beliefs into the conversation even before the bodies have cooled? Does the term "justice is blind" have no meaning to libs like you. And there is no liberal hate? So, I suppose a congressman saying a governor should be put against a wall and shot is done out of love? Thank you for proving my point about liberals. Oh, kindly list all of the acts of violence by Tea Partiers. I'll wait.

And Wilbur, you are a piece of rat shit if there ever was one. Way to mock the death of a baby.

Calypso Jones
01-14-2011, 01:06 PM

guys. i think you took this wrong...although i am still relatively new here. If the left accepts it for tax purposes it would set precedence. would it not? remember. INcrementalism.

Wei Wu Wei
01-14-2011, 01:42 PM
LIBERALS!!

damn yooouuu

Wei Wu Wei
01-14-2011, 01:46 PM
King County now requires a review of every death. The medical examiner instituted the $50 fee for cremations three years ago. This year, it included the fee for burials as well.

Obama!! how could you?!

when will these liberals stop? everyone knows the Medical Examiner is run by the Leftist Council to Smash Capitalism. Reagan is rolling in his grave. shame on the LEFT!!

Wei Wu Wei
01-14-2011, 01:46 PM
"death tax"? i've heard that somewhere, oh wait! that's what liberals want!!

damn you alll to hellllll

Gingersnap
01-14-2011, 01:51 PM
What's wrong with you, Wu Wu?

This story is about a completely tone-deaf tax. Nobody is disputing that the Medical Examiner's office needs funding. It's the insensitive way the county went about collecting for it that is the issue. They could have put this funding issue in any number of other taxes and fees.

Wei Wu Wei
01-14-2011, 01:55 PM
It's a stupid way to fund a program, which has literally nothing at all to do with liberals or conservatives. I'm done with it anyway.

MountainMan
01-15-2011, 05:25 PM
It's a stupid way to fund a program, which has literally nothing at all to do with liberals or conservatives. I'm done with it anyway.

Is it a stupid way to fund programs? Hell yes it is but where you are wrong is that it has everything to do with whether or not it is liberal or conservative. King County has been run by liberals for well over 25 years now. It is close to financial ruin. This "death tax" is just a microcosm of just how liberalism works with regards to all forms of government.