PDA

View Full Version : I'm off to have dinner tonight with an old friend

SarasotaRepub
01-14-2011, 08:14 PM
And here we have a DUer that can't help telling the planet he knows a 1st class Libtard and a racist... (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x195926)

DFW (1000+ posts) Thu Jan-13-11 05:58 PM
Original message I'm off to have dinner tonight with an old friendhttp://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/transparent.gif

Like 90 years old.

This will be the first time I've visited with Helen Thomas since she took the job with the Falls Church (Virginia) News-Press.

I talked with her briefly a few minutes ago on the phone about Obama's speech, which she read, but did not hear.
I think she would have been somewhat more forgiving if she had heard his voice deliver it. She said it sounded
good, but asked why he didn't take on the gun lobby in it. I said I thought Obama made the right choice not to
be confrontational on the issue at this particular venue, with so many of the families of the victims present.

Helen retorted, "if not now, when?" She is feisty (and stupid) as ever, and even if I disagree with her on this point, I love
her fighting spirit as much as ever. This, as always with Helen, will not be boring.

I will be sure to say from her DU fans to her. (DUmmies, she doesn't care two shits about you fools, if she did, don't you wonder why she hasn't joined and posted her screeds??? Hello...)

*to those who still harbor her ill will, don't bother slamming her, or me. You'll be wasting your breath. She has
been a friend for many decades, since I was a kid, and I won't change my dinner plans (leaving in 5 minutes anyway),
or my friendship with her due to negative posts about her, even if they happen to contain arguments I may agree with.

The DUmmies await DFW's report back with baited breath!!!!

DFW (1000+ posts) Fri Jan-14-11 12:29 AM
Response to Original message (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x195926#195926)

23. Back now from Washington with a report http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/transparent.gifEdited on Fri Jan-14-11 01:29 AM by DFW

I left immediately after posting, so I saw no one's post before I got back. (No one on DU really cares DFW...)

She is most upset about what she calls "the lack of humanity" in our Republican opposition:
the not caring about what happens to those Americans who can't take care of themselves.

On firearms, my nephew came up with the best suggestion--he may be the Democrats' counter
to Frank Luntz if he keeps coming up with suggestions like this: don't call any bills
designed to stop the unfettered spread of handguns "gun control." The radical right
reacts negatively to anything containing "control (never mind that Rupert Murdoch is
already controlling their minds)." Instead call any such legislation an "Anti-Murder
Act." After all, the Republicans won't get far saying they're "pro-murder," will they?
(on second thought, don't answer that!)
(DFW...tell your nephew to NOT give up his day job...assuming he has one. )

Helen also recounted, at my request, some episodes with JFK. She said he had the quickest
mind of any of the presidents under which she had served--and a wicked sense of humor as
well. Secret Service security wasn't the huge net it is now, and she sometimes got to stroll
with Kennedy on the way to some function or other. Once, it was on the way to a Saint Patrick's
Day function, and she told him, "it's a great day to be Irish, isn't it, Mr. President?" He
smiled and came back with, "Yes, so what are YOU doing here?" Another time, JFK asked her if
she was coming with him on some trip overseas? She said no, she would only be accompanying him
to church some Sunday. Kennedy immediately said, "Ah, so you get all the really choice assignments!"
Helen said that no other president matched Kennedy's quick wit and humor. (Wow! Isn't that so kute???? :rolleyes:)

We even talked a little about the Middle East. There was one incident at which none of us was
present: the 1993 Oslo accords. Someone noticed that Rabin and King Hussein seemed a little too
comfortable with each other for two men who had supposedly just met, and asked how long they had
known each other. Both ducked the question, so as not to be assassinated by their own people for
having communicated with the "enemy" for so long.

We also talked about personal stuff, as she is of a generation with my parents, whom she knew
for practically fifty years (!!). We talked about Howard, her new posting, and other stuff.

Oh, yeah, and she says "Hi right back at ya!" to DU. (Yeah, sure she does...)

Not as many replies as I'd expect...could be the DUmmies really don't give a shit about Helen now or they are still so wrapped up in their hatred of Palin that a Helen Thomas thread is just small fry...:D

FDK
01-14-2011, 08:21 PM
I call BS. There's no way anyone could eat while looking across the table at Helen Thomas.:D

Rockntractor
01-14-2011, 08:24 PM
I call BS. There's no way anyone could eat while looking across the table at Helen Thomas.:D

A buzzard could.

3rd-try
01-14-2011, 09:04 PM
A buzzard could.

if the lights were low

hoplophobe
01-14-2011, 09:30 PM
If her face was obscurred by a feed bag maybe?

I might feel bad about saying that if she wasn't an anti-Semite.

Dan D. Doty
01-14-2011, 10:59 PM
If her face was obscurred by a feed bag maybe?

I might feel bad about saying that if she wasn't an anti-Semite.

The only thing I can say for certain is that she is an anti-Semite and the Moonbats seem to love her all the more for it :rolleyes:

movie buff
01-16-2011, 09:12 AM

There's no way anyone could look at Helen Thomas's face at that close of a proximity without turning to stone!

marv
01-16-2011, 10:47 AM
There's no way anyone could look at Helen Thomas's face at that close of a proximity without turning to stone!

http://www.mediaite.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/thomas_6-7.jpg

NJCardFan
01-16-2011, 10:56 AM
the not caring about what happens to those Americans who can't take care of themselves.
:rolleyes:

See, this is where DUmmies lose the argument. I know of not one conservative who isn't all for helping those who can't help themselves. We don't want to help people who are perfectly capable of helping themselves but refuse because it's easier to live off of the government teat. If conservatives were against helping those who can't help themselves, then liberals would be ahead of conservatives in charitable donations.

Yukon
01-16-2011, 11:05 AM
BON APETIT my child !

NJCardFan
01-16-2011, 11:06 AM
BON APETIT my child !

#1, I am not your child and #2, I'm still waiting for you to have the nads to answer my question.

Oh, and it's Bon Appetit. You're illiterate in 2 languages aren't you.

Zathras
01-16-2011, 11:25 AM
#1, I am not your child and #2, I'm still waiting for you to have the nads to answer my question.

Oh, and it's Bon Appetit. You're illiterate in 2 languages aren't you.

Pukeon is just plain illiterate, not just in 2 languages, but in pretty much everything in the world.

obx
01-16-2011, 12:20 PM
"Waiter, Alpo for two please."

Pulpfishin
01-16-2011, 01:08 PM
BON APETIT my child !

No thank you,
Please feel free to keep shoveling Trudeau's man sausage down your throat.
(You obviously have been swallowing it for quite some time)