PDA

View Full Version : Reince Priebus new RNC Chairman

fettpett
01-14-2011, 09:31 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/14/AR2011011406697.html?sid=ST2011011406780

By Jason Horowitz
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, January 14, 2011; 9:07 PM
Reince Priebus, the newly elected chairman of the Republican National Committee, is most notable for not being named Michael Steele."Wow, thank you," Priebus told the committee after winning the chairmanship Friday evening. Wearing a my-name-is sticker on the lapel of his suit, the diminutive Wisconsin man knocked a giant gavel three times on a lectern bearing the elephant emblem of the GOP.

Speaking with an upper-Midwestern accent, Priebus immediately thanked God and "Jesus for this moment," and he urged the committee to come together to elect "conservative candidates." After acknowledging the "steep hill here ahead of us," he concluded his short speech by saying, "I am completely humbled to have the opportunity to lead this amazing party."

In style and substance, Reince Priebus (pronounced Rye-ence Pree-bus) represents a clear contrast to Steele, his predecessor as chairman. Steele was tapped to lead the party two years ago after the GOP had been rocked by Barack Obama's victory and with the committee seeking a dramatic change in direction and appearance.

Hopefully he'll be better than Steele, that shouldn't be hard

He's from Kenosha, WI which isn't far from my Hometown of Delavan. Pretty cool to see more High Profile Wisconsinites in the new that aren't Libtards.

Rockntractor
01-14-2011, 09:34 PM
This is one I am not familiar with.

Novaheart
01-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Who?

lacarnut
01-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Who?

I would like to express my sincere thanks to DNC Chair Tim Kain for doing such a bang up job in aiding Democrats to lose many Governorships and Federal and State legislators. Keep up the good work.