PDA

View Full Version : Sleepwalker is Cleared of Raping Teenage Girl

megimoo
01-15-2011, 01:55 AM
A MAN who admitted having non-consensual sex with a teenage girl has walked free from court after arguing he was sleepwalking at the time.Campaigners last night warned that the not proven verdict handed down to James Thomas could open the floodgates for similar defences in future.

Support group Rape Crisis Scotland said the case would set a dangerous precedent and drive down Scotland's already low rape conviction rate.Speaking outside the court, the teenager's furious mother described the verdict as "ridiculous", saying it would give people a licence to commit crime.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/news/Sleepwalker-is-cleared-of-raping.6691487.jp

Rockntractor
01-15-2011, 01:58 AM
Did they serve scotch to the jury during court?

megimoo
01-15-2011, 01:59 AM
Did they serve scotch to the jury during court?Laughing Gas !

Gingersnap
01-15-2011, 02:07 AM
I was a sleepwalker. I did some amazing things while doing it but nothing interactive. In fact, people who attempted to interact with me were met with total indifference or hostility.

Like most married people, I have had vaguely unconscious sex but that's with a constant and familiar partner in my own bed.

I seriously doubt any "sleep-walking sex" claims. Sex is (or should be) communicative, interactive, and "present" for both people. As former sleep-walker, I can tell you that none of those things happened to me.

m00
01-15-2011, 02:09 AM
As former sleep-walker, I can tell you that none of those things happened to me.

That you know of....! :eek:

Novaheart
01-15-2011, 10:17 AM
I was a sleepwalker. I did some amazing things while doing it but nothing interactive. In fact, people who attempted to interact with me were met with total indifference or hostility.

Like most married people, I have had vaguely unconscious sex but that's with a constant and familiar partner in my own bed.

I seriously doubt any "sleep-walking sex" claims. Sex is (or should be) communicative, interactive, and "present" for both people. As former sleep-walker, I can tell you that none of those things happened to me.

Two teenagers went to a party and got drunk. Given that this is the UK, I'd wager they got seriously drunk.

My money is on blackout sex. Both of them were blacked out, she came to first and thought she was being raped. Her reaction triggered his coming to.

Ever since the American college rape hysteria of the 1980's I have questioned the Rape Victim Orthodoxy which deliberately denies certain realities, infantilizes women, and destroys lives all under the banner of "believe the victim" and "don't revictimize the woman". Females can and do get stinking drunk, perhaps not with the frequency that males do, but it happens. When two stinking drunk people have sex, there is no logic to deciding that the male must have been raping them female.

Yukon
01-15-2011, 11:49 AM
There's more to this than we know.

Novaheart
01-15-2011, 12:12 PM
There's more to this than we know.

You mean, like .... DEMONIC POSSESSION????

NJCardFan
01-15-2011, 01:43 PM
You mean, like .... DEMONIC POSSESSION????

No. Bush or THE JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!

fettpett
01-15-2011, 04:07 PM
No. Bush or THE JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!

It's all Bush's fault!!!

m00
01-15-2011, 05:28 PM
So here's what I don't get. Lets say for sake of argument this guy really was sleepwalking, and this guy really did have no control over his actions and therefore is not guilty of a crime. Okay. But he is still a danger to others. So shouldn't he be in some sort of mental institute or sleep rehab center or something?