PDA

View Full Version : Should I feel guilty because I was born white?

Perilloux
01-15-2011, 09:39 AM
William769 (1000+ posts) Fri Jan-14-11 04:10 PM
Original message
Should I feel guilty because I was born white? (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x202388)

Just asking.

Of course the DUmmy response is predictable.

seabeyond (1000+ posts) Fri Jan-14-11 04:12 PM
Response to Original message
3. as i told white male sons when they were LITTLE asking this question. can acknowledge, recognize

Edited on Fri Jan-14-11 04:14 PM by seabeyond
the privilige they have simply by being born white male. that will take them a long way in this whole thing. and really, we needed just one conversation of white male guilt for them to get it and put it into perspective.

FrenchieCat (1000+ posts) Fri Jan-14-11 04:15 PM
Response to Original message
9. You should only be mindful of the privilege being born White comes with....

If you are already doing that, than I don't feel that guilt needs to play a role
in what you did not choose.

SarasotaRepub
01-15-2011, 10:06 AM
Need a linky Peri...:D

How ya doin???

djones520
01-15-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm confused about what priviliges I have because I'm white.

I wasn't eligible for Minority scholarships. I'm constantly attacked by liberals because of the skin color I was born with. I know in my work environment there is NO benefit at all to being white. Hell, it actually makes me an easier target in some parts of the world I'm required to work in.

So what benefits are there? I've still never seen a DUmmie say what they are.

Perilloux
01-15-2011, 10:18 AM
OOps! Thanks SR, it's been a while since I've posted one of these. Link is in the OP now, sorry about that.

Yukon
01-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Not me bucko. Im 100% W hite A nglo S axon P rotestant and Im proud of it. We rule the world.

AmPat
01-15-2011, 12:23 PM
William769 (1000+ posts) Fri Jan-14-11 04:10 PM
Original message
Should I feel guilty because I was born white?

Just asking.
No. You should feel guilty for being born stupid. Please terminate yourself immediately, you are wasting precious natural resources.:rolleyes:

Rockntractor
01-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Not me bucko. Im 100% W hite A nglo S axon P rotestant and Im proud of it. We rule the world.

I seriously doubt you have complete control over your bathroom habits.

AmPat
01-15-2011, 12:24 PM
OOps! Thanks SR, it's been a while since I've posted one of these. Link is in the OP now, sorry about that.

Great googly moogly, where have you been? Welcome back!

Novaheart
01-15-2011, 12:27 PM
I seriously doubt you have complete control over your bathroom habits.

:D

Dan D. Doty
01-15-2011, 12:33 PM
No. You should feel guilty for being born stupid. Please terminate yourself immediately, you are wasting precious natural resources.:rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing too.

I've run into too many goofs who believe this BS.

If they think being a W.A.M is so priviliged, then I'll take them on a tour of some local trailer park to dispell that notion really quick ... if they survive the tour.

Novaheart
01-15-2011, 12:36 PM
I'm pretty sure that I enjoy some privilege by being white. If nothing else, having parents and grandparents who were white when it mattered more than it does now, probably contributed somewhat to the ease of my less than charmed but better than ghetto existence.

On the other hand, if I were to go around looking and sounding like Eminem, would taxis pull over? Would waiters be hopeful? Would storekeepers be welcoming? Would old ladies make conversation?

Is white privilege actually the correct term?

Aren't Orientals as a race considered the least likely to harm in the US?
Aren't Orientals considered hard working, productive, smart, and economically desirable?
Aren't Orientals disproportionately in ownership, management, and the professions?

So it it really white privilege?

Perilloux
01-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Great googly moogly, where have you been? Welcome back!

Raising youngins.

I still stop in and read regularly, just haven't had much time to post.

:)

Yukon
01-15-2011, 04:03 PM
I'm pretty sure that I enjoy some privilege by being white. If nothing else, having parents and grandparents who were white when it mattered more than it does now, probably contributed somewhat to the ease of my less than charmed but better than ghetto existence.

On the other hand, if I were to go around looking and sounding like Eminem, would taxis pull over? Would waiters be hopeful? Would storekeepers be welcoming? Would old ladies make conversation?

Is white privilege actually the correct term?

Aren't Orientals as a race considered the least likely to harm in the US?
Aren't Orientals considered hard working, productive, smart, and economically desirable?
Aren't Orientals disproportionately in ownership, management, and the professions?

So it it really white privilege?

Nova,

We whites make up about 15 % of the entire population of the world (about 750 million out of close to 7 Billion) and we control science, military, medical, we are the healthiest, the richest, the most educated, the best housed, best clothed, etc. etc. i'm not at all ashamed of that and I am darn proud to be white.

Bleda
01-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Nova,

We whites make up about 15 % of the entire population of the world (about 750 million out of close to 7 Billion) and we control science, military, medical, we are the healthiest, the richest, the most educated, the best housed, best clothed, etc. etc. i'm not at all ashamed of that and I am darn proud to be white.

You do know none of that has to do with skin color, don't you? And I'm pretty sure there are more than 750 million white people in the world. Europe alone has 730 million people. Add Canada, America, Australia, the Middle East, North Africa, and the numerous white people in South America and the rest of the world and you'll have... well, more than 750 million.

SarasotaRepub
01-15-2011, 07:55 PM
Nova,

***Sigh*** You all do see why he's been banned multiple times right????:D

Novaheart
01-15-2011, 08:32 PM
Nova,

Are you using "whites" as a subset of Caucasians? Define your terms.

Bleda
01-15-2011, 08:56 PM

He thinks the only white/Caucasian people are Europeans.

FDK
01-15-2011, 09:57 PM
Nova,

The POTUS, often referred to as "the most powerful man in the world," does not happen to be white.

Dan D. Doty
01-16-2011, 02:40 AM
He thinks the only white/Caucasian people are Europeans.

You're right, Arabs and the peoples of Inda are Cauasian as well.

CueSi
01-16-2011, 02:52 AM
If anyone I hook up with asks that, I will immediately re-dress and leave.

~QC

m00
01-16-2011, 04:58 PM
If anyone I hook up with asks that, I will immediately re-dress and leave.

~QC

Has it ever come to that?

Yukon
01-16-2011, 05:03 PM

White = caucasian

Rockntractor
01-16-2011, 06:05 PM
White = caucasian

Most people from India are Caucasian.

Rockntractor
01-16-2011, 06:08 PM
White = caucasian

Why are you racist scum Yukon?:confused:

Yukon
01-16-2011, 06:55 PM
Im not a racist. On the contrary I am accepting of all races.

Rockntractor
01-16-2011, 07:08 PM
Im not a racist. On the contrary I am accepting of all races.

That wasn't what I asked you, it has already been established beyond doubt that you are racist, I'm asking why you are racist scum?

Yukon
01-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Rock,

If I appear to be racist it is unintended. I have never considered myself to be a racist therefore I really can answer your question. Sorry.

Rockntractor
01-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Rock,

If I appear to be racist it is unintended. I have never considered myself to be a racist therefore I really can answer your question. Sorry.

We need to find out what has made you this way, sad, very sad!

Yukon
01-16-2011, 07:25 PM
We need to find out what has made you this way, sad, very sad!

Im misunderstood and taken out of context.

CueSi
01-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Has it ever come to that?

I told a dude to leave because he called Condi Rice "Aunt Jemima". So, I am not going to rule the possibility of it happening. :p

~QC

m00
01-16-2011, 08:24 PM
I told a dude to leave because he called Condi Rice "Aunt Jemima". So, I am not going to rule the possibility of it happening. :p

~QC

Are you attracted to stupid men? :p

CueSi
01-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Are you attracted to stupid men? :p

I like good looking men, so that usually doesn't rule out stupid. :p

~QC

Wei Wu Wei
01-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Nova,

We whites make up about 15 % of the entire population of the world (about 750 million out of close to 7 Billion) and we control science, military, medical, we are the healthiest, the richest, the most educated, the best housed, best clothed, etc. etc.

This is true. Perhaps it can be looked at apart from questions of personal guilt, but this reality needs explanation.

m00
01-16-2011, 08:33 PM
I like good looking men, so that usually doesn't rule out stupid. :p

~QC

Attractive people never have the need to develop intelligence, compassion, or a personality. :p

Novaheart
01-16-2011, 10:51 PM

~QC

Wow, you give them explanations? I just say "Hold that thought..." and head for the door.

CueSi
01-16-2011, 10:58 PM
Wow, you give them explanations? I just say "Hold that thought..." and head for the door.

You rogue, you.

~QC

NJCardFan
01-17-2011, 01:17 AM
White = caucasian

OK, we can rule out anthropology as your "university" major. Amazing. Caucasian not exactly meaning white is something I learned in 11th grade health class. you allegedly have a degree from a "major university" and yet you do not. And you said you were knowledgeable.

Bleda
01-17-2011, 02:00 AM
OK, we can rule out anthropology as your "university" major. Amazing. Caucasian not exactly meaning white is something I learned in 11th grade health class. you allegedly have a degree from a "major university" and yet you do not. And you said you were knowledgeable.

No, actually, Caucasian and white are the same thing.

m00
01-17-2011, 02:04 AM
No, actually, Caucasian and white are the same thing.

I wasn't aware any of those words had actual scientific meaning, in a science that hadn't been completely discredited.

noonwitch
01-18-2011, 09:05 AM

~QC

DUers posted that comment all the time during the Bush years, and didn't consider it racist.

Again, very few DUers are actually black. As I've said, none of the ones I met in real life from the "Detroit Chapter" were black.

Yukon
01-18-2011, 09:09 AM

~QC

Very shallow indeed.

Zathras
01-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Very shallow indeed.

Yes Pukeon, yes you are.

Yukon
01-18-2011, 09:33 AM
I have second thoughts about the main question posed in this Thread. If I were standing next to a person like Ratsazz I would indeed be ashamed to be white.

Zathras
01-18-2011, 09:44 AM
I have second thoughts about the main question posed in this Thread. If I were standing next to a person like Ratsazz I would indeed be ashamed to be white.

Yes you would Pukeon because it would show just what a failure you really are. Then again if you were standing next to me I'd be ashamed for the human race that someone of your stupidity wasn't put down like a rabid dog.

Yukon
01-18-2011, 09:46 AM
Ratsazz,
If you stood next to me you'd be too envious - women really like me.

Zathras
01-18-2011, 09:48 AM
Ratsazz,
If you stood next to me you'd be too envious - women really like me.

ENVIOUS? Of YOU?????? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing women would like you to do is go away.

movie buff
01-18-2011, 05:52 PM
ENVIOUS? Of YOU?????? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing women would like you to do is go away.

No, I could think of six other things they'd probably like him to do:
1. Take a shower.
2. Use deodorant.
3. Brush his teeth.
4. Use mouthwash.
5. Keep his shirt on at all times.
6. Stay far enough away from them that they wouldn't be in danger of catching head lice from him.

CueSi
01-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Very shallow indeed.

You're supposed to be from the racially sensitive great white north and you don't see anything wrong with calling the first black female NAS/ SecState aunt jemima?GTFO.

~QC

NJCardFan
01-18-2011, 06:19 PM
You're supposed to be from the racially sensitive great white north and you don't see anything wrong with calling the first black female NAS/ SecState aunt jemima?GTFO.

~QC

Cue, do I have to explain it to you again?