PDA

View Full Version : Spanish University Bows to 'Progressives' and Cancels Catholic Worship

megimoo
01-15-2011, 06:58 PM
" protesters from lying down or standing so as to block worshippers’ admission to the chapel as they have already on numerous occasions."

The University of Barcelona, in Spain’s Catalonian region, released a second communiqué this week following a growing debate between Catholic students and non-believers. The state-run institution has for now suspended the Mass celebrated normally at 2:15 PM on Wednesdays for Catholic students, “until certain improvements can be made to the access to the chapel” so as to ensure the safety of the congregation.

According to reports, the university – located in what is perhaps Spain’s most liberal city – is studying the possibility of installing a security door at the access to the corridor leading to the worship space. This is intended to prohibit protesters from lying down or standing so as to block worshippers’ admission to the chapel as they have already on numerous occasions.

http://www.speroforum.com/a/46744/Spanish-university-bows-to-progressives-and-cancels-Catholic-worship

NJCardFan
01-16-2011, 12:16 AM
There go those open minded progressives again. :rolleyes:

Novaheart
01-16-2011, 01:41 AM
There go those open minded progressives again. :rolleyes:

I couldn't find anything else on it, albeit I didn't try very hard. I'd be inclined to think that there is more to it. Either they aren't telling who these protesters really are, or there is another issue?

It's not that I think that such is beneath "progressives", merely that they tend to be a little less generic than that. I mean, there aren't too many places pinker than the University of Maryland, but they have all kinds of religious stuff on campus, from Druid circles, to Methodist chapel, to Hillel House with witches and hare krishnas in between.

NJCardFan
01-16-2011, 03:26 AM
I couldn't find anything else on it, albeit I didn't try very hard. I'd be inclined to think that there is more to it. Either they aren't telling who these protesters really are, or there is another issue?

It's not that I think that such is beneath "progressives", merely that they tend to be a little less generic than that. I mean, there aren't too many places pinker than the University of Maryland, but they have all kinds of religious stuff on campus, from Druid circles, to Methodist chapel, to Hillel House with witches and hare krishnas in between.

That's because they have to, genius. It's easy to figure that out.