PDA

View Full Version : Another Memo from Leni Riefenstahl

megimoo
01-16-2011, 04:30 AM
Clarice's Pieces:Another Memo from Leni Riefenstahl

To: Barack Obama und Frau Obama
Subject: Politische Kundgebung getarnt als eine Gedenkfeier (Political rally masquerading as a memorial service)
It's been two years since I last wrote.
I want only for you to succeed, and I hope you take my words to heart.
snip
1. You did need a distraction
Every leader has to know how to distract public attention from shortcomings, and on this you succeeded nicely. Your party got (excuse the expression) slaughtered at the polls in November; you lost the House, and your control of the Senate is shaky.
nip
2. You overplayed your hand, though
The murder of six people, including a photogenic child and a well-regarded judge, and the serious wounding of an attractive and popular congresswoman of your party, among others, certainly deserved your attention. But that attention should have been more low-key.
It should have been like what Reagan did for the Challenger accident (a beautifully crafted TV message) or what Bush did at Virginia Tech (a sober six-minute speech one day after the incident).
But what did you do? You played this as if it were a major national tragedy, which it was definitely not
3. You dithered too long before speaking
By waiting so long and making this a bigger deal than it really is, you wasted your opportunity.
Yes, I know your friends in the press were playing up the "Climate of Hate" theme -- it was false, of course, and that was the problem with postponing your remarks while the beer and food concession stands were being stocked and the tee shirts and bumper stickers were being printed

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/01/clarices_pieces_another_memo_f.html

linda22003
01-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Leni Riefenstahl has been dead for six years.

megimoo
01-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Leni Riefenstahl has been dead for six years.You had better send him email and inform him !

linda22003
01-18-2011, 09:23 AM
You had better send him email and inform him !

Leni Riefenstahl also wasn't a "him". There are no limits on what you don't know, are there? :p