PDA

View Full Version : The most EPIC and Historical NFL Championship game

fettpett
01-16-2011, 02:33 PM
The Green Bay Packers versus the Chicago Bears Jan 23, 2011 at Solider Field 3pm EST.

CueSi
01-16-2011, 03:29 PM
The Green Bay Packers versus the Chicago Bears Jan 23, 2011 at Solider Field 3pm EST.

Yeah... if I didn't have a pathological aversion to cold, I'd want to be there. But...being that my blood is too thin for that shit - - I'll have to find a couch other than my own to watch it on, someone to watch it with, alcohol to drink to make it enjoyable, and food.

~QC

Bubba Dawg
01-16-2011, 03:32 PM
It will be a good game.

EPIC? :rolleyes:

I'll be rooting for the Packers.

Bubba Dawg
01-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Yeah... if I didn't have a pathological aversion to cold, I'd want to be there. But...being that my blood is too thin for that shit - - I'll have to find a couch other than my own to watch it on, someone to watch it with, alcohol to drink to make it enjoyable, and food.

~QC

Who ya pullin' for?

fettpett
01-16-2011, 03:39 PM
It will be a good game.

dude, come on, it's the Packer and Bears, only the 2nd time in NFL HISTORY that they have meet in the playoffs, the biggest and longest rivalry in the NFL, how can it NOT be EPIC!!

They've only made the playoffs at the same time 4 times in their history

Bubba Dawg
01-16-2011, 04:01 PM
dude, come on, it's the Packer and Bears, only the 2nd time in NFL HISTORY that they have meet in the playoffs, the biggest and longest rivalry in the NFL, how can it NOT be EPIC!!

They've only made the playoffs at the same time 4 times in their history

Messin' with ya man. :p

Two teams from the Black and Blue Division meeting for the conference championship will definitely be a game for the ages. Especially with the way they are playing now.

The history and the intensity of the rivalries will add a whole other dimension to the game. I can't wait.

So okay, it will be Epic. But not spelled out in all capital letters. :p:D

fettpett
01-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Messin' with ya man. :p

Two teams from the Black and Blue Division meeting for the conference championship will definitely be a game for the ages. Especially with the way they are playing now.

The history and the intensity of the rivalries will add a whole other dimension to the game. I can't wait.

So okay, it will be Epic. But not spelled out in all capital letters. :p:D

hahaha, :D

Bubba Dawg
01-16-2011, 04:11 PM
hahaha, :D

I have a Cheesehead. For real. Be in awe of me. :cool::D

We have family in Wisconsin. I have yet to visit Lambeau Field but it's on my Bucket List. I doubt I would ever be able to get tickets to a game but I'd like to tour the field.

Falcons forever, but I'm down with Green Bay next week.

CueSi
01-16-2011, 04:20 PM
Who ya pullin' for?

I don't know. I got to go to Soldier field, and I fell in love with the place. It's one of the most beautiful stadia in the NFL. I'm a history nut, so . . . both teams appeal strongly to me.

I admit I'm going to hesitate and go with the Packers.

~QC

fettpett
01-16-2011, 04:29 PM
I have a Cheesehead. For real. Be in awe of me. :cool::D

We have family in Wisconsin. I have yet to visit Lambeau Field but it's on my Bucket List. I doubt I would ever be able to get tickets to a game but I'd like to tour the field.

Falcons forever, but I'm down with Green Bay next week.

I've been there for a game and in the offseason, didn't get a tour as we didn't have the extra money or time.

Getting tickets is actually pretty easy, if you go to a game that isn't a big one, make sure to bring something to sit on as it's bleacher seats and they suck to sit on (not made for big guys either)

Bubba Dawg
01-16-2011, 04:36 PM
I don't know. I got to go to Soldier field, and I fell in love with the place. It's one of the most beautiful stadia in the NFL. I'm a history nut, so . . . both teams appeal strongly to me.

I admit I'm going to hesitate and go with the Packers.

~QC

Good answer. Two historic teams with rich traditions playing for a championship. I've rooted for the Falcons since the 70's and they are My Team but I also had other teams I'd root for. I really don't remember the old glory days of the Packers and when I first started watching them there was a joke about Green Bay playing the new Tampa Bay team and the game was referred to as The Bay of Pigs or the Toilet Bowl because both teams were so bad at the time.

They have both had seasons of excellence since then and I'm glad. Both franchises have clearly turned around.

But I have a Cheesehead and I'm gonna root for the Packers. :D

Bubba Dawg
01-16-2011, 04:41 PM
I've been there for a game and in the offseason, didn't get a tour as we didn't have the extra money or time.

Getting tickets is actually pretty easy, if you go to a game that isn't a big one, make sure to bring something to sit on as it's bleacher seats and they suck to sit on (not made for big guys either)

Cool. I've never been to an NFL game but really want to go to one. Maybe next year.

We bought season Tickets to the Jacksonville Bulls in the USFL but the team folded that year and I never saw a game there. I moved away and Jax got the Jaguars.

Gonna make it to a Falcons day one day. I hope.

PoliCon
01-16-2011, 11:18 PM
They've only made the playoffs at the same time 4 times in their historyIf they were better teams - it would be a different story. :p

fettpett
01-16-2011, 11:27 PM
If they were better teams - it would be a different story. :p

Packers sucked for 27 years, and the Bears sucked for 15 years at opposite times....very rarely are they both good at the same time

PoliCon
01-16-2011, 11:28 PM
Packers sucked for 27 years, and the Bears sucked for 15 years at opposite times....very rarely are they both good at the same time

exactly. LOTS of suck in both those teams. :p Mean while in Steeler country . . . . :cool:

fettpett
01-16-2011, 11:33 PM
exactly. LOTS of suck in both those teams. :p Mean while in Steeler country . . . . :cool:

Steelers have had a lot of suck in their history too bucko, hell Pitt had to merge with the iggles and cardinals to stick around :p

PoliCon
01-16-2011, 11:38 PM
Steelers have had a lot of suck in their history too bucko, hell Pitt had to merge with the iggles and cardinals to stick around :p

had to? :rolleyes: try it was forced. And after all - it was war time and like good patriotic men - the Steelers did their duty and went to war. I guess the packers were pussies? :p

NJCardFan
01-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Cool. I've never been to an NFL game but really want to go to one. Maybe next year.

We bought season Tickets to the Jacksonville Bulls in the USFL but the team folded that year and I never saw a game there. I moved away and Jax got the Jaguars.

Gonna make it to a Falcons day one day. I hope.

So you bought tickets for the 1986 season I take it. A piece of trivia: if it weren't for the Bulls, there would be no Jags.

Molon Labe
01-17-2011, 01:29 PM
It will be a good game.

the only thing EPIC is the rivalry.

The game though?

Packers roll 28 -13

Lager
01-17-2011, 04:10 PM
If they were better teams - it would be a different story. :p

They'll be playing Sunday for a trophy named after a legendary Bears coach and owner, and for the right to go to the Super Bowl, where the trophy there is named for a legendary Packer coach. Pretty cool.

fettpett
01-17-2011, 05:02 PM
They'll be playing Sunday for a trophy named after a legendary Bears coach and owner, and for the right to go to the Super Bowl, where the trophy there is named for a legendary Packer coach. Pretty cool.

uh oh....theres a Bears fan here ...... :eek::D

Bubba Dawg
01-17-2011, 06:00 PM
So you bought tickets for the 1986 season I take it. A piece of trivia: if it weren't for the Bulls, there would be no Jags.

That's true about the Jags.

Miz Bubba and I married in 1985 and bought the tickets for the next season. They had played in the Spring in the previous years and Miz Bubba and her dad had tickets for two seasons. I think I remember that they moved their season in 1986 to the fall and never played. Something like that. But 1986 sounds right.

It would have been a lot of fun. We did get our money back though.

PoliCon
01-17-2011, 10:37 PM

legendary coaches. too bad they weren't ever able to coach teams good enough to win them 6 Superbowl rings. :p

PoliCon
01-17-2011, 10:38 PM
uh oh....theres a Bears fan here ...... :eek::D

Impossible. Everyone knows that they're mythical. :D

fettpett
01-17-2011, 10:42 PM
legendary coaches. too bad they weren't ever able to coach teams good enough to win them 6 Superbowl rings. :p

:rolleyes: cuz they both coached before or at the start of the Super Bowl era...:rolleyes:

fettpett
01-17-2011, 10:43 PM
Impossible. Everyone knows that they're mythical. :D

of course they are.... :D

PoliCon
01-17-2011, 11:08 PM
:rolleyes: cuz they both coached before or at the start of the Super Bowl era...:rolleyes:

well that's dumb. :p

fettpett
01-17-2011, 11:12 PM
well that's dumb. :p

:rolleyes::rolleyes: dork

PoliCon
01-17-2011, 11:15 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes: dork

Don't blame me that they couldn't win superbowls. :p

fettpett
01-17-2011, 11:28 PM
Don't blame me that they couldn't win superbowls. :p

it's the Lombardi Trophy for a reason :p

PoliCon
01-17-2011, 11:45 PM
it's the Lombardi Trophy for a reason :p

sure. Because Chuck Noll was too humble to accept the honour ;) :D :p

fettpett
01-17-2011, 11:49 PM
sure. Because Chuck Noll was too humble to accept the honour ;) :D :p

Lombardi had died you nincompoop :p

PoliCon
01-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Lombardi had died you nincompoop :p wow how lazy is that? :rolleyes:

fettpett
01-17-2011, 11:58 PM
wow how lazy is that? :rolleyes:

what was so great about Chuck Noll? He didn't win 2 three-pete NFL Championships

(thats 2 sets of 3 btw) :D

PoliCon
01-18-2011, 12:02 AM
what was so great about Chuck Noll? He didn't win 2 three-pete NFL Championships

(thats 2 sets of 3 btw) :D:eek: what was great about Chuck Noll (peace be upon him)??? :eek: I'm gonna pretend like I didn't hear that.

fettpett
01-18-2011, 12:04 AM
:eek: what was great about Chuck Noll (peace be upon him)??? :eek: I'm gonna pretend like I didn't hear that.

oh you heard it bucko!! you heard it LOUD and CLEAR :D HAHAHA

Packers will be Super Bowl 45 Champs :D

PoliCon
01-18-2011, 12:06 AM
oh you heard it bucko!! you heard it LOUD and CLEAR :D HAHAHA

Packers will be Super Bowl 45 Champs :D

Only if a meteor were to land on the entire Steelers team - even then Troy would survive and give your Packers a run for their money all by himself. :p

fettpett
01-18-2011, 12:11 AM
Only if a meteor were to land on the entire Steelers team - even then Troy would survive and give your Packers a run for their money all by himself. :p

we'll see A-Rod SHRED the Rusty curtain's supposed "defense"

m00
01-18-2011, 12:16 AM

~QC

"Watching football sober is like watching baseball...sober"

fettpett
01-18-2011, 12:18 AM
"Watching football sober is like watching baseball...sober"

I can watch Football just fine sober

baseball....i couldn't watch that even drunk

PoliCon
01-18-2011, 12:25 AM
we'll see A-Rod SHRED the Rusty curtain's supposed "defense"

:rolleyes: I'm not sure you're boy could shred paper. With a paper shredder. :p

fettpett
01-18-2011, 07:38 AM
:rolleyes: I'm not sure you're boy could shred paper. With a paper shredder. :p

Tell that to the Falcon's and Eagle's defenses

Rebel Yell
01-18-2011, 08:56 AM

When the Packers have a two touchdown lead in the first quarter and cruise to victory, that's how.

fettpett
01-18-2011, 11:06 AM
When the Packers have a two touchdown lead in the first quarter and cruise to victory, that's how.

hey, I'll take it and run with it. the last playoff game between these two was a 33-14 trouncing of the Packers. I'll take a rout of the Bears and send Cutler home crying to his reality star girlfriend

NJCardFan
01-18-2011, 12:04 PM
hey, I'll take it and run with it. the last playoff game between these two was a 33-14 trouncing of the Packers. I'll take a rout of the Bears and send Cutler home crying to his reality star girlfriend

I still love this play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOCAqdDQSsc

JB
01-20-2011, 07:34 PM
The only thing more boring than the NL Central is the NFC North.

I think I'll catch up on my Tolstoy this weekend.

Bubba Dawg
01-20-2011, 08:57 PM

Cubs. Next year. ;)

count of it.

fettpett
01-20-2011, 09:52 PM

what are you smoking dude? have you seen these teams play? shit, Green Bay has put up 40+ points at LEST 4 times this season, Chicago has done it a few times too.

fettpett
01-21-2011, 05:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABoKy1h-ARQ&feature=autoplay&list=PLFB7AF6BE874C8CA9&index=34&playnext=3

PoliCon
01-21-2011, 08:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABoKy1h-ARQ&feature=autoplay&list=PLFB7AF6BE874C8CA9&index=34&playnext=3

lol