PDA

View Full Version : The Sears store in our town had Fox News playing on half the TV sets..

SarasotaRepub
01-17-2011, 06:59 AM
Yet another "Adventure" in Fox News Hate by a DUmmie!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x214389) :rolleyes:

county worker (1000+ posts) Mon Jan-17-11 12:38 AM
Original message The Sears store in our town had Fox News playing on half the TV sets in the electronics section.

Edited on Mon Jan-17-11 12:41 AM by county worker
We went to look at appliances and I asked the sales person to please change the channel on those TV's. She said she had to play what the home office tells her to.

I ended up sending the home office this email:

I went into the Sears store in Lompoc, CA today. My wife and I need to buy a new refrigerator and washer and dryer.
I applied for a Sears charge and got $5,000 credit. I noticed that about 10 TV sets in the store had Fox News Channel on. I asked the sales person to please change the channel on those TVís since Fox is not news but extreme right wing propaganda and lies.
She told me that she has to put on what the home office tells her to put on. I asked for the number of the home office ad she said she would have to dig it out.

The lies on Fox news is helping to fuel the class war in this country that is responsible for the disappearance of the middle class and for the shutting down of businesses in Lompoc, CA.
I will not be buying my refrigerator and washer and dryer from Sears as long as Fox news in on the TVís in the Sears stores.
Please have the store in Lompoc change the channel from Fox news and let me know when they did it.

This one sounds stupid enough to be true but ya never know...:D

FDK
01-17-2011, 07:57 AM
The lies on Fox news is helping to fuel the class war in this country that is responsible for the disappearance of the middle class and for the shutting down of businesses in Lompoc, CA.

You left out causing mass murder in Tucson.

Obamanaut (1000+ posts) Mon Jan-17-11 07:28 AM
Response to Original message
26. Were you there to be entertained by the teevee display or buy a fridge? Are

you suggesting that other shoppers are only allowed to see those things you approve of?

PWN3D.

Novaheart
01-17-2011, 09:39 AM
Remember when the ABC or Disney (can't remember which) told the Baptist who was threatening to boycott to shove it or something like that?

Yeah, those were good times. Seriously, I'm an equal opportunity "Go fuck yourself." kind of guy. Raw class, here.

I saw this t-shirt in Kaufman Tires and wanted it for my own:

As time goes by
The list gets longer
Of people who can
Kiss my ass

Madisonian
01-17-2011, 10:39 AM
I applied for a Sears charge and got $5,000 credit.

I will not be buying my refrigerator and washer and dryer from Sears as long as Fox news in on the TVís in the Sears stores.

Sears will probably be relieved with your decision. Once they figure out from your email you are a DUmmie, they will realize that they would have been out the $5,000 worth of credit the ebil corporate bastards extended to you.

Seems there are a number of posters calling BS on this as well.

txradioguy
01-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Sears will probably be relieved with your decision. Once they figure out from your email you are a DUmmie, they will realize that they would have been out the $5,000 worth of credit the ebil corporate bastards extended to you.

Seems there are a number of posters calling BS on this as well.

IMHO the DUmmie made it up after reading about this:

Some federal workers complained that FNC leaned too far right. But Wallner had nothing to do with the satellite feed or what channel appeared on the big-screen. That decision is left up to the U.S. General Services Administration which is in charge of all federal courthouses.

The GSA at the Hatfield U.S. Courthouse heard complaints from people who don't even work in the building. The League of Women Voters of Portland actually took the matter up at a board meeting. Betsy Pratt, the league's president, said "more neutral media sources" were available. The League is officially a non-partisan group which participates in naturalization ceremonies inside the courthouse. When asked by Fox if she thought it was dangerous for newly sworn-in citizens to watch Fox News,

http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/01/14/a-federal-case-over-watching-fox/#ixzz1BJ98KviZ

Yukon
01-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Let's be honest. Sears is where the intellects shop so watching FOX is a good thing. Im sure Glen Beck was giving a history lesson.

nightflight
01-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Let;s be honest. Sears is where the intellects shop so lwatching FOX is a good thing. Im sure Glen Beck was giving a history lesson.

Just because.

NJCardFan
01-17-2011, 12:21 PM
Let's be honest. Sears is where the intellects shop so watching FOX is a good thing. Im sure Glen Beck was giving a history lesson.
I see you're still being the condescending prick that you are. Sears has been in business for a long time so I guess they're doing something right.

Adam Wood
01-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Let's be honest. Sears is where the intellects shop so watching FOX is a good thing. Im sure Glen Beck was giving a history lesson.WTF does that even mean?

Novaheart
01-17-2011, 01:48 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't "go shopping", I go buying. I don't go to a place like Sears wondering what I am going to buy, I have already picked out what I want.

Consequently, when I am in Sears or Best Buy or any other store and find myself annoyed by the garbage they have on TV (and it's usually entertainment garbage not news garbage) I turn it off.

I am so tired of being bombarded with noise everywhere I go, that if possible I turn off anything within reach. I love getting old, not one person has said a word to me about this practice.

Now, because they live to annoy, Walmart has some kind of system that turns the TV sets back on if they have been turned off, and the ones near the check outs cannot be turned off without damaging them.

Tampa General hospital has two waiting rooms. A quiet room and a TV room. Good job. BTW, any doctor who has one of those TV's that runs endless commercials in his waiting room can come out and plug it back in after I leave. It's not my fault they disabled the controls and I had to unplug it.

Dan D. Doty
01-17-2011, 02:12 PM

A bit condesending.

Your Elitism is showing again.

Constitutionally Speaking
01-17-2011, 06:03 PM
county worker (1000+ posts) Mon Jan-17-11 12:38 AM
Original message The Sears store in our town had Fox News playing on half the TV sets in the electronics section.

Edited on Mon Jan-17-11 12:41 AM by county worker

The lies on Fox news is helping to fuel the class war in this country

Of course demonizing the rich would have NOTHING to do with fueling class warfare. :rolleyes:

swirling_vortex
01-17-2011, 06:33 PM
I'm really wondering where these stores are that play Fox News. Every time I go into one (whether it be Sears, Best Buy, or whatever) most of them are usually showcasing a movie or some custom made DVD that says how great HD is. I don't go shopping very often, but I can't recall seeing half the TVs being hooked up to cable.

SarasotaRepub
01-17-2011, 07:31 PM
DUmmie Speaks TRUTH TO POWER and gets results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x218252) :eek:

I got this reply:
Dear Local Moonbat, (:D)

Thank you for your recent correspondence. We are always interested in
hearing from our customers, and regret it was this type of situation
that prompted you to contact us. Please accept our apology for any
inconvenience you may have encountered with the TVs.

By sharing your concerns, you have enabled us to address the issues and
provide feedback to the appropriate person. Truly, your remarks provide
forthright feedback that will enable Sears to achieve excellence in
everything we do.

Once again, we apologize for the situation with the TVs, and thank you
for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Miguel G.
Retail Customer Care
Sears Holdings Corporation

I went back today and sports was on all the TV's!.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

NJCardFan
01-17-2011, 11:48 PM
I went back today and sports was on all the TV's!.
Couldn't be that there was playoff football all weekend long, right? :rolleyes:

fettpett
01-17-2011, 11:56 PM
Couldn't be that there was playoff football all weekend long, right? :rolleyes:

that would be using their head, if it wasn't shoved so far up their ass

noonwitch
01-18-2011, 08:59 AM

It's where the Brady Bunch shop!

We never bought clothes there in the 70s (my mom was more into JC Penney and Hudsons), but my dad always bought his tools and paint at Sears. He bought the lawnmowers at Monkey Ward's, though.

Yukon
01-18-2011, 09:02 AM
We buy all of our big ticket items (appliances) at SEARS. Good products, good service, and competitive pricing.

NJCardFan
01-18-2011, 11:02 AM
It's where the Brady Bunch shop!

We never bought clothes there in the 70s (my mom was more into JC Penney and Hudsons), but my dad always bought his tools and paint at Sears. He bought the lawnmowers at Monkey Ward's, though.

95% of my tools are Craftsman. My favorite is the auto hammer.

enslaved1
01-18-2011, 12:19 PM
TV-B-Gone (http://www.tvbgone.com/cfe_tvbg_main.php)

This is a nifty prank/protest tool from a hardware hacker I've read a few interviews with. As a prank, I think it's pretty funny (though I haven't got one yet). As a protest tool, it keeps DUmmies harmlessly occupied by thinking they are really doing something to fight the power by shutting of TVs that no one is paying attention to anyway.

Lager
01-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Hopefully after receiving the person's letter, Sears immediately put the address on their mailing list and can now bombard the mailbox with direct mailing advertising. Plus, they probably sold it to other marketers who share the same demographics. Since Sears can be classified as conservative, I hope the individual is inundated with junk from all kinds of conservative leaning businesses, hopefully even Wal Mart and the NRA.
Then this person will be in fits from the guilt of causing the destruction of all those trees. :D

Lager
01-18-2011, 12:55 PM
He/She blames Fox for the shutting of businesses in Lompoc, yet ignores the fact of who the biggest employer in that area is. Namely, Vandenberg AFB.

txradioguy
01-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Can anyone here remember when the last time they walked into the electronics section of Sears and actually heard the sound on the tv's?

:cool:

NJCardFan
01-18-2011, 06:21 PM
Can anyone here remember when the last time they walked into the electronics section of Sears and actually heard the sound on the tv's?

:cool:

Let alone have on some lame news channel.

Novaheart
01-18-2011, 06:24 PM
TV-B-Gone (http://www.tvbgone.com/cfe_tvbg_main.php)

This is a nifty prank/protest tool from a hardware hacker I've read a few interviews with. As a prank, I think it's pretty funny (though I haven't got one yet). As a protest tool, it keeps DUmmies harmlessly occupied by thinking they are really doing something to fight the power by shutting of TVs that no one is paying attention to anyway.

My sister gave me one and I had some fun with it, and then gave it to my auto mechanic because he has four children and thought it would be fun to be able to walk down the hall turning off their TV sets.

TV B Gone is cool, but the TV's at Walmart are set on some master system which turns them back on when you turn them off.

Madisonian
01-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Reason in Dummieville?

pipi_k
Response to Reply #10
22. Or she may have been disciplined with unpaid leave or even fired.

I'd be interested in knowing whether your complaint led to action being taken against her.

But what the hell...there's honor in being the catalyst in the possible fucking up of someone else's life as long as the entire world is saved from the dire threat of Fox News.

Something is burning in the oven...

Rebubula
Response to Reply #29
64. WOW!!!
Ok....I have seen some petty and down right mean shit on this board - But this takes the whole freaking bakery.
It is considered torture to see Fox News on the TV? It is considered OK to ruin someone's current life because they had Fox News on the TV???
Wow...sometimes, the so-called progressives on this board scare me as much as the assholes on the other side.

I am simply dumbfounded by your post. Such mean spirit.

Pepperoni anyone?

enslaved1
01-18-2011, 10:00 PM
My sister gave me one and I had some fun with it, and then gave it to my auto mechanic because he has four children and thought it would be fun to be able to walk down the hall turning off their TV sets.

TV B Gone is cool, but the TV's at Walmart are set on some master system which turns them back on when you turn them off.

But how quickly do they come back on? And how nuts would it drive the workers trying to figure out why they keep shutting off? Personally I want to sit in Applebee's or a similar establishment and kill the boob tube at random intervals.

AmPat
01-19-2011, 05:17 PM
The Sears store in our town had Fox News playing on half the TV sets..
The other half must have been broken.