PDA

View Full Version : "Baby Doc returned to a hero's welcome" from NPR

SarasotaRepub
01-17-2011, 07:26 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x217447) :D

Cerridwen (1000+ posts) Mon Jan-17-11 04:47 PM
Original message "Baby Doc returned to a hero's welcome" from NPRhttp://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/transparent.gif

Sorry, guys. I'm mostly keeping my updates in my other thread but the spin in this article hurt my eyes, knocked me off my pins, or something. That it's from NPR makes it more heinous to me. This is also in my other thread but I decided this needed its own place as well. Ewwww.

<snip>

Amidst chanting for Jean-Claude Duvalier, Sanon says young people want to be able to go back to school.

Robinson Marquis, who was standing nearby, said Baby Doc was Haiti's last great president.

"Since he left the country, we have no country," says 35-year-old Marquis. "When he come back, we going to have an army and a country and the country going to be beautiful again, like way back since he left in 1986."

<snip>

But on Sunday, Baby Doc returned to a hero's welcome, he was given an entourage of Haitian National Police for security and he appeared briefly on the balcony of an upscale hotel as a free man waving to a mob of supporters and journalists below.

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/17/133001394/former-exile-ba... (http://www.npr.org/2011/01/17/133001394/former-exile-baby-doc-lands-in-haiti-amid-praise)

The DUmmies are all upset about Baby Doc...of course it must be a US plot for oil or some other moronic reason.

That their cherished NPR reports it is just sweeter...:D

Dan D. Doty
01-18-2011, 12:50 AM
Baby Doc was lucky he wasn't lynch at the airport.

noonwitch
01-18-2011, 08:55 AM
There's just tons of oil under Haiti, after all, it just has to be a plot.

The man is lucky that the haitians haven't killed him yet. I say the longer he stays there, the more likely it is that he will be killed by someone.

Yukon
01-18-2011, 09:04 AM
Baby Doc is loved in Haiti and his return will be positive for the people.

noonwitch
01-18-2011, 09:11 AM
Baby Dopc is loved in Haiti and his return will be positive for the people.

Are you serious?

Yukon
01-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Are you serious?

Yes I am. I seen a news report last evening and people were wildly cheering his return.

Zathras
01-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Yes I am. I am a brain dead liberal and believe that any tyrant in power is a good thing.

Fixed

txradioguy
01-18-2011, 10:36 AM
Are you serious?

Sadly yes he is. But he also thinks Iraq was better under Saddam.

:rolleyes:

Those "wildly cheering" folks only numbered about 200 and most of them were people that have lived the good life right up until he went into exile.

I seriously doubt the vast majority of the population are looking forward to the return of the Tonton Macute.

NJCardFan
01-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Liberal love of despotic dictators never ceases to amaze me.

noonwitch
01-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Liberal love of despotic dictators never ceases to amaze me.

I think in this case, there is also a total ignorance of history going on. When Baby Doc left Haiti, everyone was happy to see him go, liberal and conservative. I don't remember anyone in the 80s in american politics justifying or supporting the Duvaliers.

NJCardFan
01-18-2011, 06:22 PM
I think in this case, there is also a total ignorance of history going on. When Baby Doc left Haiti, everyone was happy to see him go, liberal and conservative. I don't remember anyone in the 80s in american politics justifying or supporting the Duvaliers.

Then how do you explain FDR calling Stalin "Uncle Joe"? This lovefest of dictators has been going on for a long, long time.

noonwitch
01-19-2011, 08:49 AM
Then how do you explain FDR calling Stalin "Uncle Joe"? This lovefest of dictators has been going on for a long, long time.

I call that teaming up with one devil to defeat a pair of devils that were bigger threats to our nation's immediate well-being than the first devil was.

My point remains about the Duvaliers-everyone in american politics was glad to see them go, liberals and conservatives.

I'm not so sure that the republicans were all very sad to see Marcos leave the Phillipines in shame, though. But he was a right-wing dictator.

Calypso Jones
01-19-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm sure there were people cheering his return. Unfortunately they were all ton ton macoute. in reality though, i think enough time has passed that the younger people of Haiti would welcome the devil back to their island. They're that soulless. A lot like how our young in school are becoming.

Pulpfishin
01-19-2011, 12:11 PM

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

****WARNING CRUDE SEXIST REPLY BELOW******

Think of it this way.

If your girlfriend/wife meets a smoking hot babe, and they decide they are bisexual, wouldn't it be in your best interest to stay on GOOD terms with BOTH of them?