PDA

View Full Version : Father of Our Country Boxed Away

txradioguy
01-18-2011, 01:23 PM
http://www.moonbattery.com/Washington-Statue-boxed-away.jpg

Remember when a symbol representing the name of Jesus Christ had to be covered so that Comrade Obama could speak at Catholic Georgetown? Something similar happened yesterday during the MLK festivities. Via Free North Carolina:

The annual MLK observance at the state house in Columbia SC had an interesting twist this year. The event is held on the north side steps of the statehouse. Prominent at that location is a large bronze statue of George Washington. This year, the NAACP constructed a "box" to conceal the Father of His Country from view so that participants would not be offended by his presence.

It would be nice to think that MLK Day is all about striving toward a colorblind society. In reality, it is political correctness day, which means it represents the opposite. If the dream were about people being judged by the content of their character, would they blot out the one person in our national history whose character was beyond reproach?

The real dream appears to be to tear down America, and replace it with a race-based society in which the "victims" always get to be on top, regardless of merit, based on the color of their skin. Progress has been made. Is anyone clueless enough to think Barack Obama would be in office if both his parents had been white?

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2011/01/father-of-our-c.html

Novaheart
01-18-2011, 01:33 PM
http://www.moonbattery.com/Washington-Statue-boxed-away.jpg

Remember when a symbol representing the name of Jesus Christ had to be covered so that Comrade Obama could speak at Catholic Georgetown? Something similar happened yesterday during the MLK festivities. Via Free North Carolina:

The annual MLK observance at the state house in Columbia SC had an interesting twist this year. The event is held on the north side steps of the statehouse. Prominent at that location is a large bronze statue of George Washington. This year, the NAACP constructed a "box" to conceal the Father of His Country from view so that participants would not be offended by his presence.

It would be nice to think that MLK Day is all about striving toward a colorblind society. In reality, it is political correctness day, which means it represents the opposite. If the dream were about people being judged by the content of their character, would they blot out the one person in our national history whose character was beyond reproach?

The real dream appears to be to tear down America, and replace it with a race-based society in which the "victims" always get to be on top, regardless of merit, based on the color of their skin. Progress has been made. Is anyone clueless enough to think Barack Obama would be in office if both his parents had been white?

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2011/01/father-of-our-c.html

Without knowing anything else about this, I'm going to call Bullshit on this one.

It's not that I think the NAACP wouldn't do something stupid or disrespectful, but my first thought on seeing this is that a statue of George Washington is usually at the pulpit of the place in which it has been placed. Thus, if one were going to have a rally or give a speech in that same place, especially if it's to honor another dead person whose image you plan to display, the one might conceal Washington's statue to create a backdrop.

Now I"ll go read the articles.

txradioguy
01-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Without knowing anything else about this, I'm going to call Bullshit on this one.

It's not that I think the NAACP wouldn't do something stupid or disrespectful, but my first thought on seeing this is that a statue of George Washington is usually at the pulpit of the place in which it has been placed. Thus, if one were going to have a rally or give a speech in that same place, especially if it's to honor another dead person whose image you plan to display, the one might conceal Washington's statue to create a backdrop.

Now I"ll go read the articles.

Perhaps you should have done that first.

Might have saved you a retraction later.

Novaheart
01-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Perhaps you should have done that first.

Might have saved you a retraction later.

Well, the fun is in applying logic first, and then seeing if logic applies. Anyone can call the winner at the finish line..

megimoo
01-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Well, the fun is in applying logic first, and then seeing if logic applies. Anyone can call the winner at the finish line..Well,where's the Mea culpa ?

NJCardFan
01-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Well,where's the Mea culpa ?

Don't hold your breath. As for boxing in Washington, I guess they wouldn't think it's cool to have a statue of one of those white slave holders. :rolleyes:

Novaheart
01-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Well,where's the Mea culpa ?

Don't hold your breath. As for boxing in Washington, I guess they wouldn't think it's cool to have a statue of one of those white slave holders. :rolleyes:

I looked around and only saw reposts of the same article. The NAACP hasn't responded yet, from what I can gather. So a "mea culpa" on my part would be premature.

Kay
01-18-2011, 09:13 PM
And if I held a meeting and asked that a statue of MLK be covered?

This is madness. :mad:

Apache
01-18-2011, 09:16 PM
I looked around and only saw reposts of the same article. The NAACP hasn't responded yet, from what I can gather. So a "mea culpa" on my part would be premature.

:rolleyes:

Starbuck
01-18-2011, 11:06 PM
George Washington said,"“I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of it [slavery].”
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/george_washington.html

But this position is lost on many who only see the portions of him they wish to see, and they wish to see only the portions of him that suite their purpose.
George Washington did not invent slavery. It existed in English speaking cultures for hundreds of years before he was born.
Why do those who portray men like Washington as such bigots not endear themselves instead to men like John Adams, who never owned a slave?
Ans: Because their knowledge of history does not provide them with this information.