PDA

View Full Version : Newt says Palin should slow down and think about what she's saying

Calypso Jones
01-18-2011, 02:33 PM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2011/01/newt-gingrich-to-sarah-palin-slow-down.html

GOOD. GRIEF. I think he's lost all his sense.

Rockntractor
01-18-2011, 02:41 PM
I quit noticing Newt in the mid 90s like most Americans.

Calypso Jones
01-18-2011, 03:13 PM
She's popular in spite of what the media tells us. Newt knows this. he's got to destroy her for his own political survival if he wants to run. he's a goner cause he sure isn't endearing himself to me or anyone i know.

Novaheart
01-18-2011, 03:39 PM
I can't believe he said she is a lame brained lot lizard.

ColonialMarine0431
01-18-2011, 04:18 PM
As much as I still like Newt, I think the "Old Guard" GOPers are a bit scared by the "New Guard" GOPers like Palin and Marco Rubio, who are far more charismatic and look good on TV. I know that looking good on TV should'nt be a qualifier, but let's be honest; Image matters. It goes all the way back to when Kennedy trounced Nixon in their televised debate. I wasn't around then, but I've read that in that debate Nixon won on substance, but since he was sick at the time(flu I think) he came off looking sweaty & pale.

Adam Wood
01-18-2011, 04:32 PM
As much as I still like Newt, I think the "Old Guard" GOPers are a bit scared by the "New Guard" GOPers like Palin and Marco Rubio, who are far more charismatic and look good on TV. I know that looking good on TV should'nt be a qualifier, but let's be honest; Image matters. It goes all the way back to when Kennedy trounced Nixon in their televised debate. I wasn't around then, but I've read that in that debate Nixon won on substance, but since he was sick at the time(flu I think) he came off looking sweaty & pale.Nixon always looked sweaty and pale. His own vanity/insecurity beat him there, because he refused to wear makeup to go on camera; he considered it "un-manly" or whatever. (remember, this was the very first televised Presidential debate, indeed the first televised Presidential anything, and Nixon's advisors had no clue how to deal with a television audience). Kennedy had no such reservations whatsoever and happily got into stage makeup before the debate.

As to whether Nixon won on substance, I'd say that's, well ... debatable. His presentation sucked and he came off as unsure of himself and fumbling for answers. Combine that with a sweaty upper lip, less-than-stellar physical features (particularly next to JFK), and an appearance of being "shifty-eyed" (Nixon wasn't comfortable looking directly into a camera lens, instead trying to make eye contact with everyone in the studio like one would do on stage), and it was a recipe for disaster for Nixon.

Image does indeed matter.

noonwitch
01-18-2011, 04:37 PM
She's popular in spite of what the media tells us. Newt knows this. he's got to destroy her for his own political survival if he wants to run. he's a goner cause he sure isn't endearing himself to me or anyone i know.

I don't think Newt is going to run. There was a reason he stepped down as speaker, and the media remembers it well, as does everyone else in the GOP who wants the job.

Sarah is popular with her people, but she's not all that popular with swing voters. That's whose votes she needs to win the general election.

lacarnut
01-18-2011, 04:50 PM
I can't believe he said she is a lame brained lot lizard.

The description fits you better. The community organizer is a close second.

fettpett
01-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Why he thinks he's relevant is beyond me. he had his time in the sun, fucked it up and now thinks he deserves another chance as a RINO? give me a break

Calypso Jones
01-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Captain Jones tells me i am going to vote for the republican regardless. I tell him No i won't. Not anymore.

Articulate_Ape
01-18-2011, 06:19 PM
I quit noticing Newt in the mid 90s like most Americans.

QFT.

Madisonian
01-18-2011, 06:30 PM
I was never all that much of a Newt fan, but when he pulled this one, his cred went well below zero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi6n_-wB154

Sucking up with Nazi Pelosi on "Climate Change" of all things?:confused:

Rockntractor
01-18-2011, 06:32 PM
I was never all that much of a Newt fan, but when he pulled this one, his cred went well below zero.

He is a media whore.

Speedy
01-18-2011, 06:36 PM
Any Republixan who has bought into Global or all of the "Alternative Fuels" bullshit gets no respect from me.

Rockntractor
01-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Any Republixan who has bought into Global or all of the "Alternative Fuels" bullshit gets no respect from me.

Newt would have sucked Nancy's toes if he thought it would get him camera time!

Madisonian
01-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Newt would have sucked Nancy's toes if he thought it would get him camera time!

Mind bleach, PLEASE!!!:eek:

SaintLouieWoman
01-18-2011, 08:51 PM
He is a media whore.

Plus he looks like the Pillsbury dough boy on TV. He's doing nothing but losing any true conservative support that he might possibly have gotten. Too bad he's so shamelessly RINO. I can only compare him to Charlie Crist down here in Florida, who would do or say anything to hang on to power and get elected.

ColonialMarine0431
01-18-2011, 08:54 PM

Yeah. That one made we want to heave to. :eek:

Kay
01-18-2011, 10:29 PM
I always liked Newt. But his time has passed.

AmPat
01-19-2011, 01:13 PM
I don't think Newt is going to run. There was a reason he stepped down as speaker, and the media remembers it well, as does everyone else in the GOP who wants the job.

Sarah is popular with her people, but she's not all that popular with swing voters. That's whose votes she needs to win the general election.

We all know how smart swing voters are. They gave us a Reid Senate, Pelousy House, and an O Blah Blah administration. Smart folks those!:rolleyes:

txradioguy
01-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Newt says Palin should slow down and think about what she's saying

Conservatives to Newt...take your own advice.

Jfor
01-19-2011, 01:55 PM
The day Newt backed Scozzfovva or whatever her name is, is the day he became totally irrelevant to me.

Pulpfishin
01-19-2011, 02:22 PM

You are absolutely correct.

While Sarah has an EXTREEMLY loyal base, it is actually quite small.

Palin’s philosophies are pretty much dead on with mine, but she cannot carry enough independent voters to win.

Please don’t take this the wrong way as it is actually an ardent opinion of my wife’s (Phd Clinical Physiology).

She believes that most women voters will not vote for Palin because of her success and looks, and women tend to be much more critical and jealous of successful and “pretty” women.

In her own words “women are catty, and will not vote *for* the other candidate, but will simply be voting against her”.

Let’s factor that into several known voter demographics, and see what her potential is.

74% of women and 71% of men are registered to vote, and women comprise roughly 52% of the population.

Of the registered voters in 2010 women were more likely than men to vote (65 percent compared with 62 percent).

Historically 55% of female voters vote for Democrats. They also tend to vote for incumbent candidates, especially president regardless of the party.

You cannot carry a presential election without a majority of the female vote period.

Let’s not forget to throw in the number of male voters that will not vote for her simply because she a woman.

I realize this is a "macro" picture, but if you begin to break it down even further, it gets even worse.

IMHO believe it would be a huge mistake for the GOP to put her on ticket in 2012.

Rockntractor
01-19-2011, 02:24 PM

Palin’s philosophies are pretty much dead on with mine, but she cannot carry enough independent voters to win.

Please don’t take this the wrong way as it is actually an ardent opinion of my wife’s (Phd Clinical Physiology).

She believes that most women voters will not vote for Palin because of her success and looks, and women tend to be much more critical and jealous of successful and “pretty” women.

In her own words “women are catty, and will not vote *for* the other candidate, but will simply be voting against her”.

Let’s factor that into several known voter demographics, and see what her potential is.

74% of women and 71% of men are registered to vote, and women comprise roughly 52% of the population.

Of the registered voters in 2010 women were more likely than men to vote (65 percent compared with 62 percent).

Historically 55% of female voters vote for Democrats. They also tend to vote for incumbent candidates, especially president regardless of the party.

You cannot carry a presential election without a majority of the female vote period.

Let’s not forget to throw in the number of male voters that will not vote for her simply because she a woman.

I realize this is a "macro" picture, but if you begin to break it down even further, it gets even worse.

IMHO believe it would be a huge mistake for the GOP to put her on ticket in 2012.
You are quite likely correct.

txradioguy
01-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Not that she is a great as he turned out to be...but I will remind you folks that the same things you're saying about Palin and her chances and her "base" were said about Ronald Reagan too.

We ALL know how that turned out.

lacarnut
01-19-2011, 05:10 PM

Quite a few good looking women won Governships, House and Senate seats along with state legislative seats. So, I call your wife's conclusions false. FYI, pocket book issues and health care are the reasons that the Repubs slaughtered the Democrats in 010 rather than sex or race. From my perspective, issues like unemployment, debt, regulations, higher taxes, etc will not improve to a great degree. Therefore, Obama stands to be a one termer.

If Palin decides to run, she will do quite well in the debates. Counting her out before the bell even rings is quite stupid in my opinion. Plus, I do not care what statistics or polls that one digs up. The only thing that counts is the final vote tally.

Granted independents determine Presidential elections. Obama's approval among independents has dropped considerably.

I believe that Palin would be great for the GOP. What will be a huge mistake will be to nominate someone like Romney who is a damn liberal trying to fool us that he has changed spots and became a conservative. If this turkey gets the nomination, I along with millions of real conservatives will stay home. If the blue blood Rockefeller Repubs want conservatives to shut up and sit at the back of the bus, Tea Party conservatives will put up their own candidate in 2016. That will doom the Republican party. Put up another RINO and see what happens. This is not a threat; this is a promise.

Have a nice day. :)

Adam Wood
01-19-2011, 05:51 PM

Boy, howdy, have you (and your wife) got that right.

Surely I'm not the only one who noticed that the loudest, vilest, most vitriolic, most vicious, most fervent anti-Sarah screeching came from (or at least originated with) women. Tanning-bed-gate? Trotted out by a woman. The non-existent banned library books list? A woman. "Sarah is mean and spiteful?" Woman. And on and on and on. Virtually every one of her "scandals" during the campaign was dreamed up by a woman.

Everyone remember your MSDS data on women (http://www.topedge.com/home/people/gaman/jokes/b17.htm):

SUBSTANCE VERIFICATION:
-----------------------

1. Pure specimen turns bright pink when observed in natural state.
2. Turns green when compared to better specimen.

:D

AmPat
01-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Quote:
SUBSTANCE VERIFICATION:
-----------------------

1. Pure specimen turns bright pink when observed in natural state.
2. Turns green when compared to better specimen.
3. Close proximity may cause unintended swelling :o

CueSi
01-20-2011, 05:24 AM
Boy, howdy, have you (and your wife) got that right.

Surely I'm not the only one who noticed that the loudest, vilest, most vitriolic, most vicious, most fervent anti-Sarah screeching came from (or at least originated with) women. Tanning-bed-gate? Trotted out by a woman. The non-existent banned library books list? A woman. "Sarah is mean and spiteful?" Woman. And on and on and on. Virtually every one of her "scandals" during the campaign was dreamed up by a woman.

Everyone remember your MSDS data on women (http://www.topedge.com/home/people/gaman/jokes/b17.htm):

:D

Also agree and will throw in this as a flip side: Women who LIKE Sarah Palin see themselves or a woman that they admire or respect in her. Remember Cassy Fiano and Michelle Malkin with their short lived, "I am Sarah Palin", campaign?

I know one lady who sees her childhood Sunday School Teacher. I see hints of my grandmother as a young woman. Another girl I know sees a pastors wife we both know. Margret Thatcher, an Air Force Sargent, whatever.

If you like her, you'll see someone you like in her. If you don't like her, I think you see the worst of yourself.

~QC