PDA

View Full Version : "No Room At The Christian Inn !"

megimoo
01-18-2011, 08:13 PM
- It is illegal in Britain for guesthouse keepers to refuse to allow two homosexual men to share a bed in their homes, according to a ruling by the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) in a test case sponsored by the country’s leading homosexualist lobby group.

Peter and Hazelmary Bull, devout Christians who own a guesthouse in a popular holiday resort in Cornwall, were ordered by the EHRC to pay a fine of £1,800 each to Martyn Hall and Steven Preddy, two men who had booked a room in September 2008.

The Bulls explained to the Commission that they have a long-standing policy of refusing double rooms to any unmarried couple, no matter what their “orientation,” at the Chymorvah Private Hotel in Marazion near Penzance.Mrs. Bull commented after the hearing, saying she and her husband were “disappointed” with the result.

“Our double-bed policy was based on our sincere beliefs about marriage, not hostility to anybody. It was applied equally and consistently to unmarried heterosexual couples and homosexual couples, as the judge accepted,” she told media.

“We are trying to live and work in accordance with our Christian faith. As a result we have been sued and ordered to pay £3,600. But many Christians have given us gifts, so thanks to them we will be able to pay the damage

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/bed-and-breakfast-owners-fined-for-turning-away-gay-couple

NJCardFan
01-18-2011, 11:09 PM
We have fallen so far into bizzaro world that I don't think we'll ever come back from it. This is like the lesbian couple who sued a photographer who didn't want to do their 'wedding'. Of course, the above story is from Britain which of in a permanent PC sewer.

Novaheart
01-18-2011, 11:23 PM
We have fallen so far into bizzaro world that I don't think we'll ever come back from it. This is like the lesbian couple who sued a photographer who didn't want to do their 'wedding'. Of course, the above story is from Britain which of in a permanent PC sewer.

American law is that certain conduct constitutes offering a public accommodation. Just as you cannot be discriminated against, you cannot discriminate. Anyone operating a hotel , restaurant, or service should know better. You simply don't get to discriminate on that basis.

BTW, I disagree with this interpretation of the law. I don't see why your right to freedom of association comes to a screeching halt when you hang out a sign offering goods or services. I mean, I know why they did it, but I think it's constitutionally indefensible. So are DUI checkpoints and nonborder border crossings but polticians and judges with R's and D's disagree with me, and their opinion actually matters.

Novaheart
01-18-2011, 11:31 PM
- It is illegal in Britain for guesthouse keepers to refuse to allow two homosexual men to share a bed in their homes, according to a ruling by the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) in a test case sponsored by the country’s leading homosexualist lobby group.

Peter and Hazelmary Bull, devout Christians who own a guesthouse in a popular holiday resort in Cornwall, were ordered by the EHRC to pay a fine of £1,800 each to Martyn Hall and Steven Preddy, two men who had booked a room in September 2008.

The Bulls explained to the Commission that they have a long-standing policy of refusing double rooms to any unmarried couple, no matter what their “orientation,” at the Chymorvah Private Hotel in Marazion near Penzance.Mrs. Bull commented after the hearing, saying she and her husband were “disappointed” with the result.

“Our double-bed policy was based on our sincere beliefs about marriage, not hostility to anybody. It was applied equally and consistently to unmarried heterosexual couples and homosexual couples, as the judge accepted,” she told media.

“We are trying to live and work in accordance with our Christian faith. As a result we have been sued and ordered to pay £3,600. But many Christians have given us gifts, so thanks to them we will be able to pay the damage

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/bed-and-breakfast-owners-fined-for-turning-away-gay-couple

Gay hotels typically warn prospective customers who seem out of place, but give the customer the choice rather than excluding a class of people.

The desk clerk at the Renegade Hotel in Rehoboth Beach used to have a standard spiel, "I'll be glad to rent you a room, but I feel it fair to warn you that this is a mostly gay resort with a discotheque and it can get a little rowdy, things don't quiet down until about 2am. On the other hand, it's a lot of fun and there are no refunds. Would you like a room?"