PDA

View Full Version : Mom Brag Moment

Shannon
06-06-2008, 10:58 AM
Again.:D I spent the morning at the 5th grade awards ceremony at Tristan's school. I have officially run out of space for his trophies. He took home more awards than any other kid. My favorite is the one that reads "Tristan...President". I like the sound of that.:D I'm so proud of that little brat!

linda22003
06-06-2008, 11:01 AM
"Tender, maternal" Shannon is the scariest side of you I have seen yet. :eek:
Congratulations on the child's accomplishments. :)

Gingersnap
06-06-2008, 11:21 AM
"Tender, maternal" Shannon is the scariest side of you I have seen yet. :eek:
Congratulations on the child's accomplishments. :)

She'll be slapping him around and denying him snakes by this afternoon. These moods pass very quickly.

Congratulations for raising a good kid! :D

Shannon
06-06-2008, 11:26 AM
She'll be slapping him around and denying him snakes by this afternoon. These moods pass very quickly.

Congratulations for raising a good kid! :D

I was going to reply something along those lines but mine involved wire hangers.:D

Thanks guys. I know I've done a good job so far but sometimes he still just astounds me. At one point the presenter said " And again, Tristan...":D

DarkScribe
06-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Again.:D I spent the morning at the 5th grade awards ceremony at Tristan's school. I have officially run out of space for his trophies. He took home more awards than any other kid. My favorite is the one that reads "Tristan...President". I like the sound of that.:D I'm so proud of that little brat!

You forgot the part where it was a little bit embarrassing having his name called up to the stage again and again...and I was the one sneaking up as close to the stage as I could to take pictures...I felt the eyes of the other parents glaring at me...in jealousy...or was it my imagination? :p

Naw, good for him, really! Proud of the kid and hopefully he does just as well as a middle schooler...I'm sure he will...

BSR
06-06-2008, 02:05 PM

Oh I see. NOW its Tristian.... All the other times its "The Brat" with you.. :D

DarkScribe
06-06-2008, 02:06 PM

He goes by both names, dude...they're interchangeable! :p

noonwitch
06-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Does Tristan go to middle school in the fall, then? Middle school can be a hard transition, but you seem like the kind of mom who has ensured her kid is thick-skinned enough not to be bothered by obnoxious peers.

Congrats on raising such a good kid!

Goldwater
06-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Conservatism works!

DarkScribe
06-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Does Tristan go to middle school in the fall, then? Middle school can be a hard transition, but you seem like the kind of mom who has ensured her kid is thick-skinned enough not to be bothered by obnoxious peers.

Congrats on raising such a good kid!

Yep, middle school in the fall. Hopefully the transition won't be too difficult. I think he'll struggle a little bit but pull himself together enough to realize if he gets poor grades he'll be grounded, no computer and/or phone time...no computer/phone will be enough to turn him around, for sure! :D

Shannon
06-06-2008, 06:41 PM

I still called him a brat.:p

Lanie
06-06-2008, 06:42 PM
That's cool. Congratulations. :)

Jumpy
06-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Congratulations!!!! You do have bragging rights with that kid, that's for sure. You must be doing something right, eh?

Shannon
06-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Congratulations!!!! You do have bragging rights with that kid, that's for sure. You must be doing something right, eh?

I'm convinced that it's the daily beatings.:D

DarkScribe
06-06-2008, 08:24 PM

Yes, Mommy Dearest...:D

Jumpy
06-06-2008, 09:48 PM

Atta girl!! Either that or the kid just takes after his father. :p

Please tell me that you dont have a bumper sticker that brags about your honor student kid. :D

Shannon
06-06-2008, 09:52 PM
Atta girl!! Either that or the kid just takes after his father. :p

Please tell me that you dont have a bumper sticker that brags about your honor student kid. :D

He definitely does not take after his father. He's mine through and through.

I have the bumper sticker that says "my kid beat up your honor student".:p

jendf
06-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Congratulations, Shannon and Dark Scribe!

Bubba Dawg
06-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Nicely done all three of you, Dark Scribe, Shannon, and Tristan.

DarkScribe
06-07-2008, 10:13 PM

Thanks, BD. Not a whole lotta work...just a lot of mean looks and threats. Oh, and of course, brandishing wire hangers...:D

Shannon
06-07-2008, 11:22 PM

Why did you put DarkScribe's name first?:mad:

Phillygirl
06-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Congrats to the little hanger!! Nicely done.