PDA

View Full Version : I need to find a left-wing Michelle Malkin for my class

Adam Wood
01-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Cognitive dissonance, thy name is DU (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x228649).

adigal (1000+ posts) Wed Jan-19-11 11:01 AM
Original message
I need to find a left-wing Michelle Malkin for my class
I am teaching rhetoric to my class, I have shown them a Michelle Malkin editorial, and I am trying to find someone far out on the left, with the same kind of almost-violent rhetoric, but I am having trouble. Any suggestions??? Thanks,
Adigal

Well, Adigal, the answer is "pretty much all of them." But, of course, that wouldn't work at DU.

itsrobert (1000+ posts) Wed Jan-19-11 11:06 AM
Response to Original message
1. Does not exist.
Your editorial would be better if you did not try and pull a "they do it too" main stream media argument.
ClassWarrior (1000+ posts) Wed Jan-19-11 11:07 AM
2. Nope. None.

NGU.
Journeyman (1000+ posts) Wed Jan-19-11 11:08 AM
3. I believe your best hope, adigal, is to start penning violent ravings yourself. . .
otherwise, I don't believe you'll find anyone on the left with that flavor of kookiness. . .
w8liftinglady (1000+ posts) Wed Jan-19-11 11:10 AM
5. The problem is.. ours have facts to back up their rhetoric..
you won't find anyone since 2002-2005,honestly,with over-the-top .. and even then,the writings were fact based.HHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAAAHAHAAAHH!!!
H2O Man (1000+ posts) Wed Jan-19-11 11:10 AM
7. Don't.
Why waste your students' time to push a false idea?Remember, DU and the Left have "facts," like this one.
yodermon (1000+ posts) Wed Jan-19-11 11:14 AM
11. Have your studends search for the left-wing violent rhetoric.
When they can't find any either... <insert learning-moment here> OK. Let's try that (http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=left-wing+violent+rhetoric&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=f478bdfafcb0c911).

Whoops! Look what the top result is (http://michellemalkin.com/2011/01/10/the-progressive-climate-of-hate-an-illustrated-primer-2000-2010/). Be sure to do this in front of your class, Adigal.

Better yet, just show them your happy little home at DU. That should show them all of the violent, hateful Leftist rhetoric they will ever need.

NJCardFan
01-19-2011, 12:58 PM
A leftist version of Michelle Malkin? I guess these people never heard of Keith Olbermann. Oh, and I need examples of Malkin's violent rhetoric.

Rockntractor
01-19-2011, 12:59 PM
There is nothing violent about Michelle Malkin.

AmPat
01-19-2011, 01:44 PM
There is nothing violent about Michelle Malkin.

I agree. This is a fool's errand as there is no lefty that is intelligent or knowledgeable enough to compare with Malkin. Lefty bloggers depend on their handlers to spoon feed talking points, memes, sound bites and lies. There is no basis in facts or reality for lefties, only rage and hatred. Michelle uses the idiocy of the left against them and they don't like it. :cool:

PoliCon
01-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Maulkin does tend to push the envelope . . . but I'd hardly call her violent. :rolleyes:

Now if she wants violent rhetoric - she need only tune in to MSNBC and she'll find a whole network of it.

Rockntractor
01-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Of course, truth pushes the envelope. Why can't we all be politically correct and just get along.

PoliCon
01-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Of course, truth pushes the envelope. Why can't we all be politically correct and just get along.

I do not generally have a problem with what she says. How it's said is not the same as what is said.