PDA

View Full Version : "China: Americas New Landlord !"

megimoo
01-19-2011, 09:19 PM
-- If you owed somebody a lot of money, let's say for the sake of argument nearly $900 billion, you probably wouldn't want to make this creditor angry, right?Tell that to President Obama, Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner and several members of Congress.

China is the largest foreign holder of U.S. debt. Despite this fact, many politicians are talking tough (perhaps tougher than they should be) about China's artificially low currency and how that affects trade relations between the two world powers.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/01/18/news/international/thebuzz/index.htm

Wei Wu Wei
01-19-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm loving this "be scared of china because when people own you they control you" argument because the truth about America is that half of this nation is owned by a very tiny portion of people at the very very top who bend the government to their will and rig the system in their favor.

The irony is so sweet, so thick, like maple syrup

Rockntractor
01-19-2011, 09:38 PM

Light Amber, Medium Amber or Dark Amber?

NJCardFan
01-19-2011, 09:42 PM
I'm loving this "be scared of china because when people own you they control you" argument because the truth about America is that half of this nation is owned by a very tiny portion of people at the very very top who bend the government to their will and rig the system in their favor.

Please present your evidence from reliable sources.

megimoo
01-19-2011, 11:39 PM
Please present your evidence from reliable sources.He gets most of his data from his Butt !

m00
01-19-2011, 11:41 PM

Assuming this is true (and I don't believe it is), wouldn't you rather the "people at the top" be American and therefore in theory subject to the laws of the land, whenever Congress gets the balls to do something about it... as opposed to China, who is not subject to our laws and never will be?