PDA

View Full Version : " Moseley Braun Throws The Lewinsky Scandal Into Clinton's Face !"

megimoo
01-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Chicago mayoral candidate Carol Moseley Braun on Wednesday reminded former President Bill Clinton that the black community stayed loyal to him during the Monica Lewinsky scandal as she called his campaign appearance for Rahm Emanuel a “betrayal” of the city’s African-Americans and Latinos.

“The African-American community if you remember when he was having Monica Lewinsky problems stuck by him,” Braun said told NBCChicago at an event on Chicago’s north side.“Then to go and not endorse any of the minority candidates, or just to stay out of it, that would have been the best,” she added. “The minority community stayed with Bill Clinton when Monica Lewinsky almost took his job.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47818.html

Calypso Jones
01-20-2011, 06:26 PM
lovely.

Lager
01-20-2011, 06:33 PM
I did not know she was running as well as Rahm. God help my home town if either of those two are elected.

Madisonian
01-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Throwing out the race card a bit early isn't she?

megimoo
01-20-2011, 06:48 PM
She's 'Race baiting' our first black president !

fettpett
01-20-2011, 07:06 PM

not really, the election is in a couple months...The whole election is a joke...there are, I think, a total of 4 Dems running for Mayor, Sadly there is no GOP contender

CueSi
01-20-2011, 07:06 PM
She's 'Race baiting' our first black president !

If I was allowed to smack Toni Morrison and get a nickel for every time I heard that damn phrase, I'd be a rich woman and Toni Morrison would be incoherent.

~QC

megimoo
01-20-2011, 07:24 PM
If I was allowed to smack Toni Morrison and get a nickel for every time I heard that damn phrase, I'd be a rich woman and Toni Morrison would be incoherent.

~QC"our first black president" ..?

CueSi
01-20-2011, 10:46 PM
"our first black president" ..?

Yeah. THAT phrase. I hate it. It's inaccurate and caters to some of our worst stereotypes - - Clinton's father wasn't present, he's a serial philanderer...etc.

~QC

Rockntractor
01-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Yeah. THAT phrase. I hate it. It's inaccurate and caters to some of our worst stereotypes - - Clinton's father wasn't present, he's a serial philanderer...etc.

~QC
I couldn't believe he got away with that one in the first place.

megimoo
01-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Old 'slick' is a cameleon,he can change color and accent as need be .

CueSi
01-21-2011, 01:20 AM

Toni Morrison conferred it on him and he ran with it.

~QC

Madisonian
01-21-2011, 05:29 PM

~QC
How do you know if it is inaccurate?
If we use the old "one drop rule" it may be true and if you go for ethnic purity, Obama isn't black either.
Charlize Theron has more of a claim to being African American that Obama does.

What is the standard this week?