PDA

View Full Version : Another Question To Our Liberal Friends

NJCardFan
01-20-2011, 08:49 PM
This one is pretty straight forward but a constant meme on the left is that we have a responsibility as a society to take care of the less fortunate. Now, I don't have a problem helping out someone down on their luck but at what point do we require people to provide for themselves? The DUmmie thread about minimal living requirements got me thinking especially considering some were advocating that the government provide such "necessities" as internet access. But, I digress. At what point do we require people to start taking care of themselves? Is it right that some families go through generation after generation on public assistance? I'm curious to your answers.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
01-20-2011, 08:53 PM
This one is pretty straight forward but a constant meme on the left is that we have a responsibility as a society to take care of the less fortunate. Now, I don't have a problem helping out someone down on their luck but at what point do we require people to provide for themselves? The DUmmie thread about minimal living requirements got me thinking especially considering some were advocating that the government provide such "necessities" as internet access. But, I digress. At what point do we require people to start taking care of themselves? Is it right that some families go through generation after generation on public assistance? I'm curious to your answers.

No, I believe in limited public assistance.
5 years (and 5 years only in a lifetime) and within a 1.5 years on public assistance they have to get a job or are kicked off.

Rockntractor
01-20-2011, 08:58 PM
5 years (and 5 years only in a lifetime) and within a 1.5 years on public assistance they have to get a job or are kicked off.

That will never happen as long as the democrats are allowed to buy votes, as soon as people that are living off from money for public welfare (paid for no work) are no longer allowed to vote, this will stop.

NJCardFan
01-20-2011, 09:06 PM

They tried that after the 1994 mid-terms and it hasn't worked.