PDA

View Full Version : "Are You Ready ?"

megimoo
01-21-2011, 08:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmLhyPjHVes

NJCardFan
01-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Wow. Talk about getting it wrong. There would be clothes all over the place with nobody in them. Also, I've read the Left Behind books and found them entertaining, however, there is not one reference in the Bible about a rapture.

AmPat
01-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Wow. Talk about getting it wrong. There would be clothes all over the place with nobody in them. Also, I've read the Left Behind books and found them entertaining, however, there is not one reference in the Bible about a rapture.

The word rapture is not in the Bible. It is a word used to describe the various passages that describe the events of Jesus' second coming. :cool:

Wei Wu Wei
01-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Time is short, spend what little you have serving others

Articulate_Ape
01-21-2011, 02:26 PM
He's crying because he wasted all those Sunday mornings for nothing. He got robbed.

Wei Wu Wei
01-21-2011, 02:28 PM
he wasn't crying hejust instantly decided to convert to islam because whatever he was doing didn't work out for him

NJCardFan
01-21-2011, 02:59 PM
He's crying because he wasted all those Sunday mornings for nothing. He got robbed.

He's crying because what was being preached to him actually came to pass and because he didn't believe it in his heart, he was left behind. Read the first Left Behind book because there are a lot of people in the book who were church goers who were left behind including one of the early main characters who was the church deacon. But all isn't lost on those left behind and it isn't too late to accept Christ. The book series was great even if you leave out the preachy parts. The story of the rise of the Anti-Christ and the resulting war is great, however, the books ends on a fizzle. And the prequels and sequel wasn't too great either.

Articulate_Ape
01-21-2011, 03:04 PM
He's crying because what was being preached to him actually came to pass and because he didn't believe it in his heart, he was left behind. Read the first Left Behind book because there are a lot of people in the book who were church goers who were left behind including one of the early main characters who was the church deacon. But all isn't lost on those left behind and it isn't too late to accept Christ. The book series was great even if you leave out the preachy parts. The story of the rise of the Anti-Christ and the resulting war is great, however, the books ends on a fizzle. And the prequels and sequel wasn't too great either.

Don't even get me started on the whole "rapture" thing. I find it absurd on every level from scriptural context to simple rational context. It mystifies me that otherwise intelligent, lucid, and scripturally knowledgeable people can buy into such a contradictory and unsupportable notion. But to each their own.

megimoo
01-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Don't even get me started on the whole "rapture" thing. I find it absurd on every level from scriptural context to simple rational context. It mystifies me that otherwise intelligent, lucid, and scripturally knowledgeable people can buy into such a contradictory and unsupportable notion. But to each their own.
The doctrine of the rapture was popularized by John Darby, an Anglo-Irish evangelis while Scofield and others took it over.As there was no Christian teaching of a “rapture” before Darby began preaching about it in the 1830s.
The fact is,however, John Darby received the knowledge of the doctrine from someone else. His source was Margaret Macdonald.The studies of Mr. MacPherson show that her sickness during which she received her visions and revelations occurred sometime between February 1 and April 14, 1830. By late spring and early summer of 1830, her belief in the two phases of Christ’s coming was mentioned in praise and prayer meetings in several towns of western Scotland.

Articulate_Ape
01-21-2011, 03:45 PM
The doctrine of the rapture was popularized by John Darby, an Anglo-Irish evangelis while Scofield and others took it over.As there was no Christian teaching of a “rapture” before Darby began preaching about it in the 1830s.
The fact is,however, John Darby received the knowledge of the doctrine from someone else. His source was Margaret Macdonald.The studies of Mr. MacPherson show that her sickness during which she received her visions and revelations occurred sometime between February 1 and April 14, 1830. By late spring and early summer of 1830, her belief in the two phases of Christ’s coming was mentioned in praise and prayer meetings in several towns of western Scotland.

Yup.

megimoo
01-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Yup.It's always best to stick with the actual word of GOD in the bible!

AmPat
01-21-2011, 08:36 PM
It's always best to stick with the actual word of GOD in the bible!

Matthew 24:30-36
................."No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. (NIV)
Matthew 24:40-41 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left. (NIV)
John 14:1-3 Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. (NIV)
Acts 1:9-11 After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.
They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven." (NIV)
1 Corinthians 15:51-52 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. (NIV)
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. (NIV)
Philippians 3:20-21 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body. (NIV)
2 Thessalonians 2:1-12

I'd try to formulate an opinion surrounding these verses, I'd want to know what it meant and perhaps give the opinion a name like "Rapture."

Rockntractor
01-21-2011, 08:39 PM

Who are you, a Jeffrey Dahmer copycat!:eek:

NJCardFan
01-21-2011, 09:11 PM
It's always best to stick with the actual word of GOD in the bible!

*sigh* Um, not necessarily. Bibles are produced by man and is said to be God's word.

Rockntractor
01-21-2011, 09:14 PM
*sigh* Um, not necessarily. Bibles are produced by man and is said to be God's word.

Not another shade tree theologian!:eek:

NJCardFan
01-21-2011, 09:44 PM
Not another shade tree theologian!:eek:

No, just stating a fact. The Bible is written by men and translated multiple times. Hell, the NIV and King James can't even agree on actual translations let alone be the be all that ends all word of God.

Rockntractor
01-21-2011, 09:50 PM
No, just stating a fact. The Bible is written by men and translated multiple times. Hell, the NIV and King James can't even agree on actual translations let alone be the be all that ends all word of God.

Oh that is rich, you should get that published!

megimoo
01-21-2011, 11:26 PM

As usual it boils down to a question of faith.The word of GOD as written by fallible, divinely inspired men is protected by GOD .

The Patmos Vision

The apostle St John on Patmos writes . I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet, 11 saying, “Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”

m00
01-22-2011, 01:49 AM

Sure, but that doesn't mean the originals weren't accurate if you were fluent in 2000 year old Greek or 5000 year old Hebrew.

hampshirebrit
01-22-2011, 06:24 AM
Wow. Talk about getting it wrong. There would be clothes all over the place with nobody in them.

Really? Don't the clothes, wallets, watches and dental implants get to go as well?

Oh well.

megimoo
01-22-2011, 07:44 AM
Really? Don't the clothes, wallets, watches and dental implants get to go as well?

Oh well.In the spirit, not in the flesh !

Rockntractor
01-22-2011, 12:29 PM

Oh well.

Sorry Hampstershire, I know what you're thinking, there are no ipads in heaven. God uses windows!

NJCardFan
01-22-2011, 02:48 PM

Oh well.

Again, just basing this off of the Left Behind story, when the rapture came, all worldly possessions are left behind including hearing aides, dentures, artificial medical implants, and clothes. Of course, when you arrived in Heaven you were given your clichéd robe and sandals(as evidenced by the prequel book The Rapture).

m00
01-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Again, just basing this off of the Left Behind story, when the rapture came, all worldly possessions are left behind including hearing aides, dentures, artificial medical implants, and clothes.

What about breast implants? Does a naked stripper disappear in a puff of smoke and then two silicon bags drop to the floor?

NJCardFan
01-22-2011, 03:06 PM
What about breast implants? Does a naked stripper disappear in a puff of smoke and then two silicon bags drop to the floor?
One would assume. Would be creepy to see. This would be worth being at the Playboy mansion when the rapture hits. :D

Articulate_Ape
01-22-2011, 03:32 PM

If the myth is to be believed, I suspect that a naked stripper won't be going along for the ride.

m00
01-22-2011, 03:39 PM
If the myth is to be believed, I suspect that a naked stripper won't be going along for the ride.

Why? Jesus preached to the masses, and specifically prostitutes and lepers and other "shunned" people. It's not like Jesus doesn't understand sometimes you have to strip to get by.

Articulate_Ape
01-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Why? Jesus preached to the masses, and specifically prostitutes and lepers and other "shunned" people. It's not like Jesus doesn't understand sometimes you have to strip to get by.

I imagine Jesus does. However, Jesus isn't the one who came up with the goofy idea in the first place, it was people who have their own criteria.

Rockntractor
01-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Theologians are popping up here like mushrooms!:eek:

Articulate_Ape
01-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Theologians are popping up here like mushrooms!:eek:

There's no reason to start calling people names.

Odysseus
01-22-2011, 04:12 PM
That's very nice of you. Since I expect that we won't be seeing much of you, as the one thing that you can do for us is leave, allow me to wish you a less than fond adieu.

So much for it being heaven. :rolleyes:

Articulate_Ape
01-22-2011, 04:21 PM
So much for it being heaven. :rolleyes:

Shaddap and take your robe and sandals and get in the harp line. :p

Odysseus
01-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Shaddap and take your robe and sandals and get in the harp line. :p
Yeah, I know where this is going...
http://luchins.com/dickery/Donald_Duck_Jew-harp.jpg

Articulate_Ape
01-22-2011, 04:44 PM