PDA

View Full Version : Facebook increasingly implicated in divorce

hampshirebrit
01-21-2011, 03:10 PM
For most people, Facebook is a harmless way to keep in touch with friends and family.

But flirtations on the social networking site are now becoming a major factor in marriage breakdowns.
Family lawyers have revealed that the problem has become so great that almost every divorce they have dealt with in the past year has involved the website.

One expert said she had dealt with 30 cases in the last nine months and Facebook had been implicated in them all.

Whilst another online law company said one in five of their divorce petitions in the past year contain references to Facebook.

Full color-me-seven-shades-of-shocked article here (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/facebook/8274601/Facebook-increasingly-implicated-in-divorce.html)

txradioguy
01-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Full color-me-seven-shades-of-shocked article here (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/facebook/8274601/Facebook-increasingly-implicated-in-divorce.html)

Can't imagine why my wife would get upset that I'm looking up and talking to old girlfriends from High School and College.

:rolleyes:

ralph wiggum
01-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Can't imagine why my wife would get upset that I'm looking up and talking to old girlfriends from High School and College.

:rolleyes:

It is good for us single folks. :cool:

hampshirebrit
01-21-2011, 04:55 PM
It is good for us single folks. :cool:

Yeah, just not so good for the married women we might like to "befriend".

lacarnut
01-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Yeah, just not so good for the married women we might like to "befriend".

Could be dangerous also.:eek:

Gingersnap
01-21-2011, 05:44 PM
People already have enough scope to get into trouble right in real life.

fettpett
01-21-2011, 07:42 PM
not surprised at all by this...my mom has gotten pissed at my dad for yakking at girls on FB...

Articulate_Ape
01-21-2011, 07:55 PM
People already have enough scope to get into trouble right in real life.

Any tips? :p

malloc
01-21-2011, 08:07 PM
I use FB some, mostly just to keep in touch with Marine buddies, old high school buddies and the like. I really don't see myself getting into any trouble over it.

Bubba Dawg
01-21-2011, 08:14 PM
I went on Facebook and set up an account. I really didn't know about privacy settings. At first it was just people I know who friended me and then friends of friends and then I started getting friend requests from females who sent me naked pictures and wanted to sell me other pictures.

I found out about privacy settings.

Gingersnap
01-22-2011, 12:26 AM
Any tips? :p

From my own experience, merely walking up to a counter and buying ammo or a gun seems to be an irresistible opportunity for sexual exploration on behalf of any males within 30 feet.

Of course, they're polite. They have a reasonable expectation that I'm armed.