PDA

View Full Version : ChinkPlinker plays insulting Anti American selection at WH

Calypso Jones
01-23-2011, 03:12 PM
so what did Obama do?

http://weaselzippers.us/2011/01/23/chinese-pianist-played-anti-american-communist-propaganda-song-at-white-house-state-dinner/

chinkplinker not meant for insult although they deserve it but rather for the alliteration. Be that as it may.

SaintLouieWoman
01-23-2011, 04:44 PM
so what did Obama do?

http://weaselzippers.us/2011/01/23/chinese-pianist-played-anti-american-communist-propaganda-song-at-white-house-state-dinner/

chinkplinker not meant for insult although they deserve it but rather for the alliteration. Be that as it may.

I suspect Obama did nothing. Since we're now a debtor nation to the Chinese, I guess they figure they can insult us to our face with impunity. I can't believe they did it at a state dinner. You would have thought that someone in the Obama camp would understand how we were being directly insulted.

Apache
01-23-2011, 05:29 PM
I suspect Obama did nothing. Since we're now a debtor nation to the Chinese, I guess they figure they can insult us to our face with impunity. I can't believe they did it at a state dinner. You would have thought that someone in the Obama camp would understand how we were being directly insulted.

That would imply that Zero has respect for this great nation. He has none...

Kay
01-23-2011, 06:34 PM
.....about six minutes into his set, Lang Lang began tapping out a famous anti-American propaganda melody from the Korean War: .....propaganda has always referred to the Korean War as the “movement to resist America and help [North] Korea.” The message of the propaganda is that the United States is an enemy—in fighting in the Korean War the United States’ real goal was said to be to invade and conquer China. The victory at Triangle Hill was promoted as a victory over imperialists.

...... “When friends are here, there is fine wine /But if the jackal comes /What greets it is the hunting rifle.” The “jackal” in the song is the United States.

Not just insulting to the US for this to be played at a State dinner,
but it sounds to me like a warning also for us to stay out of Korea's affairs.

SaintLouieWoman
01-23-2011, 09:22 PM

Good observation. Obama is defintely in over his head.

Calypso Jones
01-23-2011, 09:36 PM
eviction notice. Has it ever been tried before?

Apocalypse
01-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Chinese Pianist Plays Anti-American Propaganda Song at White House State Dinner

‘In Your Face’ Performance Thrills Millions

The world famous musician, Lang Lang, performed it much to the delight of Hu Jintao and the other delegates. The name of the song is “My Motherland,” originally titled “Big River.”, and dates from the Korean War. In an interview broadcast on Phoenix TV, the first thing Lang Lang is quoted as saying is that he chose the piece himself, to deliberately provoke. A video of the performance has been played all over the Chinese-speaking world, electrifying anti-Western audiences.

He said, “I thought to play ‘My Motherland’ because I think playing the tune at the White House banquet can help us, as Chinese people, feel extremely proud of ourselves and express our feelings through the song. I think it’s especially good. Also, I like the tune in and of itself, every time I hear it I feel extremely moved.”

Here’s a link:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/did-chinese-pianist-play-anti-american-tune-at-white-house/#comment-550915

Novaheart
01-23-2011, 10:37 PM
The local Catholic Church played the Battle Hymn Of The Republic in our 4th of July parade.

Odysseus
01-24-2011, 12:22 PM
January 24, 2011
Rick Moran

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/01/insulting_chinese_antiamerican.html
It isn't really that strange that the Chinese pianist who played at the White House state dinner for President Hu would slap America in the face by playing a blatantly anti-American song well known in China.

What's also not very surprising to me is that our State Department must also have known about the significance of the tune and chose to accept the insult by not saying anything. The Epoch Times (http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/49822/):

At the White House State dinner on Jan. 19, about six minutes into his set, Lang Lang began tapping out a famous anti-American propaganda melody from the Korean War: the theme song to the movie "Battle on Shangganling Mountain."
The film depicts a group of "People's Volunteer Army" soldiers who are first hemmed in at Shanganling (or Triangle Hill) and then, when reinforcements arrive, take up their rifles and counterattack the U.S. military "jackals."
The movie and the tune are widely known among Chinese, and the song has been a leading piece of anti-American propaganda by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) for decades.

How insulting is it?

The song Lang Lang played describes how beautiful China is and then near the end has this verse, "When friends are here, there is fine wine /But if the jackal comes /What greets it is the hunting rifle." The "jackal" in the song is the United States.

This was no unintentional diplomatic faux pas. This was crudely obvious, deliberate effort to smack down the United States and elevate China, as Mr. Lang makes crystal clear:

"Playing this song praising China to heads of state from around the world seems to tell them that our China is formidable, that our Chinese people are united; I feel deeply honored and proud."

Reports also indicate the selection went over very well in China.

Now, we musn't make a big deal out of this. If we do, it means we all want the cold war to come back. Since the left insults America on a daily basis, what's wrong with a foreigner doing it? It's no big deal that a country that is proving its desire to compete with us in Asia - even destroy our influence and drive us out of the region (official Chinese military policy) - comes into the president's house and, in effect, spits in his eye.

We just aren't enlightened enough to understand that we should welcome China's coming hegemony with open arms. And despite their refusal to rein in North Korea, their encouragement of the Iranian nuclear program, and their dismissive attitude toward any and all concerns of the United States on trade, currency, and intellectual property, that doesn't mean we should start treating them as a competitor and not a partner.

After all, what are you people? Warmongers?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The reason that this story is significant is that it demonstrates to the Chinese people that the US can be slapped around with impugnity by their leadership. We don't get unadulterated news from China, so most Americans are unaware of the massive unrest there. The government has two claims to legitimacy: Economic growth and nationalism. The economic growth has stopped, for the moment, leaving tens of millions of Chinese workers who have left their farms for work in the cities in a highly precarious state. They need a scapegoat, and we're it.

This isn't simply an embarrassing faux pas, it's a deliberate slap, and a sign of more to come.

Bongo55
01-24-2011, 03:16 PM
Its probably one of obama's favorite songs.

Odysseus
01-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Partly, but it's more for their domestic consumption. China's regime looks a lot more stable than it is. Their economy, which had been growing exponentially, is now in recession, and they have tens of millions of laborers who moved to the cities to find jobs, and who are now out of work or working for reduced wages, and many of the factories that employed them have closed without paying them their back pay. That's a huge problem for any nation, but for China, whose Communist Party has lost tremendous face over the last decades, it is especially dangerous. The only remaining card that the party can play is the nationalism card. They have already ramped up the rhetoric about affluent Americans, and are working at placing blame on us for their troubles. A public humiliation of our leadership plays to their nationalist elements. Expect more of this in the future, plus more dangerous confrontations. As long as Hu and company need a scapegoat, we'll be it.

The local Catholic Church played the Battle Hymn Of The Republic in our 4th of July parade.

Uh, what's your point?

Rockntractor
01-24-2011, 05:36 PM
Uh, what's your point?

Nova has had a few to many poppers over the years.

Calypso Jones
01-24-2011, 10:43 PM
GIVE IT A REST AMERICA. White House Totally Cool with the smack in the face by China.

http://weaselzippers.us/2011/01/24/obama-regime-yeah-were-totally-cool-chinese-pianist-playing-anti-american-song-at-white-house-state-dinner/

after all. baron samedi is just a little commie community organizer and not one of the Communist party elites.

PoliCon
01-25-2011, 12:34 AM

and?

PoliCon
01-25-2011, 12:36 AM
Whomever is running the protocol office at the White House right now needs to be fired.

Odysseus
01-25-2011, 12:46 PM
GIVE IT A REST AMERICA. White House Totally Cool with the smack in the face by China.

http://weaselzippers.us/2011/01/24/obama-regime-yeah-were-totally-cool-chinese-pianist-playing-anti-american-song-at-white-house-state-dinner/

after all. baron samedi is just a little commie community organizer and not one of the Communist party elites.
Could these guys be any more clueless?

…White House spokesman Tommy Vietor told ABC News that “any suggestion that this was an insult to the United States is just flat wrong. As Lang Lang has stated before, he plays this song regularly because it is one of his favorite Chinese melodies, which is very widely known and popular in China for its melody. Lang Lang played the song without lyrics or reference to any political themes during the entertainment portion of the State Dinner. He simply stated the song’s title and noted it was well known in China.”

Okay, so if I were to play an instrumental version of "The Bitch is Back" without any lyrics or reference to politics at a Hillary Clinton campaign rally, there's no insult?

Whomever is running the protocol office at the White House right now needs to be fired.

Along with the rest of the administration.

PoliCon
01-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Along with the rest of the administration.I'm very much in favor of voting this administration out of office - but the protocol office that Barry has in right now - they all need to be fired. The sooner the better.