PDA

View Full Version : Tea Partiers open to military spending cuts.....

Lanie
01-23-2011, 03:37 PM
No link because I keep finding Associated Press articles. I just thought it would be interesting to bring up.

Apache
01-23-2011, 03:53 PM
No link because I keep finding Associated Press articles. I just thought it would be interesting to bring up.

Are those a no-no? :confused:

Wei Wu Wei
01-23-2011, 03:53 PM
It doesn't make sense to pretend that military spending isn't part of government spending.

Lanie
01-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Are those a no-no? :confused:

It's just that the Democrats have been put down for cutting in military spending and I'm pretty sure the tea party is going to get away with it. It'll suddenly become okay to cut in military spending. I figure it's either right or wrong to cut military spending. It's not okay for tea partiers and not okay for Dems.

Rockntractor
01-23-2011, 04:07 PM
It's just that the Democrats have been put down for cutting in military spending and I'm pretty sure the tea party is going to get away with it. It'll suddenly become okay to cut in military spending. I figure it's either right or wrong to cut military spending. It's not okay for tea partiers and not okay for Dems.

It always depends on where and how they cut the military budget

Apache
01-23-2011, 04:21 PM

What Rock said. There are probably many areas that military spending is wasteful and or redundant. There are also projects and programs that the military don't want or need being forced down their throats. Those are good areas to start.

Now you start messing with needed supplies or weapons platforms then you'll raise the ire of the Conservative.

fettpett
01-23-2011, 08:38 PM
What Rock said. There are probably many areas that military spending is wasteful and or redundant. There are also projects and programs that the military don't want or need being forced down their throats. Those are good areas to start.

Now you start messing with needed supplies or weapons platforms then you'll raise the ire of the Conservative.

completely agree...Personally feel that there needs to be an continuous audit of Military spending to fix these issues, i know they are doing one, but not sure how often after this one is done it will be done. Every 5 years seems reasonable to me not too often to be over bearing, not to long of a time to go overboard.

There should be some exceptions, as clearance for some projects should remain in place, but for public knowledge programs and the day to day operations the adults should be regular

Rockntractor
01-23-2011, 08:49 PM
There should be some exceptions, as clearance for some projects should remain in place, but for public knowledge programs and the day to day operations the adults should be regular

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/puzzled.jpg

fettpett
01-23-2011, 09:10 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/puzzled.jpg

I'm referring to black ops, top secret R&D projects that Should be kept under wraps for National Security purposes