PDA

View Full Version : CU State Of The Union Thread!

SarasotaRepub
01-25-2011, 06:56 AM
Yes, I know it isn't till 9pm EST but I figured we'd start talking about it a widdle early.

So till he starts reading the prompter, what do you think POTUS is going to say?
How long into the speech before the DUmmies disown him? Again. :D
What do you think of the latest stupid idea of having the Dems and us sit next to each other??? Isn't that just soooo kute???? I've heard they get extra TV time if they hold hands. :D No kissing though...

fettpett
01-25-2011, 11:56 AM
it'll be "Blah blah blah...I'm great...blah blah blah...I'm your savior...blah blah blah....All bow before me....blah blah blah..."

Then Ryan will come on and lay out his plan for the Economy

Then all the idiot talking heads will praise and bow before the Obassiah

ralph wiggum
01-25-2011, 12:26 PM
STATE OF THE UNION BINGO (http://www.atr.org/obama-state-union-bingo-a5781)

Rebel Yell
01-25-2011, 01:31 PM
What do you think of the latest stupid idea of having the Dems and us sit next to each other??? Isn't that just soooo kute???? I've heard they get extra TV time if they hold hands. :D No kissing though...
[/LIST]
I have sat next to hundreds of people I don't like in my lifetime. Guess what? I still don't like them.

patriot45
01-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Boy I sure hope I remember to unload the Ruger before dry firing at the TV tonite! :D

Articulate_Ape
01-25-2011, 04:16 PM
I wonder which union he will talk about, SEIU, UAW, NEA...?

fettpett
01-25-2011, 04:40 PM
he's going to try and steal the GOP"s thunder
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/25/AR2011012504068.html?hpid=topnews

Obama to propose five-year spending freeze in State of the Union address
By Anne E. Kornblut and Lori Montgomery
Washington Post Staff Writers
Tuesday, January 25, 2011; 4:15 PM
President Obama will call for reducing the deficit during his State of the Union address on Tuesday night, proposing a five-year freeze on non-defense government spending, officials said.The freeze is among the ideas Obama will roll out as he emphasizes the economy in an address that White House officials hope is long on vision for the next two years - and short on the kinds of mundane laundry lists that have often defined such speeches.

Facing a Republican House for the first time, Obama has a chance to reset his relationship with his political foes, inviting a level of bipartisanship at the midway mark in his term. He is expected to tackle the economy from several angles, all with potential bipartisan appeal: talking about the need for greater American competitiveness in the world marketplace; calling for a reduction in deficit spending by the federal government; and promising new efforts to curb unemployment, in partnership with businesses.

Hawkgirl
01-25-2011, 05:48 PM
If I have nothing to do, and they stream it on fOX, I may listen to the first 5 minutes before I roll my eyes and go back on facebook....

Hawkgirl
01-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Oh, and Scalia won't be attending...

lacarnut
01-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Oh, and Scalia won't be attending...

And I will not be listening to his lies either.

Odysseus
01-25-2011, 06:30 PM
So till he starts reading the prompter, what do you think POTUS is going to say?
Nothing of substance. He will promise to tack to the center, the media will swoon and proclaim that he has restored his political fortunes, and then he will use the power of the executive branch to impose his agenda.

Some will be outraged within seconds of his rightward head fake, but most will be happy to proclaim him back in the messiah's role.

Some thoughts on this:

It's too bad that Teddy Kennedy isn't still around. I'd love to see him trying to cop a feel off of Michelle Bachman and getting slapped.
Chuck Schumer will end up with no one sitting next to him, so he'll drape a woman's sweater over the next seat and say that his date is in the bathroom. All night.
Democratic attempts to do the wave will fizzle out.
In memory of Bobby Byrd, his replacement, Joe Manchin, will hold up a lighter and call for "Free Bird" throughout the speech. Obama will not sing it.
People whose drinking game word is "civility" will end up in emergency rooms throughout the nation with near-toxic blood-alcohol levels.
Maxine Waters will physically assault a Republican within her immediate reach when he doesn't stand up and clap for an applause line.
A teleprompter glitch will result in Obama reading the first chapter of Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. Liberal pundits will cite this as proof of Obama's "depth" and wisdom.
Chris Matthews' leg will tingle, then throb painfully, before he finally falls out of his seat and screams uncontrollably. Keith Olbermann will step in and replace him on the air. Later, Olbermann will be found with a Ken doll with several locks of Matthews' hair taped to it and a large hat pin.

fettpett
01-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Chris Matthews' leg will tingle, then throb painfully, before he finally falls out of his seat and screams uncontrollably. Keith Olbermann will step in and replace him on the air. Later, Olbermann will be found with a Ken dol with several locks of Matthews' hair taped to it and a large hat pin.[/LIST]

LMFAO!!!! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/drunk-irish-048.gif

namvet
01-25-2011, 06:51 PM
I have a scheduled headache tonite

Tecate
01-25-2011, 08:42 PM
He certainly won't mention anything about the states and municipalities that are bankrupt, or the unfunded pensions.

SarasotaRepub
01-25-2011, 08:43 PM
Just 15 or so till Fearless Leader!!!!

Pat, I hope you unloaded that pistol. :mad::D:D

SarasotaRepub
01-25-2011, 09:09 PM
Here we go! :D

Tecate
01-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Yes, I know it isn't till 9pm EST but I figured we'd start talking about it a widdle early.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen... They're tying this to the AZ shooting as if the actions of an insane man with no political affiliation whatsoever reflects on the rest of us.

If you repeat the lie often enough...

Listening to the idiots in the media, you'd swear this guy was the founding member and chairman of the Tea Party.

Kay
01-25-2011, 09:11 PM
At least Michelle is dressed somewhat appropriately for this event.
I'm wondering who told the Hildebeast that she looks better with long hair.

Hawkgirl
01-25-2011, 09:14 PM
a downward spiraling economy
inflation
high unemployment rate
increasing, inflated deficit
double dip recession forecasted for the housing market

and all this clapping??

Tecate
01-25-2011, 09:17 PM
inflation
high unemployment rate

and all this clapping??
We've been in an economic depression for over 2 years now. You don't see soup lines like the 1930's because 43+ million people have magnetic food stamp debit cards issued by JP Morgan Chase. A high-tech bread line of sorts.

sgrooms
01-25-2011, 09:24 PM
I thought Algore invented the internet...

Hawkgirl
01-25-2011, 09:25 PM
He's reaching, talking about the soviet decline?....oh the irony!

SarasotaRepub
01-25-2011, 09:34 PM
I thought Algore invented the internet...

I know, some where AlGore is crying. :(:D

Man this speech is like watching grass grow.

patriot45
01-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Ok, so far I'm getting ....Gov will do this, Gov will do that, the gov is our God.

Click,click!

SR! I remembered! :D

Hawkgirl
01-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Boehner looks bored...he's this close to the eyeroll

SarasotaRepub
01-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Ok, so far I'm getting ....Gov will do this, Gov will do that, the gov is our God.

Click,click!

SR! I remembered! :D

LOL!!! Thanks Pat. I'm sure Mrs. Patriot45 is happy also. :D

Hawkgirl
01-25-2011, 09:42 PM
Did he just say he wants to lower the corporate tax rate?:confused:

Dummy heads exploding right now...

SarasotaRepub
01-25-2011, 09:42 PM
And mean while...back at DU...a moron crys out in the night!!!!

Kolesar (1000+ posts) Tue Jan-25-11 09:22 PM
Response to Reply #61 (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x272584#272880)

69. I never miss a SOTU when Obama's talking...eom

:D

sgrooms
01-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Debt...

Who created more debt than any president in history?

And this man talks about debt...

NJCardFan
And now for the healthcare for all meme. :rolleyes: Yes, the government is the best entity to take over healthcare. After all, they do everything so well. :rolleyes:

NJCardFan
I cannot wait for Bachman's response.

NJCardFan
01-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Wow. Coombs has that deer in the headlights look.

Hawkgirl
01-25-2011, 09:50 PM
why does everyone have a black and white ribbon on their lapel?

NJCardFan
01-25-2011, 09:52 PM

I believe it's for Giffords.

And is it me or does Obey have that Snookie orange look going?

NJCardFan
01-25-2011, 09:52 PM
And there goes the class warfare remark.

Hawkgirl
01-25-2011, 09:57 PM
" a government that lives within it's means" does he even know what that means?

NJCardFan
01-25-2011, 10:04 PM
" a government that lives within it's means" does he even know what that means?

No. They said his speech was going to be more to the center. Bull cookies. Same ol' progressive bullshit.

patriot45
01-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Is Biden drinking straight vodka!?! He keeps forgetting to stand and clap!

patriot45
01-25-2011, 10:06 PM
Pssst! All Republicans turn to your lib seat mate and slap them! Pass it on.

Hawkgirl
01-25-2011, 10:08 PM

He keeps smirking and nodding, in a Chris Matthews skeevy kind of way...

NJCardFan
01-25-2011, 10:10 PM
Is Bader-Ginsberg dead?

patriot45
01-25-2011, 10:10 PM
He made Boehner cry!

NJCardFan
01-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Um, Mr. President, Chile isn't "halfway across the world". It's considerably south.

NJCardFan
01-25-2011, 10:17 PM
Ho-hum. Weak speech. Same old BS. Nothing new.

patriot45
01-25-2011, 10:20 PM

Charles Krauthammer cut him down! Said it was a weak speech. Duh!

Speedy
01-25-2011, 10:23 PM

Are you kidding? It was a super awesome speech! Probably the greatest speech in the history of speeches! People in comas sat up in their beds, fully conscious to listen to it. Lame people walked closer to their TVs to better hear the speech. He the ears of the deaf started hearing again so they would not miss out on the awesomeness of this speech, and you dare to mock Obama! What the fuck is up with that?

Apocalypse
01-25-2011, 10:23 PM
State of the Union: Fact checking Obama's speech

By Richard Wolf and Gregory Korte, USA TODAY

President Obama focused about 80% of his State of the Union Address on the economy, offering proposals designed to create jobs, make the United States more competitive with other developed nations and reduce future budget deficits. Those goals can conflict, however. Here's a look behind the rhetoric:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2011-01-25-state-of-the-union-fact-check_N.htm

patriot45
01-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Ryan is ripping the 0 a new one!!!

Apocalypse
01-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Ryan is ripping the 0 a new one!!!

Ryan? Ryan who?

patriot45
01-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Ryan is blowing away the 0 speech! Talking like an adult to adults.

patriot45
01-25-2011, 10:34 PM
Ryan? Ryan who?

:rolleyes: Paul Ryan

patriot45
01-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Bachmans turn now! Apocalypse, thats Michelle Bachman! :D

Novaheart
01-25-2011, 10:38 PM
I cannot wait for Snookie's response.

Me neither.

NJCardFan
01-25-2011, 10:57 PM
This ought to tell you how clueless some people are. Hannity has Frank Luntz on who does his instant poll thing and one of the Obamaites made a comment how unemployment has gone down since Obama's been in office. Oy.

Jfor
01-25-2011, 11:23 PM
This ought to tell you how clueless some people are. Hannity has Frank Luntz on who does his instant poll thing and one of the Obamaites made a comment how unemployment has gone down since Obama's been in office. Oy.

They must have talked to stupidicus.

lacarnut
01-25-2011, 11:29 PM

But, only 7 out of 13 that voted for Obama stated they would not vote for him again. That is very bad news for the Magic Negro. Looks like people are paying more attention this time around.

CueSi
01-26-2011, 02:01 AM
I, like a productive American, worked. What did I miss?

~QC

fettpett
01-26-2011, 07:02 AM
My wife was watching Cupcake Wars and I was falling asleep....anyone got a link to Ryan's response?

Arroyo_Doble
01-26-2011, 08:48 AM
Did Biden and his permanent frown remind anyone else of this?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_le7HKNt-Jos/SRTEo-DFl6I/AAAAAAAAA_0/AeZrBl4BYP8/s320/Walter.jpg

fettpett
01-26-2011, 08:53 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_le7HKNt-Jos/SRTEo-DFl6I/AAAAAAAAA_0/AeZrBl4BYP8/s320/Walter.jpg

Unlike Kerry, Walter is full of win :D

Calypso Jones
01-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Obonehead says that the World Economic Rules have changed.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.78a432ed1d59584d79f2727132ddf8a f.41&show_article=1

They sure have but that doesn't mean they're right. We should be a beacon, a bastion of common sense and not fall for this bull. The situation we find ourselves in is leftist caused. Dump their illconceived and ill advised changes and we'll recover. And by the way. Baron Samedi's remarks in this article are so...lacking in any substance as to be a lesson in talking much but saying nothing.

Odysseus
01-26-2011, 09:55 AM
At least Michelle is dressed somewhat appropriately for this event.
I'm wondering who told the Hildebeast that she looks better with long hair.
Anything that covers more of her is an improvement.

We've been in an economic depression for over 2 years now. You don't see soup lines like the 1930's because 43+ million people have magnetic food stamp debit cards issued by JP Morgan Chase. A high-tech bread line of sorts.
That's a great line!

Turner Classic Movie Awareness.

The Secret Service keeps him sedated when he goes out in public. It cuts down the gaffs.

I, like a productive American, worked. What did I miss?
~QC
Several things.

An unidentified couple in the back row were making out.
The Secret Service had to augment Biden's sedatives by blowgun. If you slow down the TiVo, you can actually see the darts hitting his neck.
Pelosi's botox injection wore off just before the last applause line. You can see her eyebrows twitching uncontrollably. That video will be going viral.
The Sergeant at Arms managed to get the crowd to stop throwing the beach ball around before the start of the speech, but he had to give three members detention.
Al Franken brought a packet of straws and kept shooting spitwads at Republicans whenever he thought that the cameras weren't on him.
Chuck Schumer spent the entire speech seated, with a raincoat in his lap.

Be fair. It's tough to keep Biden sedated throughout that long an event without having him pass out. It's a very fine balancing act for the Secret Service pharmacy. As they put it, you can have him smiling, or you can have him seated and fully clothed. It's your call.

Arroyo_Doble
01-26-2011, 10:22 AM
The funniest part for me was Obama calling the earmark bluff. I am sure he will be happy to take over some of the appropriating duties of the Legislative Branch.

Odysseus
01-26-2011, 10:43 AM
The funniest part for me was Obama calling the earmark bluff. I am sure he will be happy to take over some of the appropriating duties of the Legislative Branch.

You really must read the Constitution some time.

Arroyo_Doble
01-26-2011, 10:46 AM

God is in the details.

fettpett
01-26-2011, 10:51 AM

more like our estemted President who is supposedly a "Constitutional Scholar" needs to read the thing

Arroyo_Doble
01-26-2011, 10:59 AM
more like our estemted President who is supposedly a "Constitutional Scholar" needs to read the thing

The transportation bill will be easy. "We appropriate X billion for transportation."

Done. Obama can fill in the details.

Edit: Get ready for the Duck Test.

Molon Labe
01-26-2011, 11:28 AM
inflation
high unemployment rate

and all this clapping??

And he said the state of the union was strong. :rolleyes:

The speech can be separated into two parts. The first part he explains all the spending that government is going to do. The second he explains that government is not going to spend that much.

Something's gotta give.

Molon Labe
01-26-2011, 11:29 AM

I'm hoping you are joking that you think this is a good idea.

Earmarks are what keep the executive branch from controlling this.

Arroyo_Doble
01-26-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm hoping you are joking that you think this is a good idea.

Earmarks are what keep the executive branch from controlling this.

You might want to let the so-called tea party freshmen in the House in on that secret

lacarnut
01-26-2011, 02:56 PM
You might want to let the so-called tea party freshmen in the House in on that secret

I am sure they have figured out that Obama's stating that we will be 80% of the way from dependence on importing foreign oil by 2035 is a big whopper of a lie. Even a moonbat liberal should be able to figure that out.

Molon Labe
01-26-2011, 03:43 PM

Tea party? The Democrats also like this idea as well.