PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon was intended target in Penn Valley Community College stabbing

Rockntractor
01-25-2011, 02:59 PM
By: Aaron Heintzelman

KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The man who stabbed a dean at Penn Valley Community College meant to attack Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon and was upset to learn during police questioning he stabbed the wrong person.

Nixon said on Thursday investigators told him 22-year-old Casey Brezik was targeting him Tuesday not because of a particular problem, but because he was a top government official.

Click on the attached video to hear Nixon's response

Nixon was scheduled to appear at Penn Valley for a news conference Tuesday morning, but about 15 minutes before it started and before the governor was even on the small Kansas City campus, Brezik allegedly stabbed dean of instruction Dr. Albert Dimmitt Jr., in the neck.

Nixon's office sent out a release minutes later, saying the event had been canceled. A Nixon spokesman said Thursday his office would have no comment on the report that the governor was the intended target of the attack.

Mark James, the chancellor of Metropolitan Community College, a system with five campuses spread out through the Missouri side of the Kansas City metro, assisted in getting the knife away from Brezik after the attack and detaining him until authorities arrived.

Brezik, who had only been a student at the Penn Valley campus for about three weeks, was wearing a bullet-proof vest when witnesses said he caused a commotion in a room of the Humanities building as campus officials were preparing for Nixon’s visit.

When Dimmitt left the room to get security, Brezik allegedly followed and stabbed him in the neck. He was charged later that day with two counts each of assault and armed criminal action.

Dimmitt’s son said at a news conference Wednesday his father was recovering well and looking forward to returning to work at Penn Valley.

At Brezik’s first court appearance, also on Wednesday, his father told The Star the Raytown resident had been battling mental illnesses for years and that Brezik talked about “Big Brother watching” and harbored anti-government ideals.

Court records from 2007 show Brezik was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia in 2006 and had spent time in at least four mental hospitals, according to The Star.

Police said he may have been on drugs when he attacked Dimmitt.
http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/crime/report%3A-missouri-gov.-jay-nixon-was-intended-target-in-penn-valley-community-college-stabbing

Rockntractor
01-25-2011, 03:01 PM
On September 16, 2010 there was an assassination attempt on Missouri Governor Jay Nixon. The assassin, Casey Brezik, a self-proclaimed Left Wing radical, stabbed a Dean of the college and another man trying to help the Dean. Apparently Brezik had no idea what Nixon looked like and according to the Associated Press report:

"A man accused of stabbing a Kansas City college official intended to instead attack Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon and mistakenly believed he had done so, police said Thursday.

The suspect, 22-year-old Casey Brezik, did not know Nixon and had no particular beef with the governor, but he decided to attack him because he was a top government official, Kansas city police spokesman Darin Snapp said."

If you live outside of Missouri, did you hear about this? I didn't until yesterday when Gateway Pundit posted a blog about it. This was reported by Fox News but I don't recall a mention on any of their programs on the air. A man attempts to assassinate a Governor just to attack a top government official and there is no NATIONAL news reporting on this??? What is wrong with this picture?

Brezik's parents claim that he suffers from mental illness as reported by WLSI TV:

"Brezik's father, Raymond Florio, said his son has a long history of mental illness and hasn't received the medical help he needs.

Court documents from Springfield show his mother, Heather Brezik, described her son as paranoid schizophrenic and sought legal guardianship in 2007. She dropped the request when Casey Brezik was sentenced to prison for drug possession."

Maybe if this had been reported on the national news level, a light bulb would have gone on and someone would have sought help for Jared Loughner, the apparently mentally deranged Tucson shooter.

Why wasn't this reported? Was it because the Governor is a white male and the assassin is a minority? Was it because the assassin is a self-proclaimed Left Winger? Was it because, as Jack Cashill suggests, that it involved a knife as opposed to a gun? (the Left isn't on any mission to ban knives - yet).

Thanks to this story getting absolutely no national attention, Brezik's Facebook page is still up. It doesn't appear to be rants of a deranged schizophrenic as his Mother suggests. The only mental illness that is clear on his page is Progressivism. He even uses Obama's favorite chant - 'Yes we can':
http://independentandconservative.blogspot.com/

Interesting! I heard nothing of this story until today.

Articulate_Ape
01-25-2011, 03:10 PM
He even uses Obama's favorite chant - 'Yes we can'

Well, given the fact that he didn't even stab his intended target, I would submit that no he couldn't.

noonwitch
01-25-2011, 04:22 PM
He's a paranoid schizophrenic.

lacarnut
01-25-2011, 04:27 PM

A left winger to boot.

Rockntractor
01-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Do you think this may be what is wrong with the left?
:confused:

Calypso Jones
01-25-2011, 05:35 PM
he didn't even stab his victim...he SLASHED HIS THROAT. Now i submit. WHO do we know who does that?? hmmmm.

Odysseus
01-25-2011, 05:42 PM
http://independentandconservative.blogspot.com/

Interesting! I heard nothing of this story until today.
Same here. Apparently, though, there is even more to the story. From Big Journalism:

Democrat Missouri Governor Attacked By Progressive, Media Buried Story

Posted by Dana Loesch Jan 25th 2011 at 9:20 am in Mainstream Media, media bias

http://bigjournalism.com/dloesch/2011/01/25/democrat-missouri-governor-attacked-by-progressive-media-buried-story/

I’d ask if you remember the story of a Democrat governor being attacked last year, but chances are you’d say “no.” Last year when Missouri Governor – my governor – Jay Nixon had an attempt made on his life the local media said nothing – borderline concealed – the leanings of the attacker. The story of 22-year-old Casey Brezik didn’t go national (Brezik slashed the throat of a dean he mistook for Nixon) there were no calls for New Tone because the attacker was a far left-leaning, Che-loving, radical:

http://bigjournalism.com/files/2011/01/Picture-75.png

In his “About Me” box on Facebook, Brezik listed as his favorite quotation one from progressive poster boy, Che Guevara. The quote begins “Our every action is a battle cry against imperialism” and gets more belligerent from there.

On his wall postings, Brezik ranted, “How are we the radical(s) (left) to confront the NEW RIGHT, if we avoid confrontation all together?”

As good as his word, Brezik’s marched on Toronto in June 2010 to protest the G20 Summit, where he was arrested, charged, and deported. “MISSION ACCOMPLISHED,” he boasted.

Like many on the left, Brezik seemed to have found religion.

In reference to an article about Terry Jones and his proposed Quran burning, Brezik posted on the day before his planned assault, “This is now a Holy war. Scriptures have been desecrated. War U can’t handle. Make a choice and quick.”

Basically, he didn't fit the narrative. First, he was a minority. Second, he was apparently either a Muslim or highly sympathetic to Muslims. Third, he didn't use a gun or rack up much of a body count, so the story wasn't "sexy" by media standards. Fourth, the victim wasn't a minority, and while the intended victim was a Democrat, he wasn't injured.

And, here's his Facebook page:

http://bigjournalism.com/files/2011/01/Picture-88.png

It's hard to tell how many of their policies are driven by medical delusions, as opposed to political ones.

Rockntractor
01-25-2011, 05:48 PM
he didn't even stab his victim...he SLASHED HIS THROAT. Now i submit. WHO do we know who does that?? hmmmm.

Yahweh's Witnesses?:eek:

Odysseus
01-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Yahweh's Witnesses?:eek:

Among others. His Facebook page is still up. It's a collection of bizarre rants, including photos of his formerly homeless digs, and a description of his arrest in Toronto at the G20. It's worth a look, if only for the window into the mind of someone who has overdosed on leftist idiocy:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001112190165#!/profile.php?id=100001112190165&sk=wall

Wei Wu Wei
01-25-2011, 07:17 PM
why would a left-wing person want to attack a democrat? i thought the democrats are the leftist party?

Calypso Jones
01-25-2011, 07:31 PM
because the leftwing pol doesn't don't go far enough to solve the problems perceived by his leftist constituent? Because after years of being radicalized and propagandized and angrified by the leftist professors, domestic terrorism to express students disappointment and disapproval is acceptable. Not to society in general....but when have leftists cared about polite society in general?

Adam Wood
01-25-2011, 07:43 PM
why would a left-wing person want to attack a democrat? i thought the democrats are the leftist party?
Ask Jason Loughler.

Calypso Jones
01-25-2011, 08:13 PM
While Loughner IS leftwing, I think his craziness far overshadowed his politics. And when you look at his actual political awareness, he had no legitimate source except for his own life experiences and probably what he gleaned from the occassional jon stewart/colbert/ olberman show.

Adam Wood
01-25-2011, 08:22 PM
While Loughner IS leftwing, I think his craziness far overshadowed his politics. And when you look at his actual political awareness, he had no legitimate source except for his own life experiences and probably what he gleaned from the occassional jon stewart/colbert/ olberman show.I agree. And I think that the same was the case with this nutter. He was more openly vocal on his politics, but the guy has "crazy" written all over his face, just like Laughner.

The whole point is that this attempt, just like with Gabby Giffords, was an attack of crazy, not an attack of politics. And yet one was treated VERY differently from another. Granted, a mass-shooting is far more dramatic than a failed knifing, but both were attempts on the lives of high-level elected officials.

By the way, for everyone reading, guess who has never heard of this (http://www.democraticunderground.com/searchresults.html?q=brezik&sitesearch=democraticunderground.com&sa=Search&domains=democraticunderground.com&client=pub-7805397860504090&forid=1&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&cof=GALT:%23008000;GL:1;DIV:%23336699;VLC:663399;A H:center;BGC:FFFFFF;LBGC:336699;ALC:0000FF;LC:0000 FF;T:000000;GFNT:0000FF;GIMP:0000FF;FORID:11&hl=en).

Calypso Jones
01-25-2011, 08:47 PM
well i'll agree with you that they're crazy. Or anti-social at the very least. but don't you find it the least bit interesting, the least bit telling that they lean more to the left by their own words made public thru their writings?

Rockntractor
01-25-2011, 08:59 PM
I agree. And I think that the same was the case with this nutter. He was more openly vocal on his politics, but the guy has "crazy" written all over his face, just like Laughner.

The whole point is that this attempt, just like with Gabby Giffords, was an attack of crazy, not an attack of politics. And yet one was treated VERY differently from another. Granted, a mass-shooting is far more dramatic than a failed knifing, but both were attempts on the lives of high-level elected officials.

By the way, for everyone reading, guess who has never heard of this (http://www.democraticunderground.com/searchresults.html?q=brezik&sitesearch=democraticunderground.com&sa=Search&domains=democraticunderground.com&client=pub-7805397860504090&forid=1&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&cof=GALT:%23008000;GL:1;DIV:%23336699;VLC:663399;A H:center;BGC:FFFFFF;LBGC:336699;ALC:0000FF;LC:0000 FF;T:000000;GFNT:0000FF;GIMP:0000FF;FORID:11&hl=en).
I was listening to Quinn and Rose this morning and they did a segment on this story, there wasn't a lot when I googled it either, but I have a feeling there soon will be.

SaintLouieWoman
01-25-2011, 09:05 PM

Jay Nixon was the Attorney General of Missouri for many years. Although a Dem, he at least is trying to appear conservative. I've met him and personally don't care for him, but he doesn't come across as a radical.

Rockntractor
01-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Among others. His Facebook page is still up. It's a collection of bizarre rants, including photos of his formerly homeless digs, and a description of his arrest in Toronto at the G20. It's worth a look, if only for the window into the mind of someone who has overdosed on leftist idiocy:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001112190165#!/profile.php?id=100001112190165&sk=wall

It is amazing how whenever it's a far left activist they are automatically written off as schizophrenic with no political reason whatsoever!

Calypso Jones
01-25-2011, 11:05 PM
yes. isn't it.

Lanie
01-25-2011, 11:06 PM

Not to the really far leftists, they're not. If anything, they're worse than the Republican Party in the eyes of people like this.

PoliCon
01-25-2011, 11:07 PM

A left winger to boot.

There's a difference? What's his DU name? :D

Lanie
01-25-2011, 11:19 PM
I agree. And I think that the same was the case with this nutter. He was more openly vocal on his politics, but the guy has "crazy" written all over his face, just like Laughner.

One was treated differently from the other because one caused a whole lot more damage than the other. One involved murdering a child and an elderly lady. One involved actually hitting the target. Did you know what there were assassination attempts on Obama's life before the Presidental election? They didn't make a big deal out of this either. Not only did they want to kill Obama, but they wanted to go on a killing spree at a black high school.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/30/daniel-cowart-kill-obama_n_518408.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE49Q7KJ20081027

"The individuals began discussing going on a 'killing spree' that included killing 88 people and beheading 14 African Americans," Weaks said in the affidavit.

The men stole guns from family members and also had a sawed-off shotgun. They planned to target a predominately black school, going state to state while robbing individuals and continuing to kill people, Weaks said in the affidavit.

"They further stated that their final act of violence would be to attempt to kill/assassinate presidential candidate Barack Obama," he said.

The media made no big deal out of this at all even though this clearly showed a danger to the lives of young people in Tennessee.

So I'm sorry, but the incident in this thread is not an isolated one. My gosh. Obama's attempted assassins wanted to behead people and the media didn't show much to care about it.

Lanie
01-25-2011, 11:21 PM
There's a difference? What's his DU name? :D

I would have an argument with you about this, but the voice in my head just told me not to.

PoliCon
01-25-2011, 11:23 PM
I would have an argument with you about this, but the voice in my head just told me not to.

:D

Rockntractor
01-25-2011, 11:25 PM
:D

Hello hello! Echo echo!:D

Adam Wood
01-26-2011, 01:50 AM
One was treated differently from the other because one caused a whole lot more damage than the other. Yes, and I acknowledged that.

One involved murdering a child and an elderly lady. One involved actually hitting the target. True. But don't you think that an attempt on the life of a governor might just warrant a little more coverage than a brief mention on a local 6:00 news channel? Where is all of the howling about how it was the "political rhetoric of the times" when it came to this guy? Shouldn't this have been a topic of every Sunday show after it happened? After all, every state has at least two Representatives, but no state has more than one Governor.

Did you know what there were assassination attempts on Obama's life before the Presidental election? They didn't make a big deal out of this either. Not only did they want to kill Obama, but they wanted to go on a killing spree at a black high school.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/30/daniel-cowart-kill-obama_n_518408.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE49Q7KJ20081027

The media made no big deal out of this at all even though this clearly showed a danger to the lives of young people in Tennessee.

So I'm sorry, but the incident in this thread is not an isolated one. My gosh. Obama's attempted assassins wanted to behead people and the media didn't show much to care about it.Ah yes. The infamous tuxedos and pickup trucks assassination attempt of 2008. Because that was SUCH a danger.

Come on. Are you seriously trying to equate this to a knife-wielding loon who had a very real opportunity (and made a very real attempt) to kill a state's Executive?

CueSi
01-26-2011, 01:57 AM
Jay Nixon was the Attorney General of Missouri for many years. Although a Dem, he at least is trying to appear conservative. I've met him and personally don't care for him, but he doesn't come across as a radical.

Kinda like Giffords... she's a blue dog democrat. The Kos kids had to have hated her for a reason.

~QC

Tecate
01-26-2011, 02:08 AM
Wow, I missed this.

The false reality makers in the media continue to do what they do best... If something doesn't fit the template, then sweep it under the rug. Oh wait... Loughner didn't fit the template either, but that didn't stop them from trying to blame the right anyway.

nightflight
01-26-2011, 02:08 AM
It happened in September of 2010 in Missouri. A 22 year old named Casey Brezik, wearing a bullet proof vest, charged toward Missouri’s Democratic Governor Jay Nixon with a knife and attempted to slash his throat.

In light of the media’s race to talk about the right’s climate of hateful rhetoric, you have probably guessed by now that Casey Brezik was an anti-Christian, anti-capitalist leftist who participated in a number of leftwing protests. He was also a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic.

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2011/01/24/the-assassination-attempt-you-have-not-heard-of/

At this point anyone who says the media isn't biased certainly has their head in a dark place.

noonwitch
01-26-2011, 09:05 AM

Paranoid schizophrenics come in all political types. They tend to attack the politicians or other figures who they get fixated on for reasons that have to do with personal delusions.

Mark David Chapman, the killer of John Lennon, is a good example that has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with schizophrenia. Sometimes, he thought he was the real John Lennon and that he had to kill the imposter, and other times he thought that he was avenging God for Lennon's atheistic stance in music and his corruption of american youth by his example of drug use and wanton sex with an ugly woman.

John Hinkley is also an apolitical figure, even though he tried to kill a president. He thought he was a character from a movie.

Calypso Jones
01-26-2011, 09:11 AM
I've never looked into the backgrounds of Chapman or Hinckley...but i will. Regardless, that doesn't negate this obvious rise of schizophrenia and political leanings since the beginning of the GWB time in office. I think it's something to be taken into consideration.

nightflight
01-26-2011, 09:40 AM
One was treated differently from the other because one caused a whole lot more damage than the other. One involved murdering a child and an elderly lady. One involved actually hitting the target.

But you would think that this case would get some mention......anything......but since it doesn't fit the narrative....

And you would think that in light of the Tucson shooting and all the attention on "rhetoric" that this case would be at least brought up. But instead, nothing.

Nothing.

Lanie
01-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Yes, and I acknowledged that.
True. But don't you think that an attempt on the life of a governor might just warrant a little more coverage than a brief mention on a local 6:00 news channel? Where is all of the howling about how it was the "political rhetoric of the times" when it came to this guy? Shouldn't this have been a topic of every Sunday show after it happened? After all, every state has at least two Representatives, but no state has more than one Governor.
Ah yes. The infamous tuxedos and pickup trucks assassination attempt of 2008. Because that was SUCH a danger.

Come on. Are you seriously trying to equate this to a knife-wielding loon who had a very real opportunity (and made a very real attempt) to kill a state's Executive?

Uh yes. In fact, it offends me very much that some skinheads or whatever wanted to go on a killing spree (most of the killings would have been kids) before killing the President, and people like you act like it's nothing to take seriously. :mad:

I'm not saying the Governor doesn't matter, but to say the Governor matters and this event wasn't to be taken so seriously is highly offensive.

Odysseus
01-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Because he's... wait for it... crazy?

Paranoid schizophrenics come in all political types. They tend to attack the politicians or other figures who they get fixated on for reasons that have to do with personal delusions.

Mark David Chapman, the killer of John Lennon, is a good example that has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with schizophrenia. Sometimes, he thought he was the real John Lennon and that he had to kill the imposter, and other times he thought that he was avenging God for Lennon's atheistic stance in music and his corruption of american youth by his example of drug use and wanton sex with an ugly woman.

John Hinkley is also an apolitical figure, even though he tried to kill a president. He thought he was a character from a movie.

Here's a question: Brezik's FB page contained numerous leftist political rants. How do these crazy rants differ from what you normally read on Daily KOS? Do we know that Brezik is schizophrenic, or are we assuming thist because the leftwing policy positions are indistinguishable from paranoid schizophrenic delusions?

Rockntractor
01-26-2011, 11:12 AM

I find it interesting that these recent Paranoid schizophrenics all include left wing politics in their delusions, That leaves little doubt as to their craziness.

Odysseus
01-26-2011, 11:25 AM
I find it interesting that these recent Paranoid schizophrenics all include left wing politics in their delusions, That leaves little doubt as to their craziness.

As I said above, leftwing policy positions are indistinguishable from paranoid schizophrenic delusions.

PoliCon
01-26-2011, 11:30 AM
what he gleaned from the occassional jon stewart/colbert/ olberman show.

And here we have part of the problem. Too many people think Stewarts shows counts as news. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
01-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Wow, I missed this.

The false reality makers in the media continue to do what they do best... If something doesn't fit the template, then sweep it under the rug. Oh wait... Loughner didn't fit the template either, but that didn't stop them from trying to blame the right anyway.

AH! But he used a gun and everyone knows only right wingers like guns. :rolleyes:

Adam Wood
01-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Uh yes. In fact, it offends me very much that some skinheads or whatever wanted to go on a killing spree (most of the killings would have been kids) before killing the President, and people like you act like it's nothing to take seriously. :mad:

I'm not saying the Governor doesn't matter, but to say the Governor matters and this event wasn't to be taken so seriously is highly offensive.Oh please. Two guys with a plan that even Wile E. Coyote would laugh at as ridiculous as compared to someone actually carrying out an attempt on someone's life? Not even remotely close.

If you're just going to sit around and be offended, then go right ahead. Personally, I'm just going to laugh at stupid skinheads who dream up idiocies like this one.

Lanie
01-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Oh please. Two guys with a plan that even Wile E. Coyote would laugh at as ridiculous as compared to someone actually carrying out an attempt on someone's life? Not even remotely close.

If you're just going to sit around and be offended, then go right ahead. Personally, I'm just going to laugh at stupid skinheads who dream up idiocies like this one.

People didn't think the idea of two crazy people attacking a school was so funny in April of 1999. They didn't think it was funny when that Amish school got attacked. It's not as if people haven't attacked a school before. It's not as if robberies haven't happened before. It's not as if a crazy individual hasn't made President assassination attempts before. Outside of the white supremacy ideology, what's so funny about it? I don't think the courts thought it was funny. Those guys did get sentenced.

Calypso Jones
01-26-2011, 02:09 PM
The Myth of the skinhead. Just thinking about that. I don't see evidence of skinheads in the US. Has anyone else? They're in Europe...german principally from what i can tell And they hate JEWS principally.

NJCardFan
01-26-2011, 02:49 PM

I'm not saying the Governor doesn't matter, but to say the Governor matters and this event wasn't to be taken so seriously is highly offensive.

So called American Skinheads are all mouth. They don't have the resources or the balls to carry out something so grandiose. The worst thing they might do is beat up some random black kid or spray paint a synagogue with the former being nothing more than what any other street gang would do.

Lanie
01-26-2011, 08:14 PM
So called American Skinheads are all mouth. They don't have the resources or the balls to carry out something so grandiose. The worst thing they might do is beat up some random black kid or spray paint a synagogue with the former being nothing more than what any other street gang would do.

If I remember right, these skinheads had weapons. Guess what people with weapons can do.

Rockntractor
01-26-2011, 08:28 PM
If I remember right, these skinheads had weapons. Guess what people with weapons can do.

Any of this shit with all the tension right now could explode into a powder keg, I'm not underestimating any group!

PoliCon
01-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Guess what people with weapons can do.

defend themselves against an oppressive government?

NJCardFan
01-26-2011, 10:02 PM

Um, believe me when I tell you that they're all mouth.

Lanie
01-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Um, believe me when I tell you that they're all mouth.

A court didn't agree. Maybe most of them are, but these guys weren't.