PDA

View Full Version : "Muslim Brotherhood Riots In Egypt,About to Overthrow Mubarak's Government."

megimoo
01-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Egypt President's Son, Family Fee to Britain

Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak's son who is considered as his successor has fled to Britain along with his family, US-based Arabic website Akhbar al-Arab reported.The plane with Gamal Mubarak, his wife and daughter on board left for London Tuesday from an airport in western Cairo, the website said.

The report came as violent unrest broke out in Cairo and other Egyptian cities and hundreds of thousands of people reportedly took to the streets in a Tunisia-inspired day of revolt.The protesters want Egyptian government to end its 30-year state of emergency and pass a law preventing a president from serving more than two terms, and want the interior minister Habib al-Adly, to resign.

Protests in Egypt broke out after opposition groups waged an internet campaign inspired by the Tunisian uprising. Weeks of unrest in Tunisia eventually toppled president Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali earlier this month.
A police officer was killed in clashes Tuesday in central Cairo, Egyptian daily al-Wafd reported.

Over 30,000 protesters gathered in Cairo's Maidan al-Tahrir square to take part in the 'day of anger', the spokesman for Egypt's '6 April' opposition movement, Mohammed Adel, said.'Police used tear gas and water canon to break up our protest and they arrested 40 of us, but we don't have official figures on the numbers of arrests across Egypt,' said Adel.

http://story.arabherald.com/index.php/ct/9/cid/48fcf33f9aeb6130/id/736259/cs/1/

Comments:
"US secretary of state Hillary Clinton said Tuesday Washington believed the Egyptian government was stable and urged restraint on both sides." Is that funny, or what? Makes you wonder just how out of touch with Foreign events the Sec of State really is? This Administration consists of a huge number of clowns and morons. What a disgrace!
If the Muslim Brotherhood takes control of Eqypt I doubt if that is going to mean peace in the Middle East.Christians will be in serious danger and Israel is going to have big problems. Nope this is not going to lead to peace.I hope that I am wrong.Just another IRAN in the making.
CAN YOU IMAGINE HILLARY BEING OUR NEXT PRESIDENT. SHE DOES NOT KNOW HER FRONT FROM HER BACK. THIS ADMINISTRATION IS THE WORST WE HAVE HAD IN YEARS.OBAMA WILL BE PLASTERED BY THE REPUBLICANS, AND HE DESERVES EVERY BIT OF IT. HE IS EVEN NOT AN AMERICAN CITIZEN.

Odysseus
01-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Cross your fingers and hope that the least worst element maintains control.

noonwitch
01-26-2011, 04:04 PM
They killed Mubarak's predecessor (Sadat) for making peace with Israel.

I hope Mubarak can hang on to power there, as he does the best he can to promote peace in the region.

megimoo
01-26-2011, 07:45 PM
Cross your fingers and hope that the least worst element maintains control.Whistling past a graveyard...Egypt was once fully Christian and the Coptics will be the last of the them .Islam infests all it touches and when in power subjugates then destroys all other religion.Egypt will be the next Sunni Islamic nation fully under Sharia Law .

Calypso Jones
01-26-2011, 08:12 PM
I'm sorry to say i'm not up to speed on this. I'm still piecing it together. What i have gleaned however is that some arm of Muslim Theocracy is expected to predominate in spite of the populations protestations. Is that right? What i need is a time line for the events in Tunisia and Egypt.

Odysseus
01-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Whistling past a graveyard...Egypt was once fully Christian and the Coptics will be the last of the them .Islam infests all it touches and when in power subjugates then destroys all other religion.Egypt will be the next Sunni Islamic nation fully under Sharia Law .

By the least bad alternative, I was expressing my hopes for a successful repression by the government. I agree that if they fail to stay in power, what follows will be a Sunni/Salafist theocracy, on a par with the Taliban. The only difference between the exodus of Christians and other minorities and the exodus of the Israelites is that this time, the plagues will continue long after the last refugee has left.

megimoo
01-27-2011, 12:03 AM
I'm sorry to say i'm not up to speed on this. I'm still piecing it together. What i have gleaned however is that some arm of Muslim Theocracy is expected to predominate in spite of the populations protestations. Is that right? What i need is a time line for the events in Tunisia and Egypt.

http://gigaom.com/2011/01/14/was-what-happened-in-tunisia-a-twitter-revolution/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2011/jan/26/egypt-protests

megimoo
01-27-2011, 01:04 AM

Here's another one !
Sudan's Historic Vote

* Voting: 9-15 January
* To pass, there must be a 60% turnout, plus a straightforward majority in favour
* Vote is a condition of the 2005 deal to end the two-decade north-south conflict
* Most northerners are Arabic-speaking Muslims
* Most southerners are Christian or follow traditional religions
* Oil-rich Abyei area to hold separate vote on whether to join north or south
* Referendum could divide Africa's largest country
* Final result due 6 February or 14 February if there are appeals
* South would become continent's newest nation on 9 July 2011
* National anthem and flag chosen, but not new country's name
http://breakingnewsdir.com/south-soudan-votes-indicate-split-145893.html