PDA

View Full Version : Kucinich sues over a sandwich

swirling_vortex
01-26-2011, 06:03 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-kucinich-lawsuit-20110127,0,5062455.story?track=rss

U.S. Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) is suing the operators of a House cafeteria for alleged negligence stemming from a 3-year-old incident involving a sandwich he says left him with significant dental injuries.

Kucinich is seeking $150,000 in damages from companies that run the cafeteria in the Longworth House Office Building and the providers that service it. According to the District of Columbia Superior Court, the case was filed on Jan. 3, and a hearing has been scheduled for April 8.

A copy of the suit obtained by the Cleveland Plain Dealer documents the April 2008 incident, in which Kucinich purchased a sandwich wrap he says was "represented to contain pitted olives." After consuming it, Kucinich found the olives were not pitted, causing "serious and permanent dental and oral injuries" that required "multiple surgical and dental procedures."

Kucinich's suit also claims he "sustained other damages," including "significant pain, suffering and loss of enjoyment." He also accuses the four firms of breach of implied warranty.

Kucinich, the former mayor of Cleveland and a two-time presidential candidate, represents Ohio's 10th district in the House. He is serving his eighth term.

Well, let's see what the problem is. First, the incident happened over 3 years ago. Seems a bit lengthy for a lawsuit. Second, he and the other 534 critters in Congress have voted themselves one of the best healthcare plans around. Sounds like someone's looking for a payout before his district gets eliminated.

Oh, and I spilled something hot on me once. Should I go sue the company now?

Apache
01-26-2011, 06:21 PM
After consuming it, Kucinich found the olives were not pitted,

Not before. Not DURING.

AFTER CONSUMPTION, he figured those hard thingys weren't good....riiiiiight :eek:

That's our government :rolleyes:

Articulate_Ape
01-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Sounds like someone's looking for a payout before his district gets eliminated.

That was my thought exactly.

fettpett
01-26-2011, 07:57 PM
wait...how the hell do you put unpitted olives on a sandwich?

I've taken bites in a a number of olives with pits in them and unless he took a huge chomp you can tell if there is a pit in it, not like the pit doesn't run the...you know...FULL LENGTH of the olive.

Articulate_Ape
01-26-2011, 08:27 PM
wait...how the hell do you put unpitted olives on a sandwich?

I've taken bites in a a number of olives with pits in them and unless he took a huge chomp you can tell if there is a pit in it, not like the pit doesn't run the...you know...FULL LENGTH of the olive.

Cleveland is in his district. He's a pit expert.

fettpett
01-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Cleveland is in his district. He's a pit expert.

This is the same guy that as claimed to see a UFO and to expose the supposed cover up

Odysseus
01-26-2011, 10:33 PM
Not before. Not DURING.

AFTER CONSUMPTION, he figured those hard thingys weren't good....riiiiiight :eek:

That's our government :rolleyes:

The whole sentence makes it even more dubious:

After consuming it, Kucinich found the olives were not pitted, causing "serious and permanent dental and oral injuries" that required "multiple surgical and dental procedures."

Kucinich's suit also claims he "sustained other damages," including "significant pain, suffering and loss of enjoyment." He also accuses the four firms of breach of implied warranty.

If I had bitten into something that caused that kind of damage, I'd have stopped biting. The only people who might just be stupider than this clown are the people that keep him in office.

noonwitch
01-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Weren't his teeth pretty bad to begin with?

It is false advertising, if the packaging or the cafeteria employees told him that the olives were pitted. $150,000 seems to be a bit much. I don't think a complete set of dentures costs that much, plus, he's a member of congress and I assume he has dental insurance that pays for part of the costs, like mine does.

Odysseus
01-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Weren't his teeth pretty bad to begin with?

It is false advertising, if the packaging or the cafeteria employees told him that the olives were pitted. $150,000 seems to be a bit much. I don't think a complete set of dentures costs that much, plus, he's a member of congress and I assume he has dental insurance that pays for part of the costs, like mine does.

A skull that empty probably doesn't provide much of a foundation for his teeth. :D