PDA

View Full Version : " Big Fat Gypsy Wedding:Sam Marries Gypsy Pat In A Huge Illuminated Wedding Dress."

megimoo
01-26-2011, 08:59 PM
New lifestyle: Sam is having to give up her old life and take on a whole new life living in a caravan

However, it wasn't until the celebrations moved to the nearby social club that Sam unveiled her piece de résistance when she turned on the lights on her dress for the first dance.

...lots of pictyures.....

The thought of becoming a traveller after growing up in a completely different culture would be daunting for any young woman.But last night on Big Fat Gypsy Weddings, it was a true tale of a modern-day Romeo and Juliet when 17-year-old barmaid Sam, a non-traveller or 'gorger' as they are known in the gypsy world, married traveller Pat.

The romance goes against everything the travelling world are working for - to keep their traditions and history alive.But dressmaker Thelma Madine, who is responsible for Sam's truly incredible gown, thinks there might be fireworks at the ceremony.

She explained: 'They don't want their society diluted by non-travellers so a non-traveller coming into the traveller community is going to dilute it. I would imagine there'll be people at the ceremony thinking this isn't right.'But tree surgeon Pat stood his ground about the relationship, saying: 'My best friend was like, "Why are you going with a non-traveller girl?" And I was like, "It's my life, my choice".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1350561/Big-Fat-Gypsy-Wedding-Sam-marries-gypsy-Pat-huge-dress.html

Big Fat Gypsy Weddings: Episode 2 Review

Last week’s episode of Big Fat Gypsy Weddings promised even more pink taffeta and diamantes were to follow, and the Channel 4 documentary makers didn’t disappoint. The wedding dresses were taken to a whole new level of impracticality when Thelma Madine, the Liverpool based dressmaker did for Gypsy brides what Tim Westwood did for cars – pimped them up with a whole lot of bling, and also in this case, battery power.

Episode two was entitled “No Place Like Home” and for the modern Traveller, this has become more important than ever before. For the Travelling community, ‘Home’ has become a place of conflict, where battles between the local council, bailiffs and the police are played out. No longer able to roam free, they are moved from site to site and as the opening voice over keeps telling us, “the Gypsy way of life is under threat.” But what exactly is the Gypsy way of life? Granted they have strict moral codes and follow Catholicism, but the documentary still hasn’t made clear what the other ‘ways’ are.

http://thepoplartree.wordpress.com/2011/01/26/big-fat-gypsy-weddings-episode-2-review/

Kay
01-26-2011, 10:22 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01/18/article-1348164-0CD061E9000005DC-61_634x510.jpg

Well it's ... um... interesting.

megimoo
01-26-2011, 10:43 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01/18/article-1348164-0CD061E9000005DC-61_634x510.jpg

Well it's ... um... interesting.With the yellow under garment She looks like she just lit off her booster rockets for a night launch !

Kay
01-26-2011, 10:45 PM
There's something growing out of her boob on the left side. :eek:

megimoo
01-26-2011, 11:50 PM
There's something growing out of her boob on the left side. :eek:Her gown is covered with silver butterflies and frilly crystal branches .The large splotch on her right boob is two swaths of light .The thing must have cost a fortune to buy ?

PoliCon
01-27-2011, 12:09 AM
How many car batteries does she have strapped to her ass?

megimoo
01-27-2011, 12:24 AM
How many car batteries does she have strapped to her ass?Two fuel cells and a solar panel !

obx
01-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Nice. Where did she steal it.

PoliCon
01-27-2011, 10:01 AM
Two fuel cells and a solar panel !

OHHHHHH . . . so it's her ass that makes her ass look that big.

PoliCon
01-27-2011, 10:02 AM
Nice. Where did she steal it.

From a drag show of course. :rolleyes:

noonwitch
01-27-2011, 10:11 AM
Awesome photos at the link. It makes me all nostaligic for my deceased second cousin's biker wedding. Big haired, tattooed women everywhere I looked.

Apache
01-27-2011, 10:32 AM
Awesome photos at the link. It makes me all nostaligic for my deceased second cousin's biker wedding. Big haired, tattooed women everywhere I looked.

Biker weddings are a blast! Especially if you're wearing a cowboy hat....:cool: